BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Sims, *removes ladder from pool*
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Slade
post Jan 28 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

The Sims, the ultimate virtual world for hours of escapism. Did you guys play this game as religiously as me back in the day?? Do you maybe even still play?

Which edition/platform was it all about for you? Best memories related to the game? Go go go
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jan 28 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

sims 3 pets where you could have unicorns >>>>>

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jan 28 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #3
feminist icon

WAIT NO THE ISLAND EDITION BECAUSE MY SIM WAS A f***ING MERMAID

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jan 28 2017, 06:39 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

My childhood was heavily devoted to this game. It was all about Sims 2 on PC for me! I bought multiple stuff/expansion packs and loved making families and custom content. This would mainly be trying to replicate my family/friends and celebrities (SO many of Avril 'Best Damn Thing' era). Discovering Motherlode and other cheats was iconic *.* I bought Sims 3 but never got into it the same.

Sims 2 Nightlife *.*

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Jan 28 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #5
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I was literally OBSESSED with this as a 13/14 year old back in 2001-3. Still enjoy playing now but never find the time.

Me and my sister loved playing and creating our little families. We killed off the Goth family because they were so shit. We had one plot where we kept moving in families and killing them off in fires so that there was eventually a mass grave yard on the plot.

We weren't weird or anything...

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Jan 28 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #6
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

OMG OMG I am huge Sims fan I have played every game near enough. My favourite old school fave was URBAN SIMZ

I am playing Sims 4 at the moment especially the City Living Expansion pack and I just love this type of game heart.gif

They also released Toddlers on the game so *.*

+Quote Post
Nadolig Llawen!
post Jan 28 2017, 06:47 PM
Post #7
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Oh yeah and the Sims Bustin Out is AMAZING

+Quote Post
Sqntq Clqus
post Jan 28 2017, 06:47 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Yoville >>>>>>>>>>>> sims

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Jan 28 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #9
feminist icon

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jan 28 2017, 06:41 PM) *
I was literally OBSESSED with this as a 13/14 year old back in 2001-3. Still enjoy playing now but never find the time.

Me and my sister loved playing and creating our little families. We killed off the Goth family because they were so shit. We had one plot where we kept moving in families and killing them off in fires so that there was eventually a mass grave yard on the plot.

me and my friend made a barracks and trapped all of the kids inside of it and saw how they would survive without parents. we chose one child to be the special one and gave it special treatment in front of the other kids such as food and love from a parent. the other kid ended up being hated and they all ended up failing school

+Quote Post
santa's sack
post Jan 28 2017, 07:10 PM
Post #10
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I never managed to get into this! I've always watched YouTube videos of it but when I've got round to playing it (3 & 4) are the only ones I've played I've just found it too tedious and boring, very time consuming zzz.gif

+Quote Post
The-BrightPlaces
post Jan 28 2017, 07:26 PM
Post #11
I wanna contribute to the chaos
Member No.: 23,513
   No Gallery Pics

the sims is so much fun!! probably one of my fav games, I loved sims 2 and the pets one happy.gif I've got sims 3 for xbox 360 but since getting my ps4 I never play on my xbox and therefore don't play the sims.. I did however find out that you get sims on your phone (sims freeplay) and I was obsessed from about october to december last year, but I've not played it since christmas and if i go back now they are going to be all stinky and uninspired and I cba making all 20 of them happy again so that's that laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Jan 28 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

I remember in the Sim 2. Playing as The Goth family and accidentally getting the lady fired from her job. (It asked me if I wanted to correct someones work, I said yes and she got fired.) Became miserable and I couldn't fix her so she had to drown, sadly that plan didn't work. So she had a iamspamspamamiaccident.

+Quote Post
❄The Snow.
post Jan 28 2017, 07:29 PM
Post #13
Life is too short for shade.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

The Sims Medieval sounds good...as I like history, but I don't have it yet sadly.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Jan 28 2017, 07:30 PM
Post #14
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I literally used to love building the house and decorating it. That was the most exciting bit for me. Then I'd move in a family, get bored and start all over again by building a new house laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 28 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #15
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(mdh @ Jan 28 2017, 07:10 PM) *
I never managed to get into this! I've always watched YouTube videos of it but when I've got round to playing it (3 & 4) are the only ones I've played I've just found it too tedious and boring, very time consuming zzz.gif

I am the same, I could never really get into it... I like to just watch the funny things on Youtube but I think it's one of those games where you have to build up to it a lot and I just cba to create a whole neighbourhood and all the relationships and "level up" the Sims etc. for the exciting bits to actually happen.

+Quote Post
Petelehem
post Jan 28 2017, 08:00 PM
Post #16
This lunch tastes like a beat
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I remember having three versions on Nintendo DS. I had the one where you owned a hotel, but then the game crashed when I tried to become a spy.

I had The island, which was my favourite, but I could never get to become friends with any of te other islanders because I was too lazy to do any of the chores laugh.gif

I also had The Sims Pets, but I played that like once laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Jan 28 2017, 08:07 PM
Post #17
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I've tried starting things as the Sims on The Sims 3 several times but I can never get into it because I always get so BORED after I've set up the house and I'm watching my Sims go through monotone daily grinds. A bit too real. and not enough strategising over historical battle death the way I really like my games

I mean it's something I could get into if there were way more options and in-depth ways to set your people towards a goal or play out the story but it's really too much fluff for me.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Jan 28 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #18
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jan 28 2017, 06:41 PM) *

We did that too! laugh.gif

MASSIVE early 2000s game - me and my brother were obsessed with Superstar and later Sims 2 University.

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Jan 28 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #19
   No Gallery Pics

Dunno what Bustin' out is but anyone play The Urbz??

+Quote Post
Candlelit Snow
post Jan 28 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #20
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jan 28 2017, 08:07 PM) *
I've tried starting things as the Sims on The Sims 3 several times but I can never get into it because I always get so BORED after I've set up the house and I'm watching my Sims go through monotone daily grinds. A bit too real. and not enough strategising over historical battle death the way I really like my games

I mean it's something I could get into if there were way more options and in-depth ways to set your people towards a goal or play out the story but it's really too much fluff for me.

Sims 1/2 were less real - babies in college dorms etc - and killing everyone but yourself, the professor you have sex with as sperm donor/ grades donor, and the baby in the dorms with fire, including the chef who never came back laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 04:24 AM