BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017, Tbilisi, Georgia 26th November 2017
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ryan.
post Feb 2 2017, 03:18 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Everyone's second favourite international music competition is back! Finally, after winning the contest three times, the EBU have allowed Georgia to host the contest and it will be more than likely taking place in their capital city of Tbilisi. Presumably, the venue will be the Tbilisi Concert Hall after it hosted a highly professionally produced Georgian National Final a couple of weeks ago.

6 provisional participants already, and these are as follows:
  • Belarus
  • Cyprus
  • Georgia
  • Ireland
  • Russia
  • The Netherlands

cheer.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Catderella
post Feb 2 2017, 03:38 PM
Post #2
alimony butterflies
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 4,397

No

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Feb 2 2017, 03:46 PM
Post #3
😶
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

...no no NOT MY SOUL.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 2 2017, 03:52 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Feb 2 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #5
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

Idk but I know what a Melodifestivalen is smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Mar 17 2017, 02:23 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Will take place on November 26th at the Tbilisi Sports Palace!! cheer.gif

https://www.escxtra.com/2017/03/16/junior-e...-november-26th/

+Quote Post
NicM82
post Apr 1 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #7
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 28,265
   No Gallery Pics

Hurrah! Georgia is going to host - I know that their young champion Mariam Mamadashvili was eager that they not pass-up their opportunity and I did enjoy her entry. I hope they do a great job and showcase the best of what Georgia has to offer.

It's a shame that the UK doesn't bother with this competition - I know, I know, zero chance of it happening, but it is a shame. I think it says that we can't be arsed with the adult version. The BBC picking some young teenage talent with an upbeat, fun song, say a kid spotted on Britain's Got Talent or BPI/Musician's Guild/Equity supported competition who we know can deliver on-camera and then letting somebody else stage it would be a nice way to demonstrate that we would actually like to try harder at the adult Contest too at relatively limited expense. It would be a good way to try out a few ideas for styles and staging without risking them in the adult competition and use JESC as a job interview for the adult ESC the way that some of the other countries do like Netherlands and Russia.

As for the Contest itself, there were major issues with Malta's effort. I think maybe kids should be in-charge of deciding who wins - I am not convinced by the idea of adult juries on a kid's competition. I would far rather have a mix of adults and kids on the juries if they have to have adults at all. I also think that there ought to be more emphasis on interval and opening acts being keyed towards the participants and the kind of shows kids want to see, bands and singers who have tween and teenage fan-bases, young dance troupes and that kind of thing. Maybe even look at having teenage presenters who the target audience can relate to rather than people in their thirties. I know that Disney isn't a good label for it, but learning from how children's television works to increase the drama and excitement and make the design more interesting from a young point-of-view. The kid audience should be front and centre of absolutely everything that happens on the day. Also, viewing figures are not great - why watch if you can't vote at home? Given how kids are often early-adopters of new technologies now-a-days, the EBU could use JESC to test out new electronic and web-based voting systems for later use in the adult Contest. What about a Contest outreach program to the participating country's school systems and youth organisations to get more young people involved in music and performing arts projects as well as to watch and dirt cheap family tickets and family-friendly running times to encourage family's participation or cheap tickets for the host cities' schools?

JESC is a great idea - done properly and right now, they aren't doing it very well at all and if JESC doesn't work, the long-term implications for adult ESC could be equally grim.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2017 - 09:52 PM