BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Future of Buzzjack, News, Ideas and Suggestions
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post Feb 6 2017, 12:13 AM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

I think a major spring clean is due for this forum in many areas, and I have a suggestion on how to make the forum index better (that is this page I'm referring to http://www.buzzjack.com/forums).

I think a reordering of certain forums would be a good idea, but what do you think? ohmy.gif

Most visitors to any forum who don't know their way around will likely click on the first link they see to topics and posts, and for a long time this has been within the "Your Charts" section and specifically "UK Charts". I propose moving "The Lounge" forum right to the top of the page as a main focal point for people to come to when they enter the site perhaps for the first time. It gives them a chance to make introductions and get to know the people who make up the forum.

I suggest ordering the forums and sub forums in this way;

— WELCOME MESSAGE —

Your Community
Forum
The Lounge
Welcome to Buzzjack! Make your introductions here, then stick around for off-topic chat and fun!
Announcements
Announcements and News.

Your Charts
Forum
UK Charts
For all your UK chart needs - sales and chart stats, new music releases, middle of the week chart predictions, chart rundowns. Interested? Come and join us.
International Charts
Find out what's happening in the international chart music scene. Singles, albums and charts from Republic of Ireland, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, USA and beyond.
Personal Charts
A chance to show everyone what your personal chart is and also comment and rate other people's charts. Contribute to the Multichart and Album Chart here.
The Chart Archive
Formal and informal single / album chart runs, UK, European and Global sales data and information for your artists!

Your Music
Forum
Pop
The ultimate Pop Music forum! Discuss the latest in the pop world inside here including Adele, Ellie Goulding, Taylor Swift and Olly Murs.
Indie, Rock & Alternative
This is the home for all your Indie, Rock, Alternative, Punk and Metal!
R&B, Hip Hop & Urban
Come and discuss all things urban with the biggest names in the charts including the likes of Eminem, Kanye West and Nicki Minaj as well as emerging and upcoming talent.
Dance, Electro & House
The home for today's Dance, Electro and House music including Calvin Harris, Avicii, David Guetta and Katy B.

Your Artists
Forum

Your Choice
Forum
The Retro Lounge
From Classic Toys, Board Games to Comics, Music - 60s, 70s, 80, 90s, to your favourite Cult TV Programmes!
The Quiz RoomNEW FORUM!
Get your thinking caps on as we play classic games as Family Fortunes, Pointless, Never Mind The Buzzcocks and many others
Eurovision Song Contest
Following Jamala's victory, we’re heading to Ukraine for ESC 2017! Discuss all things Eurovision here including Melodifestivalen and all the latest rumours in the UK.
Buzzjack Song Contest
A Eurovision spin-off where members come to battle it out in the hope of claiming victory. You might even discover some fantastic music in the process!

Your News & Entertainment
Forum
News & Politics
Thought provoking and controversial issues.
UK TV & Soaps
Buzzjack's forum for British TV, Soap Operas and their ratings.
International TV
The place to discuss all TV from across the globe that doesn't fit in the forums above and below! Also, we have US ratings info!
Reality TV
Talent shows and reality shows including rating information.
Movies
Discussion of movies new and old, box office figures and award shows.
GamingNEW FORUM!
Come and discuss the latest and greatest games on Nintendo, PlayStation, X-Box and PC, along with retro games
Sports
The home for all Sport discussions, issues, debates & prediction games. The place to discuss about your gym routines and general fitness tips.

Site Communications
Forum
Troubleshooting
Are you a new member and can't understand some of our features? Or do you want to suggest changes to the boards? Stick these comments in here.
Features Request
New BuzzJack feature? A new artist/group forum? Request them in here!

This post has been edited by awardinary™: Feb 8 2017, 08:05 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Вuzzjack
post Feb 6 2017, 12:19 AM
Post #2
Hello and welcome to Buzzjack!
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Buzzjack desperately needs a new logo, and top banner, a bee logo would be great, like the one Lindsey designed with the rainbow top on on the Battle Of The Duos thread.

Also blue and white has been the colour scheme for too long I think.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Feb 6 2017, 12:22 AM
Post #3
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

I think the quiz forum is really suited for the lounge, maybe more as a sub forum ala teams. I just don't know how popular the gaming forum would be

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Feb 6 2017, 12:23 AM
Post #4
😶
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Just an FYI guys, the words Buzzjack and change are complete opposites.

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Feb 6 2017, 12:30 AM
Post #5
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Feb 6 2017, 12:22 AM) *
I just don't know how popular the gaming forum would be

I think it's a massive oversight to not have an area of the forum to discuss gaming, gadgets and other technology to be honest. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Feb 6 2017, 12:32 AM
Post #6
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

Well there used to be one, and the fact it no longer exists shows how much demand there was.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsᴇʏ
post Feb 6 2017, 01:58 AM
Post #7
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

It's public knowledge that there's an upgrade coming in the future but I don't actually see what reordering the topics would actually do? Everyone has their own preferences to which areas they frequent most and know where to find them atm so I don't see this as anything that needs fixing and the general refresh will come with the new site, there's not much point in updating this version if it doesn't really need it when a whole brand new buzzjack is being worked on anyway.

PS that bee is a bitmoji, not something I drew laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 6 2017, 02:10 AM
Post #8
Balegdah
Member No.: 10,139

Yeah I think ordering is fine, as Lindsey said you can't pigeonhole which is more important to have at the top as such. In fact I'd argue the chart forum is the main draw for many, maybe not so much for regular members now but if you ask a lot of us (myself included ) why we came here it'll be the chart forum! There are a lack of places like this on the internet for such comprehensive chart info, so it's a big draw. I think however you order it there's always going to be "but what if this was top instead" laugh.gif Plus sadly, as has been said, whilst things may need a bit of a change, nothing will happen until we get this new site - whenever that may be!

Also, yeah we had a gaming/tech forum and there just isn't the audience for it. The Lounge is fine for the odd threads like new consoles, Apple stuff or really popular games like Pokemon or Mario Kart that have more of an audience and get attention. I think maybe it's the site has encompassed so many things for so long that we just don't have really the memberbase who's that interested in stuff like that. I mean I am, but there aren't enough to sustain a whole forum. I think because of the way the site is and always has been, our memberbase is more tailored to music and TV than gaming.

+Quote Post
Cody S. Berry
post Feb 6 2017, 02:15 AM
Post #9
#Justice4SimoneBiles
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think we need a gaming forum, per se, but I do think there should be one for Games/Rates that are separate from The Lounge. With how fast paced the Lounge gets (especially around rate time), people might not be able to completely follow up on these games the way they do the Chart Show or BJSC.

+Quote Post
Вuzzjack
post Feb 6 2017, 09:13 AM
Post #10
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ʟɪɴᴅsᴇ @ Feb 6 2017, 01:58 AM) *
PS that bee is a bitmoji, not something I drew laugh.gif

It was brilliant though, something like that could easily represent the Buzzjack brand. You should definitely make a bee logo based on it and submit it to Phil. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Вuzzjack
post Feb 6 2017, 09:18 AM
Post #11
   No Gallery Pics

Can we change the description for Dance, Electro and House please, it's not just today's dance music but past dance music too and also Katy B isn't really 'today's' dance music any more (although she could come back I suppose) biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
danG
post Feb 6 2017, 09:23 AM
Post #12
putting the DAN (feat. Quavo) in dance music
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

There's only a few threads about dance music of the past, the forum is generally about discussing the latest so I think that description is fine.

Plus Katy B is still relevant to an extent, she had an album just last year. tongue.gif Even if it flopped.

+Quote Post
Вuzzjack
post Feb 6 2017, 09:30 AM
Post #13
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(danG @ Feb 6 2017, 09:23 AM) *
There's only a few threads about dance music of the past, the forum is generally about discussing the latest so I think that description is fine.

Plus Katy B is still relevant to an extent, she had an album just last year. tongue.gif Even if it flopped.

We could replace Katy B with an act more defining in mid 10s dance music, like Galantis.

Avicii hasn't had a hit in a while too ohmy.gif , although he is still big as a live dance performer.

This post has been edited by The Wise Sultan: Feb 6 2017, 09:31 AM

+Quote Post
danG
post Feb 6 2017, 09:44 AM
Post #14
putting the DAN (feat. Quavo) in dance music
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(The Wise Sultan @ Feb 6 2017, 09:30 AM) *
We could replace Katy B with an act more defining in mid 10s dance music, like Galantis.

Avicii hasn't had a hit in a while too ohmy.gif , although he is still big as a live dance performer.

Did you not hear about Avicii retiring from live performances? laugh.gif His last one was about 6 months ago.

Avicii will be releasing new music sometime this year anyway so he'll be back in the charts biggrin.gif

You're right in Galantis being more relevant at the moment, but editing the description isn't a top priority for the site admin at the moment as he's still working on the site update.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsᴇʏ
post Feb 6 2017, 01:21 PM
Post #15
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Yea.... I'm not doing that laugh.gif

Bees have nothing to do with Buzzjack, I'm pretty sure the buzz part of the title is to reference like hype/talk/excitement etc if anything, not bees.

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Feb 6 2017, 01:50 PM
Post #16
hipstoria
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

You guys are right in that upgrades will come when they come and there's not much we can do about it until Phil is ready, but for simple things like updating descriptions I can substitute in whatever acts you want to be the main representatives of a forum very easily.

(Ryan pesters me to do that with Eurovision all the time and in fact I'm surprised he hasn't corralled me into including Lucie Jones in the wording yet)

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 6 2017, 02:17 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

I was thinking about exactly that just the other day! Expect a PM in the coming days biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SevenSeize
post Feb 6 2017, 04:56 PM
Post #18
i might
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

A music forum should not have the off-topic section at the very top :')

There is an argument for the artist forums being positioned more prominently, though i'm sure others have touched on that before. a Gaming forum would be fine but only if there's sufficient demand

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Feb 6 2017, 06:18 PM
Post #19
All songs should chart like the NHS Choir (feat. Quavo)
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Surely most new members join purely for the UK Chart discussions? I know that's how I got involved. When I google 'UK Chart Forum' BuzzJack is the first thing that comes up, but when I type in 'The Lounge' or 'Off-Topic Discussion Forum'/'General Discussion Forum' it's not even on the first page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 6 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #20
Balegdah
Member No.: 10,139

I think the AFs should be placed in the genre forums, as a section like the chart forum has the chart vault thing. It could be done one of two ways I suppose, it could be that the AFs are placed under the genre they pertain to, so for example pop would have Little Mix and R&B would have Beyonce. This would be "biased" towards pop I admit but it's about promoting discussions in the AFs rather than a petty fight for which forum gets the most replies. Or, they could go as a section alongside pop, R&B, dance and indie, so you click and see all the AFs.

Of course, once the site is upgraded hopefully there is a purge as many of them are not needed, then we can make the ones we do have more visible and help them out.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2017 - 11:18 AM