BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> entomophagy
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
jakewild
post Feb 8 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #1
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

insect eating. billions do it and we're likely gonna have to get used to it in the west for sustainablilty the way the population is growing. i'm not rly squeamish about eating insects myself but can definitely see why others would be. chefs in the west are already starting to introduce insects into menues and i do think over time they'll become much more common place. they're incredibly healthy and nutritious and i've recently started buying cricket powder as an alternative to protein powder. i think if markets started selling insects in bulk and drummed up the health benefits rather than the "are you brave enough?!" angle they get sold as at the minute then they'll catch on a lot more and bigger companies will take interest and the stigma will slowly become less prevelant.

discuss.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Feb 8 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #2
//
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I've always been curious about this. I'm not squeamish at all about it, just don't know how / where to do it lol

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Feb 8 2017, 06:02 PM
Post #3
//
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I also had no idea it had a fancy name so I was clicking on this thread with the utmost curiosity as to where it could lead

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Feb 8 2017, 06:09 PM
Post #4
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Mattias @ Feb 8 2017, 05:57 PM) *
I've always been curious about this. I'm not squeamish at all about it, just don't know how / where to do it lol

i think that's one of the main problems in trying to convince people tbh it has no presence. obviously things need a demand but the fact it's still a niche online thing of buying a locust to dare a mate to eat it doesn't help it grow as a normal thing. like i say if oh went to a market and could buy a load of seasoned crickets or something then i'm sure a lot of people would be curious enough to and start the ball rolling...

+Quote Post
Jade 🐱
post Feb 8 2017, 06:59 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I am not a huge fan of insects and the idea of eating them does make me feel a tad squeamish. I don't feel all that educated on entomophagy tbh, probably because it's such a Western taboo. When I think of insect eating, the I'm a Celeb eating challenge comes to mind - which is supposed to be a punishment/make viewers squirm, so yeah not exactly painted in a good light. May have to read more about it (such as the health benefits) out of curiosity.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2017 - 11:39 PM