BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rude customers.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post Feb 15 2017, 10:56 AM
Post #1
'Run Away With Me'
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,473

I absolutely Hate rude customers. Like what's the need? I always get them in Burger King over the fact that something isn't working or the prices are too high. Like yes I broke the machine to pass you off and made up the price to pass you off too.

I had this woman in yesterday and she asked for a cup of tea with a cheeseburger and fries. Our hit drinks machine was being serviced so I was like sorry but it's not working at the moment, can I get you anything else? And then she says 'well naw you don't have it do you' and rolled her eyes so I tried to make a joke and said as if you'd came in in about an hour it would be fine and then she comes back with 'a don't care about the how or whys just give me my food' but like she was so obnoxious and rude about it like there is no need!

Give us some of your customer service stories.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lotita
post Feb 15 2017, 11:16 AM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

The amount of times I get screamed at or raged at for something outside my control *.* another personal fav is when people take one look at me and ask to speak to the manager because I "can't possibly help them" even though my job is to and I'm capable of doing a simple refund laugh.gif I'm ngl I have pulled the "I am the manager" card before (at my old job for a while we had no manager and we were all "equals" so it was easy to get away with)

The story I always share is definitely the guy who told me I should go on birth control upon arriving at my till *.* he then proceeded to tell me I knew nothing about the real world and politics, he seemed quite surprised when I told him I actually do study it :')

+Quote Post
JSG
post Feb 15 2017, 03:26 PM
Post #3
'Run Away With Me'

OMG Lotti go on Birth Control girl. f*** sake that's terrible! Yeah we get those customers that ask to speak to a manager all the time too and usually it's just to switch a burger like I can't do that myself laugh.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Feb 15 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #4
On This Day in P!nk History...
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

Customers were one of the main reasons I moved to night shifts laugh.gif so glad I don't have to deal with them any more. I start work at 9pm and the shop closes at 10, so I may have to deal with them for about an hour, but I usually spend that first hour hiding somewhere laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Feb 15 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

When I worked at HMV, the source of all rude customer encounters was in relation to the store having a no refunds policy. You could just get money put onto a gift card instead. I got quite a few condescending customers who thought I didn't know what I was talking about (I was 17 so they probably just presumed that because I was young, I was clueless smile.gif) and asked for the manager, who would then just repeat what I said. Two particular incidents of rudeness related to this were one guy who just aggressively chucked his unwanted CDs at me and one guy saying "Is it because I'm black?" when I said I couldn't give him a refund mellow.gif I do not miss that side of retail at all :')

+Quote Post
Jack
post Feb 15 2017, 04:46 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

You will never know how disgusting the public can really be until you work in a call centre.

When I was manager at easyJet because we were unable to give someone a refund due to their own fault (they missed their flight because they looked at the wrong time!!) someone said "are you happy that you have no ambition in life and will work answering the phones" and I clapped back at saying "well actually sir I'm the manager here and next week I'm off to South Africa to train new staff for 3 months so I'd say I have plenty of ambition. Don't get rude or disrespectful, I've been nice to you until you got personal, don't make me disconnect the call". He then proceeded to call me a c**t and I hung up.

Was listened to by my senior manager and she said I was fine. No need to be horrible to other people who work in a call centre / customer facing environment at all. You can always we your point across in a calm friendly manner and I always have more respect and am willing to help people more who do so.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 15 2017, 04:54 PM
Post #7
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Once when I worked in the library I had an old woman who would not trust or listen to the computer records thing drama.gif She wanted some book so I looked for it on there, it said it wasn't here (I think it was at a different library so it'd have to be sent over) but she demanded I go and look anyway so I did, and then she wanted to wait for a different member of staff she knew personally, so she sat there just across from the desk for an hour, blaming me for the fact she wasn't there yet?!

+Quote Post
commonsense
post Feb 15 2017, 05:17 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

Remember, the customer is always right but most of the time is in the wrong but won't admit it.

This post has been edited by common sense: Feb 15 2017, 05:19 PM

+Quote Post
commonsense
post Feb 15 2017, 05:19 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Feb 15 2017, 04:04 PM) *
When I worked at HMV, the source of all rude customer encounters was in relation to the store having a no refunds policy. You could just get money put onto a gift card instead. I got quite a few condescending customers who thought I didn't know what I was talking about (I was 17 so they probably just presumed that because I was young, I was clueless smile.gif) and asked for the manager, who would then just repeat what I said. Two particular incidents of rudeness related to this were one guy who just aggressively chucked his unwanted CDs at me and one guy saying "Is it because I'm black?" when I said I couldn't give him a refund mellow.gif I do not miss that side of retail at all :')

Surely a refund has to be given if an item is faulty but not if they just change their mind?

+Quote Post
Jade
post Feb 15 2017, 05:25 PM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(common sense @ Feb 15 2017, 05:19 PM) *
Surely a refund has to be given if an item is faulty but not if they just change their mind?

Oh yeah, I believe it was 30 days if the item was faulty. I should have made that more clear - these instances were with people who just wanted to return items that had nothing wrong with them.

+Quote Post
commonsense
post Feb 15 2017, 05:33 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Feb 15 2017, 04:54 PM) *
Once when I worked in the library I had an old woman who would not trust or listen to the computer records thing drama.gif She wanted some book so I looked for it on there, it said it wasn't here (I think it was at a different library so it'd have to be sent over) but she demanded I go and look anyway so I did, and then she wanted to wait for a different member of staff she knew personally, so she sat there just across from the desk for an hour, blaming me for the fact she wasn't there yet?!

Maybe she just wanted a warm and someone to talk to ie you! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Feb 15 2017, 05:35 PM
Post #12
c:
Member No.: 20,692

I work in a restaurant and just so many impatient customers. I remember once there was a table of 12 dropped by unexpectedly but eight arrived first and I took their drink order but our trays only carry about 4/5 drinks at a time so I took those first by which time the others had joined and ask for their order to be taken too. As I whipped out my pen and paper, some women shouted at the end of the table 'where's my f***ing tea!?!?'. Every inch of me wanted to tell her to f*** off but I just answered passively agressively instead 'as you can CLEARLY see, your friend has asked me to take their order right now, it'll be with you when I get back to the drinks counter because as you can CLEARLY see, I am also the only waiter here and can't be in two places at once! smile.gif' . Some people laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jack
post Feb 15 2017, 05:49 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(common sense @ Feb 15 2017, 05:17 PM) *
Remember, the customer is always right but most of the time is in the wrong but won't admit it.

Nah, mostly in the wrong but love to shout and intimidate staff because they can get away with it. If you are in the right you don't have to be rude, simple as.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Feb 15 2017, 07:10 PM
Post #14
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I mostly get rude customers when they come up to the salad bar at like ten past eight once i've closed it down and ask if they can just take something out it, despite it shutting ten minutes ago. Like if there was still spoons in there I'd be like by all means if you're quick and its just a couple of things but there are no spoons so I can't even turn a blind eye like they expect. we're open from 7am until 8pm, you have the whole day to get your salad. I've been sworn at, called a f***ing jobsworth just because of this, its ridiculous the amount of rude idiots you get rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
JSG
post Feb 15 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #15
'Run Away With Me'

Once we had junkies come in for milkshakes and then when I told them how much it was they argued and argued with me because they were like you make up the price so you can keep extra money and I'm Like OMG it's right there in the bloody menu laugh.gif

We also get a lot of abuse over the fact that a dip pot of sauce is 20 pence.

Today this guy came in and it was just me serving with like 4 people in the queue and when it got to him i got rid of my three orders before I took his so he went to the manager and he was like 'i've been waiting f***ing ten minutes. Can I get served' after I took his order he moaned about the fact that he waited ten minutes to get served the whole time even though he actually waited for about two minutes while proclaiming that there was no one else there and that I wasn't good enough at my job.

I actually hate customers so much.

Also this one other time we had this woman come in in the morning. We gave her her food and then she came back up because a bit of lettuce, (and i mean one bit of lettuce) had fallen off her sandwich and when I offered her a replacement she's was like no, it will only happen again so I offered her a refund and she said fine and walked away. Her partner then came up and I had to tell him to bring back his receipt so I could put the refund through the till. She came back up with the receipt and slammed it on the counter walked away and then her partner came back up to collect the refund. On her way out the building she started shouting at another customer and they were arguing right up until she walked out the door and the next day we got a complaint saying that I had taken a drink from her juice before putting it on her tray even though that was bullshit. I nearly got fired for that.

Someone a few months ago had a caution cone thrown at them over the counter, the other week someone had a cup of juice thrown over them and about 5 months ago someone threw a nugget at the manager cause he asked them to leave then when they did leave the smashed one of the windows on the door.

Our old manager was black and when he tried to throw people out once they started throwing chairs at him when he was on the dining area.

One other time there was a group of kids in and they were being rowdy. They always got chucked out but I never work nights really so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and when I went to clean up after them when they left the table had been snapped from the Base and was lying on the floor with a two litre bottle of cola all over the floor!

I genuinely don't understand why customers think they have the right to act like they are better that you when your trying your hardest to provide them with the sort of service you'd expect to receive.

+Quote Post
Jack
post Feb 15 2017, 09:59 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend

Oh I'm petty as f***, if someone told me I wasn't good enough at my job, I would refuse to serve them laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 15 2017, 10:14 PM
Post #17
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(common sense @ Feb 15 2017, 05:33 PM) *
Maybe she just wanted a warm and someone to talk to ie you! tongue.gif

If she wanted someone to talk to she shouldn't have been so rude laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Lorderella
post Feb 15 2017, 10:22 PM
Post #18
broadcast the boom boom boom boom
Member No.: 4,397

I don't understand why so many businesses still worship customers to such an extent. I swear if cashiers at McD or BK were allowed to put rude f***s in their places, nothing would change. I mean if they behave like that, they are hardly a credible source if they want to take their annoyance to being refused service elsewhere.

+Quote Post
Lorderella
post Feb 15 2017, 10:25 PM
Post #19
broadcast the boom boom boom boom
Member No.: 4,397

I thank every god i don't believe in every day for not having to work in customer service. There are plenty of rude f***s everywhere else though so can't really get rid of them completely.

You guys deserve a f***ing medal.

+Quote Post
lotita
post Feb 15 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #20
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

i once had a woman threaten to steal a paper because i wouldn't give it to her for free, i just gave her a side eye and she put it down and left the shop *.*

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 02:04 AM