BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blogs, etc.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cassidy
post Feb 16 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #1
i'm massive
Group: Members
Member No.: 41

Didn't we once upon a time have a thread on here discussing our favourite blogs/places to find new music? I'm growing tired of Gorilla vs Bear and have had an ongoing love hate relationship with P4K for the best part of my life. Recommend each other and grow fruitfully from the seeds of fantastic fucking music guys.

STRICTLY INDIE, ROCK & ALTERNATIVE (OR NOT)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Feb 17 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #2
see you space cowboy
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I haven't been using blogs as much lately mainly because the ones I used to check, pigeonsandplanes and indieshuffle, just weren't giving me anything I liked anymore. It just feels so hard to find anything 'indie' that isn't downbeat faux-RnB or dull pop singers who fancy themselves to have class that there are so many words, sultry, silky, smooth, even beautiful, that just put me off listening to anything blogs like that post.

But I do have a couple of amateur blogs that I check regularly to make sure I'm not missing any of my precious gothic metal releases. Which are Hapfairy and f*** Yeah Female Fronted Metal. The title of the second one kind of tells you exactly what you're gonna get there.

+Quote Post
StillJupiter
post Feb 18 2017, 01:17 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Not to shamelessly self-promote, but one that I write for is in my sig - YGGT

Our main site is under maintenance right now, so it's just the tumblr mirror that's active, but all the content is still the same.

We are a little Scotland-focused, and not always that active because our main writers have other jobs/projects too, but we try and get a few things out a month and we do playlists every month collating our recent music discoveries smile.gif

This post has been edited by 360Jupiter: Feb 18 2017, 01:18 PM

+Quote Post
Doctor Blind
post Feb 20 2017, 10:00 PM
Post #4
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
Member No.: 7,561
   No Gallery Pics

For people who prefer their indie to be electronic and more pop orientated I would recommend: http://neongoldrecords.com

Been following them for around 12 years when they used to be good weather for air strikes! They also put out Marina & The Diamonds first material back in 2009.

This post has been edited by Doctor Blind: Feb 20 2017, 10:02 PM

+Quote Post
Cassidy
post Feb 22 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #5
i'm massive
Member No.: 41

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Feb 20 2017, 10:00 PM) *
For people who prefer their indie to be electronic and more pop orientated I would recommend: http://neongoldrecords.com

Been following them for around 12 years when they used to be good weather for air strikes! They also put out Marina & The Diamonds first material back in 2009.

Yes!

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Feb 25 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #6
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

Shameless plug time -

I am the Captain of the award-nominated nautical themed blog The Metaphorical Boat. I don't update it as often as I used to, but there's still some real doozies of tunes on there.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 03:23 PM