BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Search Party, satirical mystery available on All 4!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Feb 19 2017, 12:31 PM
Post #1
😶
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Living in New York City, Dory (Alia Shawkat) comes across a flier asking for the whereabouts of Chantal Witherbottom (Claire McNulty), who she recognises and decides to make it her life mission to find her. She drags her circle of friends into her investigation including her boyfriend, Drew (John Reynolds) and friends, Elliott (John Early) and Portia (Meredith Hagner), who have a hard time understanding her interest but gradually get deeper involved in the mystery.

The show is basically a dark satirical comedy with a mystery at its heart. It contains some really good satire of the whole 'millennials', one of my favourites from the first episode is where they tweet about how sad it is that Chantal is missing despite not knowing her/not caring.

It aired on TBS in America last year and is available to watch in full on All 4 (Channel 4's On Demand)! I'm finding it brilliant so far, they've balanced the comedy and the mystery so well. I was laughing so much when they were singing Since You Been Gone at the vigil!!

Would really recommend to watch it, especially as it is so short, only 10 episodes that are 20 minutes each! It also stars Maeby Funke from Arrested Development. wub.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2017 - 08:53 AM