BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Playlist Composition
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post Feb 19 2017, 03:08 PM
Post #1
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

How do y'all go about composing playlists. Are you very specific in that you want songs that flow well together, almost like a set list, or are you more free form in just putting your faves in together?

I'm compiling a playlist for my trip to Charleston in 8 days and going for a mix of old faves as well as a bunch of tracks I want to introduce to my friend (we like to trade music).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Harry♀
post Feb 19 2017, 04:09 PM
Post #2
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,835

If its a themed playlist I often think about what kind of songs go in the theme for it etc

+Quote Post
Riser
post Feb 20 2017, 01:54 AM
Post #3
Driving with my eyes closed
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

Yeah a good running order is a must for me! I'll genuinely check the ending/beginning of each song to make sure they sound good next to each other. And I'm very particular when making playlists for other people so that it caters to their taste with a mix of familiar songs and discoveries. But if I know a playlist is gonna be put on shuffle I won't put as much effort on the order.

+Quote Post
irn bru travy
post Feb 20 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,135
   No Gallery Pics

Depends on what I'm making it for. If it's for myself or for someone/something specific, I definitely pay loads of attention to the running order and making sure that everything flows well together. If it's just like a party playlist of a bunch of fun songs to get drunk to, then I'll just throw them on there and hit shuffle.

+Quote Post
l♀tita
post Feb 20 2017, 04:15 PM
Post #5
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

i am the worst at making playlists. i always make them to shuffle them and add in loads of random songs until i get sick of that particular set of songs and bother starting another playlist. theres always crossover too

+Quote Post
Jade 🐱
post Feb 20 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

My playlists always have to include a lot of songs and they're usually intended for shuffling, so they are a bit messy. I did take a stab at decent sequencing for an imaginary Now album of my all time favourites though. But yeah - usually no structure and pretty large.

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Feb 20 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #7
cosmic warrior
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

I pretty much make a new playlist each day, which is always on shuffle. Forever adding and removing songs.
Current playlist consists of Sampha, Future, Michael Jackson, Migos and Lana del Rey heart.gif

+Quote Post
JSG
post Feb 21 2017, 12:03 AM
Post #8
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I don't really bother with playlists actually but if I were to I think I'd choose my playlists based on the best theme for the occasion.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2017 - 01:38 AM