BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ghost in the Shell, 30/03/2017
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mart!n
post Mar 6 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #1
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 2

This really looks good and the visual images look stunning, I love a good sci-fi thriller starring Scarlett Johansson, saw the trailer today
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Severin
post Mar 6 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #2
Mansonette
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this but I agree with others that the casting of Johansson is both depressingly understandable and also just plan depressing.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Mar 15 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #3
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

Before the Free Fire Unlimited Screening tonight, we got a 10 minute 3D preview of this and I'm really quite hyped now. The visuals look AMAZING and I love Scarlett Johansson in action movies (I loved Lucy and she's one of the best things about The Avengers too for me!!), really hoping this'll be good.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Apr 1 2017, 10:09 AM
Post #4
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

Can't deny that I was a little disappointed with this, it was one of my more hyped blockbusters of early Summer but has ended up probably being my least favourite. It was still decent, I liked the interesting ideas about robotics and humanity that it brought forward, ScarJo was likable in the lead role as usual (although, the white-washing was even more unusual seeing as they gave her an actual Asian mother laugh.gif) and Pilou Asbęk was very good too in this (a new discovery for me as I've never really taken notice of him, his cool eyes things were wicked!!), and the effects were stunning, the city looked phenomenal every time it was in the shot with all the holograms and highways etc. However, it was all just a little predictable meaning it felt like a little bit of a drag to sit through, I'd have liked a bit more action because that was really cool (I liked the water action sequence especially) but we hardly got much of it. Overall, I did enjoy it but would've liked it to be a bit more exciting!

+Quote Post
popchartfreak
post Apr 5 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Imagine Blade Runner crossed with Judge Dredd....

Now imagine a beautifully imaged updated version with a great lead actor....

Now imagine being largely bored and meh about the characters.

5/10

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 11:13 AM