BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buzzjack 'Status'
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Mar 18 2017, 05:56 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,161

Do you care how popular/appreciated you are on BJ?

My feelings on this has changed so much! When I first came into the Lounge etc I really wanted to be 'popular' on the site and acted deliberately provocative and did some hella stupid things which didn't exactly work in my favour laugh.gif Last year I was pretty inactive outside the Rih forum for most of it but when I was posting here and going on Plug I felt like things were getting better on here, I was having a lot more fun and I wasn't really bothered about popularity etc as I knew my disastrous first year would always kinda come against me and always be there when people thought about my time on the site. Coming at #85 or something in the rate was still frustrating though, ngl :')

I've posted in the lounge like 5 times this year oops which frustrates me because I've not talked to the people I was forming 'friendships' on here with last year but I suppose I'm the only person to blame really for that lmao. Hope to post more~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Mar 18 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #2
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

Oh god, I always dread the 'who' comments in the rate. I have 100% declined in status and popularity

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Mar 18 2017, 06:11 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Cameron @ Mar 18 2017, 06:05 PM) *
Oh god, I always dread the 'who' comments in the rate. I have 100% declined in status and popularity

Didn't you get your highest position in the rate last year? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 18 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #4
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Eh, no. It's nice to be appreciated but I'm past the point where I consider it a requirement, if say I dropped tons in popularity levels it wouldn't concern me, but if I did something to genuinely upset someone here then it would.

I'm just going to continue to be friends with all the people I've made friends with on here and talk to anyone on here, new or old, as if they were. Let your actions in the present define you and don't worry too much about popularity, besides, we have pretty short memories. I don't hold things against people for what they've done in the past if they're making good now.

(this seems like such a butter wouldn't melt post but it's like exactly how I feel)

+Quote Post
ML Hammer95
post Mar 18 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 21,265

Not especially, as I think I'm quite different to the people who post in the Lounge. So, I don't get too hung up on people liking me as I can't control other peoples thoughts.

Think I get on okay with quite a few people though.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Mar 18 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #6
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

As time goes by, no. The only people whose opinion I care about are those fe wpeople who frequent the areas I like on this site (Kylie, Madonna, P!nk AFs and movie forum) and a few others who sadly don't post a smuch as they once did.
I've learned I don't fit in with the vast majority of people on here and kind of glad because the more I see the less I like.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Mar 18 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #7
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Mar 18 2017, 06:11 PM) *
Didn't you get your highest position in the rate last year? laugh.gif

9th for a second year laugh.gif

(this year though I am gonna end up 32nd lmaooooo)

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Mar 18 2017, 06:18 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Cameron @ Mar 18 2017, 06:17 PM) *

I'd rather be 32nd than 84th tbh. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Mar 18 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #9
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Nah site status doesn't bother me tbh, as long as I'm not unjustifiably hated by the masses then I'm good! When it comes to the rate, scores don't bother me either as long as there's reasoning behind it, good or bad, that's what I'm here for, to read what people actually think of me rather than to see how many points I can gain laugh.gif

+1 to the "who???" comments though, that's the only thing thats ever irked me because people mark you down because they don't know you, but when you're a new member, the community can be quite intimidating because of its scale so you're really relying on "older" members to reach out and get to know you better rather than the other way around, so it's really their fault they haven't made the effort to find out who you are angel.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Mar 18 2017, 06:20 PM
Post #10
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I'm not too fussed really, as long as people aren't actively calling for me to leave never to return.

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Mar 18 2017, 07:13 PM) *
Eh, no. It's nice to be appreciated but I'm past the point where I consider it a requirement, if say I dropped tons in popularity levels it wouldn't concern me, but if I did something to genuinely upset someone here then it would.

I'm just going to continue to be friends with all the people I've made friends with on here and talk to anyone on here, new or old, as if they were. Let your actions in the present define you and don't worry too much about popularity, besides, we have pretty short memories. I don't hold things against people for what they've done in the past if they're making good now.

(this seems like such a butter wouldn't melt post but it's like exactly how I feel)

Once again, I need to know what anime is in your avatar.

+Quote Post
mAddy Xmas
post Mar 18 2017, 06:20 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 2,666

I've always been and will always be Addy who? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Mar 18 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #12
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Well it's lovely to be appreciated, obviously, I love reading nice comments about me in rates and all as I'm not big on self confidence so that naturally makes me feel better about myself and make me want to stick around here. The same applies to real life (though perhaps more difficult as rates aren't an option there tongue.gif).

Popularity though? Nah, maybe it was true in the first few years here (and it was certainly true irl on Facebook judging by my early statuses *shudders*), but I'm here primarily for the new music and the discussions with like minded people, and I've met some great people on here that I can talk to very freely and just those are more than enough to keep me on here rather than getting high positions in rates.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Mar 18 2017, 06:27 PM
Post #13
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Mar 18 2017, 06:20 PM) *
Once again, I need to know what anime is in your avatar.

laugh.gif

Gabriel Dropout, a comedy involving angels and demons (in traditional anime cute girl style) and a ton of usages of heaven/hell idioms.

+Quote Post
Sqntq Clqus
post Mar 18 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

No as long as I'm not hated too much.

+Quote Post
Jacobauble
post Mar 18 2017, 06:31 PM
Post #15
Merry Christmas <3
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

I don't really have to try with popularity, I just know people are going to like me anyway. smile.gif

Nah I'm just here to make online friendships and share music so I'm pretty happy with the way things are going here. I have a feeling BJSC will keep me around forever now haha. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Christmas Cherry...
post Mar 18 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #16
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

i'm the regina george of this bitch

at the end of the day i'm here mainly for the community and my friends here. i think i know where i stand with most people which is good, i don't rlly care or desire POPULARITY so to speak, although it's quite a loaded term

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Mar 18 2017, 06:36 PM
Post #17
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I've skipped the rate for a few years now because 'popularity contests' are completely not what I'm on the site for. Here for the entertainment forums, Eurovision, some of the fun (games)/interesting threads in the lounge and then I have those I speak to off-site that I've formed real life friendships with.

+Quote Post
CodySleighBell-y
post Mar 18 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #18
Que eu vou jogar bem na sua cara
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Mar 18 2017, 11:17 AM) *

you'll be ninth again don't worry
QUOTE(bad gal lotita @ Mar 18 2017, 11:34 AM) *
i'm the regina george of this bitch

at the end of the day i'm here mainly for the community and my friends here. i think i know where i stand with most people which is good, i don't rlly care or desire POPULARITY so to speak, although it's quite a loaded term
there is a mean girls character that represents you, and it's definitely not regina george

+Quote Post
MerryFlynnmas
post Mar 18 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #19
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I don't really mind if I am popular or not to be honest. I never set out to be. The Rate I just use as a sort of unloading tool and just fun at the end of the day laugh.gif

+Quote Post
mdh
post Mar 18 2017, 06:43 PM
Post #20
it doesn't matter, we're all together
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I really don't care, even though I got called a tryhard last year I couldn't care less about who likes me or not. I know who my friends on here are and that's all that matters really - ngl most of the people that dislike me on here have reasons to so it's all cool biggrin.gif

Ideally I'd like to be top 50 in the rate this year but either way idm happy.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 11:47 PM