BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SLEEP
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Mar 19 2017, 01:00 PM
Post #1
One Mississippi you're here, luvin me with all your heart
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 21,161

I think I'm beginning the feel the effects of long lasting little sleep drama.gif Before I would just be tired af in the first few hours after I got up but now it seems to last all through the day :/ I know the obvious solution to that is to sleep more but for some reason I've always found it hard to get to sleep. I've been lasting on 4-5 (sometimes less) hours a night for ages oops.

Do you get enough sleep?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UltraGreenLight
post Mar 19 2017, 01:02 PM
Post #2
To Be Young & In Love 💜
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947
   No Gallery Pics

I'm awful with sleep, hate it and I struggle to sleep as I always feel like I have so much to do!

On a school night i get about 6 hours max and at the moment I'm awful, I got 3 hours sleep today but I am still somehow functioning properly, I'm glad I don't really feel the side effects of little sleeping too much!!

+Quote Post
lotita
post Mar 19 2017, 01:10 PM
Post #3
feminist icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,777

i find it really difficult to sleep, in the past during stressful periods i've tried taking sleeping medication but i hate becoming dependent on them, it makes me more tired during the day as well and i struggle to get up more. at uni it's not too much of a problem because i have time to take naps, but when i work and i'm having to get up at 5-6am it can be a bit more stressful, especially because i work quite long shifts :')

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 19 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #4
All songs should chart like the NHS Choir (feat. Quavo)
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I've gone from finding it really hard to sleep to sleeping really easily and being tired throughout the whole day, despite not changing my sleeping hours laugh.gif I get around 7-8 hours of sleep a day, theoretically a little longer on weekends but I never sleep longer, just lie in bed.

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Mar 19 2017, 04:47 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 19,585

My sleeping pattern is atrocious and is probably not helped by my shift patterns.

If I have to be up for work in the morning (usually 5:30), I'm constantly telling myself I need to be asleep by a certain time and my mind just goes in to overload. I usually then manage about 5-6 hours. If I don't have to be up in the morning I'm usually like f*** it and got to bed at 1 or 2am and then get up late morning but feel nasty and tired all day.

Really, I know I should go to bed and get up at the same time every day to have a regulated sleeping pattern, but who wants that? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 19 2017, 04:56 PM
Post #6
Balegdah
Member No.: 10,139

My sleep pattern is horrific, I often stay up until like 4 or 5 even if I have uni and then just either sleeping over a lecture or struggling to function on like 4 hours sleep. If I don't have uni like a weekend or day off, I'll sleep from like 6am until something ridic like 3pm which is awful really laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Mar 19 2017, 05:22 PM
Post #7
Black hole sun won't you come and wash away the rain
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

8 hours sleep for me.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Mar 19 2017, 05:25 PM
Post #8
One Mississippi you're here, luvin me with all your heart
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(DalekTurret32 @ Mar 19 2017, 05:22 PM) *
8 hours sleep for me.

I can't remember the last time I got anywhere near 8 hours sleep :')

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Mar 19 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #9
brerqr & mqh are floppqs!!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Normally about 12-8 for me. Although I often stay up till 1 or 2 and sleep in till 10.

So yeah, normally at least 8 hours sleep for me but as I go to bed so late I often wake up to mouth ulcers.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Mar 19 2017, 05:58 PM
Post #10
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

being a full time student and working over 30 hours a week means I get little time to have the proper 8 hours sleep. But I survive.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Mar 19 2017, 07:08 PM
Post #11
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

My Uni sleeping pattern is actually decent at the moment! I get about 7 hours sleep which isn't bad at all. Ideally I would aim for 8 but I just cannot get to sleep before midnight. It is the holidays where my sleeping pattern goes out of the window laugh.gif where I'll think nothing of going to bed at 5am.

I am fortunate that I am usually able to fall asleep almost straight away when I decide to go to bed. But I do have spells where my brain just cannot shut off due to stress, see just a few nights ago where I was worrying about all my impending Uni work and then felt like a bit of a zombie for a 9-5 Uni day. Not great timing laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jacob.
post Mar 19 2017, 10:17 PM
Post #12
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

I just can't sleep normally. I have to get up early for about half the week now and all that happens is on those days I'm really tired and on the other days I sleep in far too long. To be fair that tends to be more like 11am now rather than 1pm and I usually get to sleep closer to 2am than 3am so maybe it's slowly fixing itself? Please say it's slowly fixing itself. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Mar 20 2017, 03:34 AM
Post #13
Driving with my eyes closed
Member No.: 19,534

Been living on 5-6 hours of sleep a night for most of the past 10 years, and I'm finally to the point where I *sometimes* fall asleep around midnight rather than my usual 1:30 bedtime. I do try to get "enough" sleep to avoid feeling tired through the day, so not quite enough in terms of a healthy amount. Normally I manage to get one full night of sleep per week and I look forward to that night (usually Friday night) more and more each time zzz.gif

+Quote Post
Harve
post Mar 20 2017, 04:19 AM
Post #14
cultural marxist
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

My sleep pattern had been okay for the last year or so until the beginning of this month. What is happening srsly.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Mar 20 2017, 03:04 PM
Post #15
On This Day in P!nk History...
Member No.: 590

I haven't had a normal sleep pattern for over three years because of working night shifts. I usually try to sleep from 7am til 2pm during the day but it doesn't usually work out that way, either because i can't get to sleep, outside noise waking me up or I sleep longer one day and the next day i struggle to sleep again.

I work sunday night to wednesday night, so on thursday I try to sleep until midday, then I can hopefully sleep through thursday night, but I usually end up waking up between 2am and 6am on friday morning, which then means I will need to sleep early on friday night.

+Quote Post
Quavo (ft Quavo)
post Mar 20 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #16
[vs. Quavo, Quavo & Quavo] (Quavo Remix) -
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I HATE sleeping. There's just so much to do in life and sleep gets in the way of that - so my idea of a good nights sleep is as little as possible meaning I can maximise time to do stuff in the morning laugh.gif In the summer (basically as soon as the clocks go forward next week) I'll be getting up and going on a bike ride every morning to get myself fit - I wake up as soon as the sun rises anyway so that's no problem for me.

My sleep schedule used to be strangely consistent for my age - I used to sleep from around 11pm to 7.30am without fail but over the last few months that's gone out of the window laugh.gif I don't usually get to sleep before midnight, and I tend to wake up whenever the sun rises! I think I have really thin eyelids or something because I can just ~see~ the light whenever it's there unsure.gif. My average time asleep is probably around 6 hours on a good night, 4 hours on a bad night.

I can function on whatever though, my body doesn't really need as much sleep as doctors recommend but I always feel alert and ready to get up as soon as I wake up unsure.gif

At weekends I don't really bother about having a set sleep schedule, it's mostly all over the place. On Saturday I didn't sleep until 4am despite being totally exhausted, and ended up waking up at 10am and having to rearrange plans. drama.gif

+Quote Post
Jacob.
post Mar 21 2017, 12:02 AM
Post #17
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

^Ikr, if I didn't have to sleep I could do so much more with my life, sadly I just can't do less than 7 hours and be 'ok' for any extended period of time, though the worst is always the first hour of being awake, usually I'm fine then until late afternoon/ early evening when I start almost falling asleep again but for some reason when it gets to late evening I'm no longer tired. Fantastic. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 21 2017, 12:12 AM
Post #18
Balegdah

Omg I feel similar to that, I always think "oh if I don't sleep until 4 I can watch this, do this and get this finished". I almost never actually do that but I do have a sort of weird feeling like sleeping too muh is wasting time sometimes. But equally I have 0 qualms sleeping for 12 hours so why am I saying this? kink.gif

+Quote Post
RosaParksMyCar
post Mar 21 2017, 12:40 AM
Post #19
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

me and liam just stay up talking about the chase

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 21 2017, 12:41 AM
Post #20
Balegdah

Yesterday I was watching 2007 Neighbours episodes at 3am, lit.

QUOTE(RosaParksMyCar @ Mar 21 2017, 12:40 AM) *
me and liam just stay up talking about the chase

Omg legit if there's one person I can count on also being up when I am, it's you laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 02:59 AM