BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MUSIC
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
My Reputation
post Mar 21 2017, 12:20 PM
Post #1
Iím sorry, the old Andrew canít come to the phone right now. 
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,161

Buzzjack is predominately a music forum, but has anyone here seriously branched out into singing/writing/recording music themselves?

This is actually something I'd love to do but I can't sing and I don't have the faintest idea about producing so I doubt it'll ever happen laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lot🎈IT🎈a
post Mar 21 2017, 12:26 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

i used to sing/perform at my school either in a duet and a couple of times as a group! i really enjoyed it, i haven't sung properly for AGES so my voice isn't really trained properly, but i'm a very strong believer that everyone has the capability to sing with the right training (of course yes some have more natural ability than others, i'm not saying everyone can be beyonce)

+Quote Post
My Reputation
post Mar 21 2017, 12:28 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(bad gal lotita @ Mar 21 2017, 12:26 PM) *
i used to sing/perform at my school either in a duet and a couple of times as a group! i really enjoyed it, i haven't sung properly for AGES so my voice isn't really trained properly, but i'm a very strong believer that everyone has the capability to sing with the right training (of course yes some have more natural ability than others, i'm not saying everyone can be beyonce)

I've always considered going to training but I've never got round to it. I agree with you on that, although who WOULDNT want to be Beyonce lmao.

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Mar 21 2017, 12:28 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

TheSnake has a few #1's.

+Quote Post
Poked Pumpkin🎃
post Mar 21 2017, 12:32 PM
Post #5
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

TheSnake!!

Not everyone can sing. Look at that woman Simon Cowell paid to refund her singing lessons. Look at Screech Featuring Screech Nuss!

+Quote Post
ᴄᴀɴɴɪʙᴀʟɪɴᴅs.
post Mar 21 2017, 12:37 PM
Post #6
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I played Oboe and Tuned Percussion in school, I've not really played much of either since leaving though. I want to get back into it at some point, I think laugh.gif

We also did a bit of composition in higher music which I really loved, I'd love to do more with that as it was my fave part of higher, we used a program called sibilius so maybe I'll get it one day and play about. I also wish I was good with lyrics tho

+Quote Post
lot🎈IT🎈a
post Mar 21 2017, 12:43 PM
Post #7
feminist icon

oh yeah i played with an orchestra too! i got to grade 4 in violin and viola but didn't get on with my teacher so had to stop having lessons. orchestra was so fun, when i switched to viola there was only one other viola player so I FELT SPECIAL. it also meant i didn't have to sit right at the front muahaha. i'd love to properly learn piano one day, my stepmum is really good (and at singing as well!). she learnt how to play video games for me which was cute :')

yeah similarly to lindsey i've also composed (completely forgotten the software name) but the less said about that the better, i struggled so most of my compositions were piano + violin as that's what i was most used to

+Quote Post
My Reputation
post Mar 21 2017, 12:49 PM
Post #8

I was Grade 2 on the Clarinet and managed to get in the school band *.*

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Mar 21 2017, 12:49 PM
Post #9
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Oh god lmao

I used to play a variety of instruments (not well but I am still saying I can play them). I god to like grade 4 on trumpet and grade 2 on flute (lmao FLOP) and I done grade 8 Keyboard for higher music which I got an A in (those who say my music taste is awful can read it and weep, ik what I am talking about x)

We done composition in music too which was alright, but obviously not proper 'chart' music. I use to write songs when I was younger but they are AWFUL. Maybe I will record one for BJSC 100 laugh.gif. I did do singing in school as my first instrument which obviously I don't do now as my voice is butchered laugh.gif but I was told that when I leave high school I should do Classical singing or musical theatre laugh.gif

XF HERE I COME.

+Quote Post
ᴄᴀɴɴɪʙᴀʟɪɴᴅs.
post Mar 21 2017, 12:55 PM
Post #10
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Grade 2 my arse, you literally quit after maybe two lessons mellow.gif #exposed

+Quote Post
Poked Pumpkin🎃
post Mar 21 2017, 12:59 PM
Post #11
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Lmao!!!

#behindthemusic

#theREALstoryofCameron

+Quote Post
DANKENSTEIN
post Mar 21 2017, 01:05 PM
Post #12
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

expect Future Bass Fishermen to be a chart force by the end of the year tbh

me, TheSnake and Lotita will rip Ed Sheeran's ginger weave right off ha chart killing head

but seriously I'm somewhat of a musician, I'm studying music technology at university where I should hopefully pass with a 2:1 and I also passed my ABRSM grade 7 piano with distinction (holding off from doing grade 8 for the time being but that's something I'd like to do eventually), some of my pieces are on YouTube if anyone can find them kink.gif

I should really get into composing/producing more, maybe once I'm off uni. y'all can be the first to judge my first mixtape 🔥🔥🔥

+Quote Post
lot🎈IT🎈a
post Mar 21 2017, 01:06 PM
Post #13
feminist icon

future bass fishermen feat. lotita will defo be the first act to hold ALL the songs in the top 40 at once tbh ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post Mar 21 2017, 01:10 PM
Post #14
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I'm not very musical these days but I was quite a bit when younger! I was in the school choir for years and us winning a competition was definitely a highlight of school. I also used to volunteer to sing solos quite a bit in the school productions - I had to sing 'I'm Feeling Fine' for Bugsy Malone and 'Never Had a Dream Come True' by S Club 7 for our leavers assembly laugh.gif My singing is now limited to when no-one else is around kink.gif

I also played the clarinet, tenor horn and recorder. I was only like one of two people in school who played the clarinet as most people flocked to the flute instead. The recorder seems like an easy instrument, but I struggled a bit at first because my fingers were really small so I found it hard to stretch them over all the holes properly blush.gif I also attempted to teach myself how to play the keyboard and guitar for a couple of weeks but then got lazy.

+Quote Post
My Reputation
post Mar 21 2017, 01:13 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Jade @ Mar 21 2017, 01:10 PM) *
I'm not very musical these days but I was quite a bit when younger! I was in the school choir for years and us winning a competition was definitely a highlight of school. I also used to volunteer to sing solos quite a bit in the school productions - I had to sing 'I'm Feeling Fine' for Bugsy Malone and 'Never Had a Dream Come True' by S Club 7 for our leavers assembly laugh.gif My singing is now limited to when no-one else is around kink.gif

I also played the clarinet, tenor horn and recorder. I was only like one of two people in school who played the clarinet as most people flocked to the flute instead. The recorder seems like an easy instrument, but I struggled a bit at first because my fingers were really small and I found it hard to stretch them over all the holes blush.gif I also self taught myself the keyboard and guitar for a couple of weeks but then got lazy.

I was in my school choir too and I remember crying when I didn't get the solo laugh.gif Back then I thought I was the next Mariah Carey lmao.

+Quote Post
SevenSeize
post Mar 21 2017, 01:15 PM
Post #16
log me in and out of my life
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

Mostly just at school, practising keyboard, guitar etc. (I distinctly recall being useless at the guitar). Never as a serious career choice but with me being much more into music nowadays I won't rule anything out~

I was probably a top class recorder player in primary 3 though

+Quote Post
HowtoCookMattias
post Mar 21 2017, 01:37 PM
Post #17
boo~
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

ehh I've tried... I used to have these idealistic thoughts of becoming a musician, basically because I wrote lyrics a lot from when I was a kid (back then I used to create imaginary artists and used to write their lyrics for them and do up their album covers and everything haha) up to maybe two years ago when it kinda faded away. In an attempt to develop my creativity, I downloaded the software called Reason in... I think 2013, and played around a lot with that but I mean... it just didn't work for me, my tracks were so awful and I found that I didn't really have the patience or the know-how and maybe realised I'm more of a listener than a producer.

Away from lyrics and software, I have a tiny bit of experience with guitar and keyboard, as well as singing. Oh yea and the recorder lmao

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 21 2017, 01:45 PM
Post #18
Just another burden on the welfare state
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I am Grade 4 trumpet but that's as far as it goes. I always have ideas for songs buzzing round in my head but knowing that I can't sing/rap automatically puts an end to those.

+Quote Post
HissingSparkler
post Mar 21 2017, 01:52 PM
Post #19
Hiss Hiss Bish.
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

expect Future Bass Fishermen to be a chart force by the end of the year tbh

We need a few more songs though soon...I have a demo which I will send to you later danG though after I work on it a bit more....I also have some excellent Lindsey and Burbe vocals which they sent to me a while ago (thanks for that team Lurbe production biggrin.gif ) No recent Lotti input to add to it though sadly sad.gif

This post has been edited by Вuzzjack: Mar 21 2017, 02:00 PM

+Quote Post
FreddyVsJupiter
post Mar 22 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I've done a bit of songwriting and I'm learning (gradually) how to produce and DJ. I'd like to eventually be able to DJ at clubs and night events, or even to be able to release remixes... but, I doubt I'll have the time to get that far into it with my life as busy as is right now!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 02:04 AM