BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Julien Baker - Sprained Ankle
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Emily Haines
post Mar 22 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #1
Gunshot Glitter™
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

100% my favourite artist at this moment in time. Her lyrics are just so... melancholic. heart.gif I've loved her for nearly a year and Sprained Ankle was finally given an International release on 17th March, along with a new 7" containing Funeral Pyre & Distant Solar Systems.

Only Baker can make a song with such a darkly macabre title so heartbreakingly gorgeous, with her signature hushed-yet- lofty vocals soaring over a quietly fingerpicked melody that crescendos into layered, almost-orchestral beauty.

Track Listing for Sprained Ankle

1.Blacktop
2.Sprained Ankle
3.Brittle Boned
4.Everybody Does
5.Good News
6.Something
7.Rejoice
8.Vessels
9.Go Home

I wanna shout from the rooftops how much I love her and I've not felt this way about anyone in a long time wub.gif Please check her out if you are so inclined. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Emily Haines: Mar 22 2017, 09:08 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dhwe
post Mar 23 2017, 05:32 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 21,384

"sprained ankle" is goddamn beautiful, ive been meaning to check the album out for a while but haven't done so so i will get on that!

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Mar 23 2017, 09:22 AM
Post #3
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dhwe @ Mar 23 2017, 05:32 AM) *
"sprained ankle" is goddamn beautiful, ive been meaning to check the album out for a while but haven't done so so i will get on that!

You will not be disappointed. I think Go Home is my absolute favourite but there's nothing I dislike! Also she's just released a piano version of Good News and I cannot stop listening. wub.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th August 2017 - 07:58 PM