BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Self Pride
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
My Reputation
post Mar 23 2017, 10:17 PM
Post #1
Iím sorry, the old Andrew canít come to the phone right now. 
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,161

I don't know if it has came across on here or whatever but most of my life I haven't had a very high opinion of myself particularly in my early/mid teens, due to always feeling kinda different from others and wanting to be 'normal' and the like when I wasn't really ;o I guess it's improved a bit as I've got older though, but I'm still quite self conscious etc. Friends reassuring me I'm flawless helps a lot but I've still never fully... felt brilliant in myself? Idk

How big or small is your ego? DISCUSS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lot🎈IT🎈a
post Mar 23 2017, 10:21 PM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

what a f***ing TUNE

went thru teenage phase being completely and utterly self conscious. i've defo come MILES since then, have a lot more confidence in myself (ofc it isn't perfect and i get down days but on reflection it's nothing like i used 2 be). just kinda kept throwing myself out there until i started believing it

+Quote Post
TheStareCrow-dy
post Mar 23 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #3
technique on fleek cause I'm ballet trained
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I've swung from being overconfident to not having any at all, I guess it really depends on the day.

+Quote Post
My Reputation
post Mar 23 2017, 10:50 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Cody Viall @ Mar 23 2017, 10:44 PM) *
I've swung from being overconfident to not having any at all, I guess it really depends on the day.

Yeah it's a day by day thing. Like one day you're reasonably confident and the next you feel like shit about yourself laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Lorderella
post Mar 23 2017, 10:53 PM
Post #5
ya ya ya i am lorde
Member No.: 4,397

yeah can't take the topic seriously with so much boobage in my face

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post Mar 23 2017, 11:26 PM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

My self pride/belief has generally been non-existent for most of my life. I do really hold myself back in certain situations where I think "nah, I won't be able to do this." sad.gif Plus I hated the way I looked and my personality for absolutely years. But I think I've made small improvements in recent times! For instance I am starting to believe in my abilities at Uni more after getting good grades and I am embracing my body and looks more. I am definitely in a happier place at the moment and hope to one day be fully confident. I have suuuuuuch a long way to go but I'll take these baby steps for now.

+Quote Post
HowtoCookMattias
post Mar 24 2017, 12:08 AM
Post #7
boo~
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I'm naturally quite modest, but that does not mean I never have any confidence in myself. I just don't externalize it that much. I'm still having trouble coming out of my shell more though, I think I'm wary of losing myself.

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Mar 24 2017, 12:15 AM
Post #8
Gunshot Glitterô
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

Generally very low on self-esteem and self-confidence and always have been. I also suffer from anxiety which doesn't help matters.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 24 2017, 12:42 AM
Post #9
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I don't know ha x

I've got a bit better since being at uni, but I'd say Jade's post rings quite true for me too. There's still a long way to go, I don't always feel like I matter in groups or like people will like me, no matter how much more sociable I get there's always that worry and those niggles. The way I look is still a huge problem too, I have never been comfortable with my appearance or weight and that's not really getting nay better laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Mar 24 2017, 03:31 AM
Post #10
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

Yeah, for years my "default" has been that I either annoy people or am boring to the point of them not wanting me around. Looking back around the time I was in uni, I did so many little things to close myself off without ever realizing it. Also been very self-conscious with how I look, plus one of my worst habits is not accepting compliments or downplaying them, as some people know. Nowadays I'm more self-aware and try to appreciate things like praise and the company of others (Buzzjack has probably helped a LOT) so overall it's a work in progress and something I should've started years ago.

+Quote Post
My Reputation
post Mar 24 2017, 12:54 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Liаm @ Mar 24 2017, 12:42 AM) *
I don't know ha x

I've got a bit better since being at uni, but I'd say Jade's post rings quite true for me too. There's still a long way to go, I don't always feel like I matter in groups or like people will like me, no matter how much more sociable I get there's always that worry and those niggles. The way I look is still a huge problem too, I have never been comfortable with my appearance or weight and that's not really getting nay better laugh.gif

I'm the same in that my appearance and weight have always been the worst of it. Until I was in my mid teens I felt too chunky, then I felt kinda lanky later on and now I'm back to feeling fat again 😫 I have gained nearly three stone in the last two years though oops.

+Quote Post
DANKENSTEIN
post Mar 24 2017, 01:15 PM
Post #12
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Self pride is definitely something I don't have a lot of. I always feel less enthusiastic about my own achievements than the rest of my family and often feel like a disappointment. Don't have any self confidence either which makes me feel unmotivated. I often have to actually tell my parents that I'm pleased with myself just because I don't light up with excitement whenever I pass a test or whatever.

+Quote Post
Spun's Labyrinth
post Mar 27 2017, 04:58 PM
Post #13
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

Very small haha but I like to think it's logical. If people were able to read my mind they would agree

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 02:05 AM