BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holidays
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
♀ Emily Haines ♀
post Mar 31 2017, 02:57 PM
Post #1
Gunshot Glitter™
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

Anybody got one on the horizon?

I'm off to London in May for a few days (Cursed Child yaaaas), and then end of July I'm going to the West Coast of Scotland for 10 days, staying near Skye.

Has anyone ever been to Malta? I'm thinking of booking it for next year. happy.gif

In an ideal world, I'd be able to afford to go to Disney World... sleep.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Silas
post Mar 31 2017, 03:26 PM
Post #2
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I am going to Reykjavik for my birthday in June! It's just after the summer solstice so the days will be amazingly long. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm praying for a quick trip to Stockholm in may but not counting on it just yet. Thinking of a Berlin Christmas markets trip also

I've never been to Malta but I'd quite like to. Thinking about where I'd like to holiday in 2018 and thinking about where in Europe I can go that I've never been

+Quote Post
♀ Emily Haines ♀
post Mar 31 2017, 03:28 PM
Post #3
Gunshot Glitter™
   No Gallery Pics

Oh that will be fab!

I love Stockholm, such a beautiful city. We have friends in Sweden so if Malta doesn't get ahead, we might go and visit them instead.

Been to all the Greek Islands?

+Quote Post
Silas
post Mar 31 2017, 03:30 PM
Post #4
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

I agree! I went to Eurovision there last year. Lovely place. Very jealous you get free accommodation there! It's not a cheap city laugh.gif

I've never been to Greece at all! ohmy.gif I take it you have? Where would you recommend?

+Quote Post
♀ Emily Haines ♀
post Mar 31 2017, 03:38 PM
Post #5
Gunshot Glitter™
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Emperor Silas @ Mar 31 2017, 04:30 PM) *
I agree! I went to Eurovision there last year. Lovely place. Very jealous you get free accommodation there! It's not a cheap city laugh.gif

I've never been to Greece at all! ohmy.gif I take it you have? Where would you recommend?

Haha no it's not cheap at all! I'd love to pop across to Copenhagen too.

I haven't either but I would love to visit Kefalonia wub.gif Pretty sure all the Greek Islands are nice, I know quite a few people who have been to Corfu.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Mar 31 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #6
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

I'm going to Newcastle for 5 days for my friends 21st in May (exotic I know) and I am going to Orlando for my 21st in August *.*

+Quote Post
♀ Emily Haines ♀
post Mar 31 2017, 03:41 PM
Post #7
Gunshot Glitter™
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Mar 31 2017, 04:40 PM) *
I'm going to Newcastle for 5 days for my friends 21st in May (exotic I know) and I am going to Orlando for my 21st in August *.*

laugh.gif As someone who lives there... very exotic.

Sooooo jel!!!! Are you going to all the parks?

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Mar 31 2017, 04:16 PM
Post #8
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

QUOTE(♀ Emily Haines ♀ @ Mar 31 2017, 04:41 PM) *
laugh.gif As someone who lives there... very exotic.

Sooooo jel!!!! Are you going to all the parks?

laugh.gif !

I know we are going to Universal, but I think we are going to Disney on my actual birthday which I am so excited about!

+Quote Post
♀ Emily Haines ♀
post Mar 31 2017, 04:21 PM
Post #9
Gunshot Glitter™
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cameron @ Mar 31 2017, 05:16 PM) *
laugh.gif !

I know we are going to Universal, but I think we are going to Disney on my actual birthday which I am so excited about!

I'm excited for you! How long are you going for? 2 weeks? I'd definitely give up one of my kidneys to visit the Harry Potter section of Universal.

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Mar 31 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #10
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

I'm lucky to be doing a lot of holidaying this year to places I haven't been before. Went to Stockholm earlier this month and definitely want to go back, want to pay a proper visit to the palace which I didn't get to do this time.

Going to Jersey with my parents over the Easter weekend and going to the Costa Daurada area of Spain with my entire immediate family during May half term. Done Spain many times previously but it's either been the islands or the Costa del Sol.

Hoping to maybe plan something with my friend in July or August time, we want to do Oslo and visit the different "Skam" filming locations.

Done one Greek island a few years ago, Zante. The most rain I've ever experienced on a holiday I think sleep.gif

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 31 2017, 04:51 PM
Post #11
The bank robbed the people so the people rob the bank
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Spending the next week in the Lakes, then in the summer I'm off to Poland! (oh and Ireland for my Explorer Belt)

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Mar 31 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #12
cosmic warrior
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Emperor Silas @ Mar 31 2017, 04:26 PM) *
I am going to Reykjavik for my birthday in June! It's just after the summer solstice so the days will be amazingly long. I'm really looking forward to it.

So jealous of this! Iceland is at the top of my list of places to go to (along with Japan). Looks beautiful.

I'm off to Bologna this weekend (for a book fair with work), going to travel on to Florence and Rome afterwards too which should be fun.
It'll be my first time travelling alone and first time in Italy, looking forward to it.

Also have Disneyland Paris booked for June heart.gif Going for a friend's birthday. I haven't been to a Disney resort for about 15 years (when I went to the one in California), so I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like, haha.

+Quote Post
sm1ffj
post Mar 31 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 12,629
   No Gallery Pics

I'm off to Canada end of May, first 3 nights in Toronto, including a visit up the CN tower, including the meal up there, the whole restaurant rotates 360 degrees in 72 minutes so you can view all sights whilst having your meal.

Then off to Niagra falls for 5 nights, and do as many of the activities there.

Traveled everywhere else that interested me in Europe, so ran out of places to go.

Done over the years Gran Canaria, fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Maderia Island, Gibraltar, Algarve(3x), Australia, New Zealand(twice), Thailand, Germany, Paris, Barcelona, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle Of Mann.

Had to look for something different...

+Quote Post
♀ Emily Haines ♀
post Apr 1 2017, 08:57 AM
Post #14
Gunshot Glitter™
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Mar 31 2017, 05:38 PM) *
I'm lucky to be doing a lot of holidaying this year to places I haven't been before. Went to Stockholm earlier this month and definitely want to go back, want to pay a proper visit to the palace which I didn't get to do this time.

Going to Jersey with my parents over the Easter weekend and going to the Costa Daurada area of Spain with my entire immediate family during May half term. Done Spain many times previously but it's either been the islands or the Costa del Sol.

Hoping to maybe plan something with my friend in July or August time, we want to do Oslo and visit the different "Skam" filming locations.

Done one Greek island a few years ago, Zante. The most rain I've ever experienced on a holiday I think sleep.gif

Yeah I definitely feel I only scratched the surface of Stockholm.

That all sounds lovely! Provided you get on with your immediate family haha.

QUOTE(PéteFromSB @ Mar 31 2017, 05:51 PM) *
Spending the next week in the Lakes, then in the summer I'm off to Poland! (oh and Ireland for my Explorer Belt)

The Lakes are beautiful - we often go camping there.

Sounds like you've got some great things planned!

QUOTE(Cremey @ Mar 31 2017, 06:50 PM) *
I'm off to Bologna this weekend (for a book fair with work), going to travel on to Florence and Rome afterwards too which should be fun.
It'll be my first time travelling alone and first time in Italy, looking forward to it.

Also have Disneyland Paris booked for June heart.gif Going for a friend's birthday. I haven't been to a Disney resort for about 15 years (when I went to the one in California), so I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like, haha.

Ohhh wow! Italy is on my list of places to go, hope you have a fab time.

Haha it's been about 10 years since I went to the one in Paris. Enjoy meeting all the characters haha.

QUOTE(sm1ffj @ Mar 31 2017, 06:53 PM) *
I'm off to Canada end of May, first 3 nights in Toronto, including a visit up the CN tower, including the meal up there, the whole restaurant rotates 360 degrees in 72 minutes so you can view all sights whilst having your meal.

Then off to Niagra falls for 5 nights, and do as many of the activities there.

Traveled everywhere else that interested me in Europe, so ran out of places to go.

Done over the years Gran Canaria, fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Maderia Island, Gibraltar, Algarve(3x), Australia, New Zealand(twice), Thailand, Germany, Paris, Barcelona, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle Of Mann.

Had to look for something different...

Sounds like an excellent trip! Hope you really enjoy it.

Wow you have been to quite a few places. I would love to get to NZ at some point. It looks gorgeous.

+Quote Post
common sense
post Apr 1 2017, 11:00 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

No holiday for me as usual. I hate going away. Much prefer staying at home. OH is going to Phillipines for a month over Christmas.

+Quote Post
UltraGreenLight
post Apr 1 2017, 11:05 AM
Post #16
To Be Young & In Love 💜
Member No.: 20,947
   No Gallery Pics

I'm off on an American Road Trip later this year which has been my dream holiday since I was really young so I am so ready for it!!!!

+Quote Post
Andrew♀
post Apr 1 2017, 12:33 PM
Post #17
One Mississippi you're here, luvin me with all your heart
Member No.: 21,161

I'm going to Edinburgh with my family on the 10th for a couple of days which should be nice, even if I go there like three times every year (and once this year already) laugh.gif Not sure about later in the year, I'd really like to go somewhere abroad like America on my own for a bit but I don't think I could afford it sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jack
post Apr 1 2017, 02:01 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

I'm going to Milan later this month which I'm really looking forward to then I'm also going to Portugal in June and Santorini in September.

Also talking about booking breaks to Madrid & Ireland as well. I will probably have city breaks in Birmingham, London, Brighton and Portsmouth as well.

Holidaying / travelling is pretty much my favourite thing to do tbh.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Apr 1 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #19
On This Day in P!nk History...
Member No.: 590

Already been to Scotland once this year back in February, we always go during the winter, but have started to go in February now instead of November/December. Seem to get better (colder, snow) weather in February, but this year it was really warm nocheer.gif

Other holidays this year... Disneyland at the end of the month for my 30th, even though my birthday isn't until May, its worked out easier to go in April. Also going to Edinburgh for four nights in June, again for my birthday. And I have a week in a caravan in Wales booked in September. Went there last year and it was lovely, right next to the beach and the caravans were really nice inside.

Looking for my next Scotland holiday for February next year and not sure where to stay, somewhere in the highlands, and ideally a log cabin with a hot tub wub.gif

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Apr 2 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #20
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Heading to Amsterdam for my stag and then not sure about the honeymoon - possible Dubai or the Canaries so far!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2017 - 01:43 PM