BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Music 'Moods'
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Apr 4 2017, 04:08 PM
Post #1
One Mississippi you're here, luvin me with all your heart
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 21,161

One thing I've noticed with me is that the kind of music I listen to at a given time often reflects how I'm feeling, like if I'm not feeling great I'll often listen to a ballad and might not want to listen to a more uptempo song, while if I'm in a really energetic mood I'll probably listen to a more upbeat and 'dancey' song. If I'm feeling so-so I'd want to listen to both which is probably best laugh.gif

Does the music you listen to reflect your mood? Discuss~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 4 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

If I am feeling really happy then I will sometimes enhance this feeling even more with an array of bangers for sure. However if I am in a sad mood, I don't really listen to sad music as well. I prefer to wallow in self pity in silence because I think I would feel even worse otherwise!

If I am feeling kinda bleh, like waking up for Uni and still feeling tired, then I will definitely use music as a way to improve my mood also. All it takes is one euphoric song to come on shuffle while getting ready or walking to the bus stop (this could be the 'Macarena' - and wot) and it can make me feel great. Even better if shuffle is feeling really kind and gives me more than one 10/10 in a row.

+Quote Post
ReyOfSpunShine
post Apr 4 2017, 06:32 PM
Post #3
We used to be happy, now we anti-depressed
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

General dance/EDM - Fun/thrill seeking mood
Pop - As above, but also fits into "standard" mood
Chill house/tropical - Relaxed state of mind or spirituality and love
Dubstep - Higher thrill seeking
Progressive house - Interesting one here, because it gives a kind of middle ground between thrill seeking and relaxed state of mind heart.gif
Owl City (because this guy deserves his own genre x tongue.gif ) - Any, considering how many genres he covers, but his "main" genre i.e. ATBAB and previous are what I would describe as the audible equivalent to antidepressents kink.gif I'd also go with the relaxed state of mind mood here also
Female rock (ATC, Paramore, TA to name a few) - Relaxed state, spirituality and love, antidepressants and positivities of life I guess tongue.gif
Male rock (Lawson, You Me At Six etc.) - Another "any mood" kind of genre for me I think happy.gif
"Joke" songs - Obvious one here, when I'm in a eccentric fun mood smile.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 5 2017, 04:46 PM
Post #4
Balegdah
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I'm definitely one of those who wallows with sad music if I'm not in a good mood laugh.gif I know it's not really logical because it's not gonna make me feel better to listen to depressing music if I feel down, but I always gravitate towards that sort of thing when I'm down. I do the same with good moods and upbeat music too though.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Apr 5 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #5
All songs should chart like the NHS Choir (feat. Quavo)
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

If I'm feeling bad I'll listen to something instantly forgettable (e.g classic, repetitive house etc) so I won't be reminded of that time.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2017 - 11:21 AM