BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favourite Thing About Task 1
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cameron
post Apr 6 2017, 01:06 PM
Post #1
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,061

With the first task now finished, what did you guys enjoy? Did you find it challenging delving into the world of Politics? How are your teammates?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 6 2017, 01:17 PM
Post #2
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I think task 1 went very well! It's going to be very tough to select a winner out of all of this!!

It's quite a different challenge for teams so we'd be well interested in hearing what you think of it

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Apr 6 2017, 01:21 PM
Post #3
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Group: Members
Member No.: 16,660

The way Lindsey and Froot played Hitler and Goebels in our forum smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Apr 6 2017, 01:28 PM
Post #4
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Apr 6 2017, 01:30 PM
Post #5
wtf are perfect places
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(*Tim @ Apr 6 2017, 02:21 PM) *
The way Lindsey and Froot played Hitler and Goebels in our forum smile.gif

Banned from the team.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 6 2017, 01:32 PM
Post #6
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

I enjoyed it being a different angle of challenge, I liked being able to work up to something and I felt we did very well especially in our extra component so I felt we worked well as a team.

I hope task 2 is more accessible because it was a bit disheartening towards the end that a few people didn't participate at all :/ I Get people were busy that's fine but people who were in the forum and noticeable didn't contribute either :') I did feel like a few people who didn't do much on the actual politics and royal family bit made it up in the questions, so our team was nicely balanced.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Apr 6 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #7
wtf are perfect places
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I did enjoy helping to create something and sort of get in that role and ideology to come up with ideas and support it. For better or worse, it also helped with the competitive side of teams as that is basically what politics is about.

I get why the task may not have been to everyone's tastes though as some people may find it hard to engage with. In that respect, as Liam says, I hope Task 2 is more accessible for other people.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Apr 6 2017, 02:14 PM
Post #8
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

The end of it. kink.gif

But seriously, this task kinda felt more suited to certain members more than others, it felt a bit exclusive. I prefer tasks where everyone can feel confident with their
input and not beput off (like scavenger hunt type things. It was nice to see something different I guess.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Apr 6 2017, 02:38 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

It was a good task and I had a great time but I agree that a more universal task this time would be better as there were moments in this task where I didn't really know what to do laugh.gif It was obviously still good fun though!

+Quote Post
Slade
post Apr 6 2017, 02:45 PM
Post #10
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I appreciated a fresh task and angle for Teams. The best part of Task 1 for me was witnessing and being a part of the teamwork that occurred in our forum to get our extra component (the radio ads) done and seeing the finished product of that.

Our strong teamwork waned a little as Liam said when it came to other parts with less people contributing, but I am confident we can bring it back for the next task.

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Apr 6 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #11
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

Well, task one was VERY suited to my interests, so I absolutely loved it. Got me fully into teams after being a little LUKEWARM in the beginning.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Apr 6 2017, 02:50 PM
Post #12
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I had a really great time on Task 1, especially seeing some members get really stuck into it. Not everyone did, which is fair enough, but the people who put in the effort should be very proud of what they've done, it's been a really good competition.

+Quote Post
Winter Wombatlan...
post Apr 6 2017, 02:59 PM
Post #13
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I feel like, for my team at least, it allowed people to emphasise their own creative skills (creative writing, making images, making music/videos, political knowledge, debating skills), so I'm contesting those that said it was only suited to a select few as I think there was a lot of different angles people could've gone down to influence the campaign.

I do agree something a treasure hunt would be a lot more inclusive, but it doesn't hurt to have something different either~

This post has been edited by Chez W♀mbat: Apr 6 2017, 03:00 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 6 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #14

I feel like people who didn't feel so comfortable with politics at least could have tried, it doesn't hurt to have more ideas laugh.gif But I do think a treasure hunt as the traditional always there part of teams would be perfect to get as many people involved as possible, even if you're busy or working or out, there's probably gonna be something on the list you could contribute to.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 6 2017, 03:14 PM
Post #15
Surfing in paradise

I'm not sure I'd agree it's exclusive. Politics is something that impacts everyone of us and getting people involved in the political process is a proven way to have a positive impact on political engagement. It's why modern studies, at least in Fife, did things like a mock election at high school in the first two years.

I'd be really interested to hear why you think it was exclusive Grant and am happy to discuss via PM if you'd prefer.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 6 2017, 03:16 PM
Post #16

That's why we tried to angle it humorously, because more people could get involved and add, because it might be a bit daunting for people who don't really follow politics to have to come up with a proper serious manifesto etc, but for some reason it just didn't engage with a fair few of our team but that could be their fault rather the task which I enjoyed personally laugh.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 6 2017, 03:19 PM
Post #17
Surfing in paradise

Humour was something we were quite keen on. We've kind of themed this teams a bit to allow people to let their imagination run wild by sort of detaching it from reality with a fictional nation and no real world stakes. Sure the team names are politically inspired but they're inspired by the Monster Raving Looney Party, The DUP and the Liberal Democrats. While the last is a little more serious and real world the first two are joke parties

+Quote Post
Regina
post Apr 6 2017, 03:21 PM
Post #18
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

It affects us all yeah but there are members here who are more vocal about politics and this task seems way more suited to
them and they naturally took over. Not that people couldn't take part but at the same time, it wasn't really the kind of task I'd put out first, some of the more quieter
members might be less keen to speka up and show off their ideas. Then again I had stuff to deal with so didn't get as involced as I could, but I was less eager to step into this task than I have bene on other ones in older teams.

I also think this task gave way to a lot of dirty tactics which I didn't like. It spoiled things, but that was more the people and not the task itself.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 6 2017, 03:23 PM
Post #19

I get that too but I do think people if they signed up for teams can take a few seconds to speak up with an idea, I don't see why you'd sign up for teams if you weren't going to participate and show ideas laugh.gif Who knows if you plant a seed, even if you think it's silly or stupid or small, someone could have an amazing adjacent idea and it could bloom into something really good that nobody would have thought of.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Apr 6 2017, 03:31 PM
Post #20
Surfing in paradise

I get that. I think bigger personalities are always going to dominate the first task regardless of what it is going to be. That's just the nature of teams and those less confident are usually going to shy away initially.

I think in the past a scavenger hunt has been run first and it is a great ice breaker. This time we kind of had a narrative in mind once we'd decided the tasks we wanted to run so it made more sense for this to run first. Hopefully at the end of teams it is clear how all of the tasks kind of built upon one another

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 04:14 PM