BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Charity shop successes
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Velvet Gold
post Apr 8 2017, 12:49 PM
Post #1
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 28,559
   No Gallery Pics

What good finds have you had at charity shops recently?

Today I found a 1966 pressing of the Monkees' self-titled, an early-1970 David Bowie best of, a Pixies denim jacket (it has a large patch saying, 'where is my mind?', on the back), and some ridiculous-looking studded jeans. Yesterday I found purple velvet Doc Martens for 7. Both of today's record finds are worthless, but cool. I have, or, rather, had, different releases of those two records. My old Monkees record got so scratchy I had to get rid of it. As for the Bowie record, this one has a different title, and would have had different sleeve art had it, er, still had its outer sleeve. (It was fifty pence! There was nothing to lose!)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Apr 9 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #2
Sleeplessly embracing
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

Lush - Mad Love EP cassette
Chase & Status - More Than Alot (two 12-inches sampler)
Neneh Cherry - Kisses On The Wind (mini CD single)
James - The Best Of (limited edition trifold digipak in slipcase which also contains a bonus live CD)
"Bloc Party - Like Eating Glass (Black Strobe Remix)" and "The Futureheads - Decent Days And Nights (Shy Child Remix)" on 10" picture disc

+Quote Post
mqh
post Apr 9 2017, 03:54 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Mr Oizo 'Flat Beat' on CD - so cool considering I'd been listening to the song just hours earlier.

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Apr 9 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #4
sweeter than a rice cake
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

The Pixies jacket sounds amazing! 😱
I'm always in awe of people who find all the good things in charity shops, I never have much luck.
Recently found a Janet Jackson 'Control' vinyl though which I was pretty pleased with. Not one of her better albums but the cover is one of my all time favourites 😍

+Quote Post
BillyH
post Apr 9 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,614
   No Gallery Pics

About four years ago I was in a charity shop in Willesden Green, and they had the debut album by The Vaccines for a pound. Opened it up and it was signed by the entire band, probably from the HMV signing they did in 2011 - bought it straight away!!

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Apr 9 2017, 10:56 PM
Post #6
Sleeplessly embracing
   No Gallery Pics

Recent charity purchases (from Thursday and Friday):

MK feat. Alana - Always [CD single] (a lot of you may know MK as the man behind the remixes of Storm Queen's Look Right Through and Wanklemut & Emma Louise's My Head Is A Jungle, and more recently Piece Of Me, but back in the 90's, he has made a handful of club hits, along with an edit of The Nightcrawler's Push The Feeling On, which hit the UK Top 10 in 1995. Two of his club hits back in the day reached the UK Top 75 in the same year [Always and Burning (both featured the vocals of Alana)]. The former became remixed by Route 94 [famous for their number one with Jess Glynne, "My Love"] approximately two decades later. The remix managed to peak much higher than the original [which peaked at 69], reaching a peak of 12. Alas, it didn't last on the chart for long, though it did manage to appear on NOW 88)
Raw Stylus - Pass Me By [promo CD single in card sleeve]
Sun Kil Moon - Benji CD [gatefold]
Black Grape - It's Great When You're Straight... Yeah! CD
Hard-Fi - Stars Of CCTV CD
Slipstreem - We Are Raving (The Anthem) 7"
M - Pop Muzik 7"
Supergrass - In It For The Money CD
Massive Attack - Heligoland CD
Disclosure - Settle CD
NOW 79 CD
Lianne La Havas - Is Your Love Big Enough CD [limited edition softpack case with 4 bonus live tracks and 2 posters. Amazon Deluxe Edition]

This post has been edited by DalekTurret32: Apr 9 2017, 11:12 PM

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Apr 9 2017, 11:12 PM
Post #7
Sleeplessly embracing
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(BillyH @ Apr 9 2017, 08:38 PM) *
About four years ago I was in a charity shop in Willesden Green, and they had the debut album by The Vaccines for a pound. Opened it up and it was signed by the entire band, probably from the HMV signing they did in 2011 - bought it straight away!!

Lucky you!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2017 - 10:22 AM