BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TASK 3B \ WOULD I LIE TO YOU?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Michael Bubré
post Apr 14 2017, 02:27 AM
Post #1
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

Hello anyone reading this as it is posted in the early hours of the morning (and everyone else who’s just come online x), here’s the announcement of the final side task of Teams 2017.

It’s important to have trust in our new Arcadian government, and for our leaders to be able to discern fake news from reality. To ensure your parties are fit to serve, it’s time for a test of that, and to that end, we present to you a Teams 2k17 edition of Would I Lie To You?

Now it’s been many many years since the original Chrisfishlock-hosted incarnations of BuzzJack WILTY? so probably not many of you are familiar with this, however it is a game based on the TV show of the same name so if you’ve seen that then hopefully it will make sense!

When you all signed up we asked you to provide a couple of truths and a lie - and here’s where that will come into play. Over the next few days each team will be pitted against each other team for this task. Here’s the schedule (assuming these dates will work out for everyone):

Friday 14th April: MONSTER RAVING SHREK PARTY vs. DEMOCRATIC IRN BRUNIONIST PARTY
Sunday 16th April: LIBERAL DEMOCATS vs. MONSTER RAVING SHREK PARTY
Monday 17th April: DEMOCRATIC IRN BRUNIONIST PARTY vs. LIBERAL DEMOCATS

For each night we will require 3 players from each team to attend live - so as many as 6 people from each team can take part, ideally different people each night if possible! (May be a good idea to have backup players as well in case anyone has to suddenly disappear during a round).

Here’s how it works: for each player in a round, the host (one of us Lounge Mods) will pick at random either one of their truths or their lie. Then we will give the opposing team a period of a few minutes to ask questions about this statement. The questioned player must answer these questions (acting as if it is true even if it is a lie!) After the question and answer period is up, the members of the questioning team say whether they think it is a truth or lie. If their decision (best 2 out of 3) is correct they will score for their team, and if not the other team will score. The team that scores the most cumulative points across all 3 of their rounds is the overall winner of the task.

That may have made no sense so here’s an example round to make things a little clearer:

Team A consists of Ryan., Hadji and ankietarrr. Team B consists of TaraElla, Spinning Adam and Griff. The first to face questions is Ryan. and his statement is:
"I am a member of failed pop star Tich's PR team."
TaraElla asks "How did you get this job?"
Ryan. responds "By being the only person to ever reply to her posts on Facebook."
Spinning Adam asks "How much do you get paid?"
Ryan. responds "Tich cannot afford to pay me due to her last single failing to make the UK top 10,000."
Griff asks "Do you actually even like 'Dumb'?"
Ryan. responds "No, of course I don't, how could anyone like that shit?"
Questioning continues in this vein for a little while, and then it's time to vote.
TaraElla thinks it's TRUE
Spinning Adam thinks it's TRUE
Griff thinks it's A LIE
Team B has collectively decided it is TRUE... and they are correct! Ryan. is in fact a member of Tich's PR team. Score to Team B.
And so on for the other 5 participants.

1,000 seats are allocated to this task! We encourage as many people to take part as possible.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Apr 14 2017, 02:28 AM
Post #2

(currently not sure what time these rounds will be taking place - will sort this out when I get up tomorrow x)

Any questions about this please post in this thread! The first round is due for today so I hope this isn't too short notice for Bru and Shrek ;o

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Apr 14 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #3

Probably gonna try and start this at around 7 or 8. If there's anyone actually wanting to play at all. Idk if y'all other teams are discussing this at all and no one is posting in here magic.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Apr 14 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #4
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

We are discussing this and it looks like MRS will have three people ready at least.

+Quote Post
ionderella
post Apr 14 2017, 04:23 PM
Post #5
ya ya ya i am lorde
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,397

Okay so there's a thing.

If you pick a lie then the rest would automatically be unusable for future rounds (2 truths, 1 lie, duh). So this limits how many people can play and how many rounds we have. Unless we were supposed to play one time each from the very beginning.

The last time we did this the host was actually making up a lie (element of surprise, that's what makes it fun really). Surely this time it'd be logical to make up at least one lie as well so that we would have 2 truths and 2 lies. Able to play 2 times each, in case something happens.

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Apr 14 2017, 04:31 PM
Post #6

The idea was that different people would play in each round anyway but this is a fair point, had not considered that ~ Could use a made up lie as a contingency plan if it is necessary.

+Quote Post
Hollyver
post Apr 14 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #7
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Members
Member No.: 15,367

If that's the case, do we not need more truths as well? Like if people from the left out team are lurking, and the one lie is guessed, even with a backup lie, they'd know which two are the truths for when they play?

Or am I just overthinking it?

+Quote Post
burbe
post Apr 14 2017, 05:40 PM
Post #8
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Surely one person can't play twice? Isn't that the point, to have different people both times?

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Apr 14 2017, 05:42 PM
Post #9

It's a case of whether there will be 3 different people available and willing to play the second time! Will only have repeat players if it's absolutely necessary ~ Tbh this was more likely to be an issue when we were originally planning this and were going to have 3 rounds for each team (before Sinn Bréin collapsed), which would require 9 different players out of 14 instead of 6 out of 19 laugh.gif

(Do Irn Bru have people to play tonight? A little concerned that your forum had no posts for the last few hours until just now).

QUOTE(Oliver �� @ Apr 14 2017, 06:31 PM) *
If that's the case, do we not need more truths as well? Like if people from the left out team are lurking, and the one lie is guessed, even with a backup lie, they'd know which two are the truths for when they play?

Or am I just overthinking it?

Well the fact it was a made up lie wouldn't be announced publicly ~ so I don't see why this would be the case.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 12:40 PM