BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favourite part of Teams 2017
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Apr 20 2017, 12:58 AM
Post #1
One Mississippi you're here, luvin me with all your heart
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 21,161

I thought this would be an interesting thread as everyone seems to have lots of different favourite tasks/moments of teams happy.gif

All the tasks (minus WILTY, I admit my questions weren't the most exciting ;o) were great I thought, but the best thing was speaking and working with people I hadn't before and teams has left me feeling much closer to most of my teammates <3 Ik some people find it boring but I actually enjoyed the shady talk with the other teams tbh, as long as it didn't go any further than just shade laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Apr 20 2017, 05:38 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Internal chat and WILTY

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 20 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I have quite a few great memorable moments to take away from this edition! Ending this journey the best way I know how, with an essay!

- Obviously the cats winning! I was pretty apprehensive about how I would cope as a team leader beforehand, as I had never done Teams before. So it felt great for my Team to win on first try. I had a strong bunch of people who gave their all for the tasks. I like that our team had a few shocks in the results - us winning the election despite highest turnout, us winning Scavenger Hunt after a shaky start and the History quiz win despite not many people being around on the night.

- The creation and unleashing of the 1A radio broadcasts. It felt like something to actually be proud of on an Internet forum due to the enormous effort that went in, we really felt like we had something great on our hands here. The reaction on here was so rewarding!

- Rounds 2 and 3 of Would I Lie To You? - as soon as the Cats started playing, things got so entertaining for me. The way we were completely flopping on day 1 initially and turned it around into a draw, the iconic cqmerqn quotes ("did you get the role?" and "you shat yourself until year 5?" <3) and then of course the nail-biting road to victory for the final round. Things were SO FRANTIC behind the scenes as we had to get it right - and the reaction was brilliant behind the scenes when we did win.

- Michelle McManus retweeting us. We made it our Twitter goal to get a retweet from Michelle with her being our queen. I don't think anyone was actually expecting it to happen, so when Alanna broke the news that she actually HAD, we were all floored behind the scenes - another great reaction to witness.

- Getting to know the members of our team/the WUU2 thread that got us bonus points - basically this was just a thread I made at like 2am asking what people were doing, and this turned into pages and pages of conversation and felt like such natural bonding. I really loved my team and we generally got along very well. It was also great to see my team members unleashing their unique skills! For instance Kye's amazing graphics, Liam putting things into words so effortlessly, Sam slaying us with her harmonica, Brett's tax knowledge etc... so many great contributions.

Had a fantastic few weeks being with the Democats!

+Quote Post
Meatball Cody
post Apr 20 2017, 10:57 PM
Post #4
When I'm with you all I get is wild thoughts
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

tbh everything except for the results

Yes, I even enjoyed the history quiz despite barely knowing most of the questions tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ⓐⓦⓐⓡⓓⓘⓝⓐⓡⓨ
post Apr 20 2017, 11:19 PM
Post #5
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

I regret not getting involved more. I thought teams was permanent too. sad.gif

+Quote Post
MoistSummerFruit
post Apr 20 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #6
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

The meltdoons from mdna, T Boy and Cody Floppingsberry

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 21 2017, 02:17 AM
Post #7
Balegdah
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I think Task 1A for me too becasue at first I was like oh lord I'm gonna be shit I have 0 idea here, but as it went on and a bunch of us worked together we really came up with something to be proud of as a collective that intertwined loads of different ideas and strengths. And of course winning, any team would have deserved it but it was really fab to win at the end as the cherry on top kink.gif

+Quote Post
Floater
post Apr 21 2017, 02:27 AM
Post #8
Only here for the cereal
Member No.: 19,534

QUOTE(Jade �� @ Apr 20 2017, 06:32 PM) *
- The creation and unleashing of the 1A radio broadcasts. It felt like something to actually be proud of on an Internet forum due to the enormous effort that went in, we really felt like we had something great on our hands here. The reaction on here was so rewarding!

- Rounds 2 and 3 of Would I Lie To You? - as soon as the Cats started playing, things got so entertaining for me. The way we were completely flopping on day 1 initially and turned it around into a draw, the iconic cqmerqn quotes ("did you get the role?" and "you shat yourself until year 5?" <3) and then of course the nail-biting road to victory for the final round. Things were SO FRANTIC behind the scenes as we had to get it right - and the reaction was brilliant behind the scenes when we did win.

- Michelle McManus retweeting us. We made it our Twitter goal to get a retweet from Michelle with her being our queen. I don't think anyone was actually expecting it to happen, so when Alanna broke the news that she actually HAD, we were all floored behind the scenes - another great reaction to witness.
These were my faves, all very well said biggrin.gif If I had to pick one favorite it'd be the radio broadcast cos they were fun to record and I appreciated the nice comments about my voice blush.gif

+Quote Post
Shaphne
post Apr 21 2017, 12:00 PM
Post #9
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Beating the Shreks tbh. Highlight of my life <3

+Quote Post
mdh
post Apr 21 2017, 12:06 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Wasn't bothered about the result in the end, I'm just happy to have gotten a lot closer to a lot of people on here and all the tasks were a lot of fun. So yeah, my favourite part was the bonding with my teammates and all the laughs we had.

#equalottiandjusticeforall <3 wub.gif

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Apr 21 2017, 12:11 PM
Post #11
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Having the best team who all got on and had such a laugh!

Jade was an incredible leader too, so dedicated!

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Apr 21 2017, 12:22 PM
Post #12
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

The way our team fitted together, never contemplating underhanded tactics, just wanting to enjoy ourselves was probably the best. I think task 1 was probably the best overall, lots of ideas floating around for the campaigns from all of the teams. I particularly enjoyed watching our royal family come together.mi enjoyed the scavenger hunt, it's probably the most creative I have forced myself to be in a while with particularly my firefighters and trumpalike actually being winning pics as I was quite proud of those.

I was also impressed by the lengths certain posters would go to try to bring me and my team down when we were clearly enjoying ourselves. The fact that the best they could ever come up with was 'oh you spammers' and 'oh you're really sad. If that's your fun I feel sorry for you' was pretty much showing themselves up as some unevolved teenagers. Boy, can people get petty.

Michael's 2746 meltdowns that he tried and failed to cover up as 'searches for justice' were also very amusing followed by his obsession over other posters having meltdowns.

+Quote Post
MoistSummerFruit
post Apr 21 2017, 03:43 PM
Post #13
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

I had one moment where I had to search for justice, nothing more!!!

It easn't a meltdoon.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Apr 21 2017, 04:24 PM
Post #14
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Buffy/Charmed and the Quest for Justice.

Coming to a bargain bin near you.

+Quote Post
Meatball Cody
post Apr 21 2017, 04:48 PM
Post #15
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy in Weeyals @ Apr 21 2017, 05:22 AM) *
The way our team fitted together, never contemplating underhanded tactics, just wanting to enjoy ourselves was probably the best. I think task 1 was probably the best overall, lots of ideas floating around for the campaigns from all of the teams. I particularly enjoyed watching our royal family come together.mi enjoyed the scavenger hunt, it's probably the most creative I have forced myself to be in a while with particularly my firefighters and trumpalike actually being winning pics as I was quite proud of those.
I'll take the L for this

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 26 2017, 01:28 AM
Post #16
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(cqmerqn🐱 @ Apr 2 2017, 06:13 PM) *
Who is this

QUOTE(Jade 🐱 @ Apr 2 2017, 06:17 PM) *
Probably T Boy :')

QUOTE(Lieowstic @ Apr 2 2017, 06:25 PM) *
Yep that's TBoy's age as well rotf.gif

QUOTE(cqmerqn🐱 @ Apr 2 2017, 06:28 PM) *
T Boy is 88? ohmy.gif

QUOTE(Lieowstic @ Apr 2 2017, 06:33 PM) *
LMAO NO

Born in 88

I just remembered the existence of cqmerqn thinking T Boy was 88 years old from the @teacherdude88 username very early on in our forum, adding that as one of my fave moments from the early days laugh.gif

Also Liberal Democats' game of Pointless, some of those answers provided a laugh. Internal games ftw

(having slight Teams withdrawals, I miss being swamped in virtual tasks and fun rather than Uni work laugh.gif </3)

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Apr 26 2017, 03:46 AM
Post #17
Get Free.
Member No.: 67

When Lotti sabotaged my entry, only messaged me about it 2 times! 3 IS A CHARM, 2 IS NOT THE SAME.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Apr 26 2017, 03:46 AM
Post #18
Get Free.

When Lotti sabotaged my entry, only messaged me about it 2 times! 3 IS A CHARM, 2 IS NOT THE SAME.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Apr 26 2017, 03:47 AM
Post #19
Get Free.

f***

(3 tho)

+Quote Post
Meatball Cody
post Apr 26 2017, 03:27 PM
Post #20
   No Gallery Pics

is this how the cqmerqn vs t boy thing started?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2017 - 02:57 AM