BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MOST ANNOYING THINGS ABOUT DRIVING ON THE ROAD
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cherry.
post Apr 21 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #1
feminist icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,777

i hate it when ur going down single way country lanes and people force u to stop/reverse/driveintoahedge for them yet theyre the ones with the room on their side?????? move over bitch

also people who overtake vehicles on blind corners piss me off. just WAIT. i'll be even later for work if u overtake a tractor around a corner causing a crash
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Apr 21 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #2
feminist icon

i feel like most of ya'll drive in cities so my countryside driving experiences is gonna VASTLY differ. the other day i had to do an emergency stop bc a pheasant wouldnt move

+Quote Post
Taking The Hiss
post Apr 21 2017, 03:08 PM
Post #3
Hiss Hiss Bish
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

I'm surprised there are many pheasants left now in southern England, considering how much they have been traditionally hunted there.

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Apr 21 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #4
feminist icon

i see them all the f***ing time. they're honestly THE MOST stupid birds, but yeah they're mainly bred for hunting around here

+Quote Post
mdh
post Apr 21 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(l♀tita @ Apr 21 2017, 04:05 PM) *
i hate it when ur going down single way country lanes and people force u to stop/reverse/driveintoahedge for them yet theyre the ones with the room on their side?????? move over bitch

This happened yesterday when I was on my bike! Literally riding down a country lane and a FedEx van decided it'd be a great idea to barge me over into the bush when there was more than enough space and nothing coming the other way. Genuinely terrifying, and the brambles ripped my new coat sad.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Rance
post Apr 21 2017, 03:11 PM
Post #6
I'm still rocking your hoodie
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

People who own large ass trucks with stuff connected to them and switch lanes the same time as me deserve a special seat in hell

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Apr 21 2017, 03:41 PM
Post #7
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

Middle lane hoggers on the Motorway driving at 60mph. Very dangerous all because they can't be bothered to use the lanes properly.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Apr 21 2017, 03:44 PM
Post #8
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I got trapped going up a narrow country road on a hill by the car behind me and the one coming opposite. Took ages for either of them to decide there was nothing I could do and that one of them had to give way.

+Quote Post
Jacb
post Apr 21 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #9
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(l♀tita @ Apr 21 2017, 04:05 PM) *

also people who overtake vehicles on blind corners piss me off. just WAIT. i'll be even later for work if u overtake a tractor around a corner causing a crash
This this this! It's less bad in the Truro area but I used to live in a fairly rural location, I swear those drivers would always drive right in the middle of the country lane roads. Admittedly I've only driven in the context of a lesson but as a new driver it's so stressful running into people like that. On an unrelated note I've booked my test now, taking it the end of May. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Apr 21 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #10
feminist icon

good luck jacob!!!!!! i got taken down a country route in one of my tests and got stuck behind a tractor for so long :')

+Quote Post
Jacb
post Apr 21 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #11
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks! Ugh, tractors should be in fields not on roads. #onlyinthesouthwest

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Apr 21 2017, 05:13 PM
Post #12
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

I hate it when I'm joining a dual carriageway and people already on (who have masses of space) don't move into the overtaking lane. Means I've got to stop or slow right down before merging meaning anyone behind me has the same issue. I know it's not law but I got told whilst taking lessons that it's just common courtesy to move into the other lane if nothing is there, to make sure cars joining have a seamless entry onto the dual carriageway.

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Apr 21 2017, 05:33 PM
Post #13
feminist icon

omg once i was merging onto a dual carriageway behind a car and when we were merging it was EMPTY but yet the car in front decided to f***ing STOP before merging on then proceed to go at about 20 without speeding up, so i overtook them but obviously i hadn't been able to make much speed, then of course something came racing up behind me as i was overtaking and nearly hit the back of me mellow.gif ((most of our dual carriageways can be pretty curvy/up and down hills so alot of blind places and alot of chance4 dis to happen but srsly f*** staying at 20 on a dual carriageway))

driving in the south west is a constant experience

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Apr 21 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #14
Buzzjacks Resident Head c**t In Charge
Member No.: 16,660

When people are so impatient when ur waiting for a traffic light and take a lil' longer or when ur trying to get past a car when ur already above speed limit AND THE PEOPLE START SIGNING THAT YOU NEED TO HURRY

SOZ BUT IN GONNA RUIN UR WHOLE f***ING TRIP NOW

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Apr 21 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #15
consentes dei Juno Jupiter Minerva
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(Jacob. @ Apr 21 2017, 05:19 PM) *
Thanks! Ugh, tractors should be in fields not on roads. #onlyinthesouthwest

failed one of my tests because of one of those blindsiding me, causing me to panic and momentarily forget how to reverse properly without backing up into a country lane hedge.

I haven't driven much since passing because I'm scared of what other SW drivers will do*. Roads are where you need to be sensible.

*that's not the real reason, I just don't need a car right now.

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Apr 21 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

When a dual carriageway becomes single carriageway, drivers tend to stay in the fast lane until the last minute. This means you have to slow down in order to let them merge, it slows the rush hour as well.

+Quote Post
13 Beaches
post Apr 21 2017, 09:20 PM
Post #17
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

My pet hate is when drivers block a road in a traffic queue. It literally happens all the time but like why are people so f***ing stupid. You aren't going anywhere, so why block the road for people needing to turn into it from another direction mellow.gif

And also when speed bumps are the size of mountains. The worst offender is the pick up zone at Birmingham New Street station. More poor small car has such a mission trying to get over those bumps, it's ridiculous.

+Quote Post
Bairlas
post Apr 21 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #18
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I learned to drive in a rural area. The road I drove along on my test got washed out in a storm a few years back and it took the county 4 years to repair.

I could honestly be here all week bitching about people's inability to drive. So I'll give some brief pet hates:

- Move the f*** over into the emptyass lane when people are merging from a slip road. Don't be such a c**t
- People who drive at 40 along single carriageways (60) then proceed to do 40 through the towns (30). These c**ts should literally be hung drawn and quartered. Permanently banned from using or being a passenger in any form of motorised vehicle at absolute minimum. If they can't use it properly they don't deserve to be near a car, or taxi or bus.
- People who crawl along backroads. Bitch this road is full of blind corners, if I come round one at 55 and suddenly find you arsing about at 20 this aint gonna end well. If you cant drive a backroad at a proper speed stick to the f***ing main road.
- Not indicating when leaving a roundabout. I hope you die slowly and painfully.
- Going straight on at the top of Trafford road instead of following the f***ing road markings to the right because for some ridiculous reason Trafford Council thought it wise to turn Trafford road from 3 to 4 lanes just after the Warfside Way junction as you come off a roundabout. FOLLOW THE BRIGHT RED f***ING LINES YOU c**t.
- Tailgating me in the fast lane of a motorway when I'm clearly overtaking and already doing 73mph. Get f***ed pal. We're travelling at 70+ you'll have destroyed my brake lights before you even realise they've come on.
- Lane hogs. If the lane to the left is completely clear get the f*** out my way.
- Impatient c**ts who go from the fast lane to the slow lane and back again instead of waiting for you to clear the middle lane hog. I'm doing 73 calm the f*** down asshole.
- Junction blockers. Well done you colossal c**t. You've got 5m closer to that red light and now snarled up traffic on a side road.
- Assholes who go straight on from a turn lane and just barge in front.
- Those twats who have to go to the absolute very end of the lane before cutting in. Especially in heavy traffic. (I literally hog the bumper of the car in front at this point. I let no f***er in right at the end.)
- People who don't merge-in-turn in heavy traffic when two roads merge
- Entering a yellow box when it's not clear on the other side.
- Driving down the middle of a country lane when you can clearly see I'm coming. (don't care if road is clear. State of our country roads mean the edges are crumbled to hell but if you don't move over when we pass imma cut you)
- Tractors
- Caravans
- Trucks, up a steep hill on a single carriageway when they're restricted to 40.
- A9
- Average Speed Cameras.
- Having to do 40 through roadworks because of the evil ASC's for 20 miles (hai M6 J16-19) to find no f***er working on 19 miles of the f***ing roadworks.

Not one about drivers, but whoever designed roundabouts in Greater Manchester has a special place in hell.

+Quote Post
Faller
post Apr 22 2017, 03:15 AM
Post #19
Driving with my eyes closed
Member No.: 19,534

Generally I'm as patient as can be but changing lanes or turning without signaling sets me off every single time, and especially the crazy ones who go from lane to lane trying to pass everyone. Like thank you for not caring about your own safety or anyone else's!! Same goes for texting and driving, I still scold my parents for doing this drama.gif

+Quote Post
සුනුවිසුනු වී ඇත
post May 18 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #20
We won't be around cause we're leaving this mad house
Member No.: 21,005

I don't know all the rules on indicating because I don't drive but recently I notice when I go swimming, there's a crossroads (four directions) and I rarely see any cars indicating whether they are going straight or right or whatever. Surely going left is "indicate left", straight is no indication and right is "indicate right"? As I said I don't drive etc. and it seems like the general rule is there's no need to indicate in that situation so maybe there's something more to it, if someone could explain plz I can't seem to find the right words to Google laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2017 - 10:29 PM