BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you drive?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Do you drive tho
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 44
Guests cannot vote 
DNQrella
post Apr 21 2017, 07:30 PM
Post #1
alimony butterflies
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 4,397

So with yet another driving thread emerging i have decided upon putting up this poll which will finally solve the mystery of how many people here drive.

Please answer truthfully.

I am 27 and I have never driven in my entire life. Nor do I want to. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT SIDE THE STOP PEDAL IS ON.

Seriously, it looks TERRIFYING. And there are SO many aggressive drivers out there. Not to mention you can die or kill someone. Cannot be taking that risk. Just going out for a few hours gives me anxiety. Plus there are way too many cars these days. Pollution, etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Apr 21 2017, 07:32 PM
Post #2
Mansonette
Group: Members
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I don't drive and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I am driven.

+Quote Post
lotita
post Apr 21 2017, 07:36 PM
Post #3
feminist icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,777

I drive and have my own car. It's not with me at uni ATM (but I'm taking it next year) but at home I need a car to pretty much get anywhere- especially work!

I absolutely love driving, honestly nothing better than driving fast with loud music *.*

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Apr 21 2017, 07:36 PM
Post #4
sweeter than a rice cake
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

I can, but I don't.
Passed my test nearly ten years ago and haven't driven at all for the last five or six. I don't need to at all at the moment and can't see that changing any time soon really! I used to enjoy driving through the countryside late at night with music on 😍 But it was so long ago, I'm not sure if I'd like it at all these days 💁🏼‍♂️

Alll about walking and cycling for me.

+Quote Post
T Boy in Weeyals
post Apr 21 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #5
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I drive regularly. I'm quite lucky because even though I do have to drive to get to work or see my immediate family, none of that is more than a 15 minute drive away. The longest drive I have to do is to my grandparents who are about an hour away.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 21 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #6
Balegdah
Member No.: 10,139

No, probably should and kind of want to but I'm the same Pav I find it so scary to think of like all the other drivers or that you could like kill someone or crash really easily, I know that's probably just because I've never driven and it would be fine if I did lmao but I'm ok for now. It's quite annoying having to pay for a slow af bus journey to do like day to day things so I wouldn't want to forever drama.gif

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Apr 21 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #7
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

No and I have no desire to learn. Living in London with a large transport system (that I don't have to pay to use thanks to working for them), why would I need to (or WANT to considering some of the roads and traffic in the city).

I'm sure it would be fine once you get used to it but the idea of starting to learn for the first time does scare me a little too tbh :')

+Quote Post
T Boy in Weeyals
post Apr 21 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #8
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

To be honest, you're more likely to be a safer driver if you do get concerned about things like crashes. It'll make you concentrate on what you're doing and the worries will eventually pass the more you go out in the car and your confidence will rise. Drivers that are cocky from the outset are much more dangerous imo.

+Quote Post
DNQrella
post Apr 21 2017, 07:49 PM
Post #9
alimony butterflies
Member No.: 4,397

It's not just the crashes thing. I just KNOW i won't be able to handle a difficult situation and go straight to panic mode if something happens and needs my immediate decision. So it's better for everyone i don't get behind the wheel at all lmao

+Quote Post
Leonardo
post Apr 21 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,502

No, I have dyspraxia which although doesn't rule out driving, does make it much harder, but as I do enjoy walking and don't mind public transport so I don't particularly want to.

+Quote Post
T Boy in Weeyals
post Apr 21 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #11
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Catderella @ Apr 21 2017, 08:49 PM) *
It's not just the crashes thing. I just KNOW i won't be able to handle a difficult situation and go straight to panic mode if something happens and needs my immediate decision. So it's better for everyone i don't get behind the wheel at all lmao

Again, it's something that you will gain in time. I didn't have a clue what I was doing before I started learning. You are also completely safe if learning with an instructor-they won't let anything happen and can advise you in difficult circumstances. Lessons are expensive but the more experience you have under your belt before you take a test, the better.

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Apr 21 2017, 07:57 PM
Post #12
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(l♀tita @ Apr 21 2017, 08:36 PM) *
I absolutely love driving, honestly nothing better than driving fast with loud music *.*

This tbh.

+Quote Post
JosephStyles🐶
post Apr 21 2017, 08:00 PM
Post #13
long hair don't care
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I currently don't but would like to in the future, just not really gotten round to it yet.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Apr 21 2017, 08:01 PM
Post #14
Bovril Lasagna
Member No.: 5,572

Nope, and never will likely due to eyesight issues. Did want to learn but don't really venture anywhere I can't get a bus to laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Apr 21 2017, 08:10 PM
Post #15
One Mississippi you're here, luvin me with all your heart
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 21,161

I've basically given up, like Grant I don't really go anywhere I can't get a bus to laugh.gif

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Apr 21 2017, 08:13 PM
Post #16
All songs should chart like the NHS Choir (feat. Quavo)
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I'm too lazy to learn to drive

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Apr 21 2017, 08:26 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

Regular driver especially for work and my hobby of visiting historical churches. Not all the places I wish to visit are on a public transport route.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 21 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #18
Always Watching...
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

It's something I always think I should do, but I don't have the money or time for it atm and I live in London so I'm fairly well covered on the transport aspect. Like some others in here, I'm overly safety cautious (I'm always the slowest whenever I go go-karting with people lol) and am panicky about being on the road and in a potentially life threatening situation. I also have dyspraxia and autism so have poor coordination skills to back that up, it didn't really work out the last time I had a few lessons and it was costing me too much so am in no hurry to try again.

+Quote Post
The-BrightPlaces
post Apr 21 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #19
I wanna contribute to the chaos
Member No.: 23,513
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(l♀tita @ Apr 21 2017, 08:36 PM) *
I drive and have my own car. It's not with me at uni ATM (but I'm taking it next year) but at home I need a car to pretty much get anywhere- especially work!

this is all literally me. I have my own car but it stays at home since I have no real need for it in edinburgh. I'm actually getting a new car towards the end of summer as I'm moving home so I will need to drive through to edinburgh for uni, which im actually really looking forward to tbh because I really like driving, there's so much freedom to it and like lotti said driving with loud music is the best thing ever, especially when it's sunny and you can put the windows down and just chill, it's honestly the best feeling!! I can understand why some people might find it scary though because the whole concept is a bit dangerous but I think once you start driving it will seem much less frightening and more just something that gets you A to B faster and more conveniently than public transport laugh.gif

+Quote Post
burbe
post Apr 21 2017, 09:11 PM
Post #20
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I love driving and very comfortable with it now. The only thing I've refused to do so far is a really long motorway journey, the longest I've done is 2 hours. I got my first car only this time last year but I can't imagine not having it now.

It completely changed everything and I've gotten really lazy with walking etc. But I love the independence of not having to rely on someone for a lift or public transport (ew) and there's nothing better than having a lil drive while blasting your favourite song <3

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2017 - 06:58 PM