BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are you an Optimist or a Pessimist?, Glass half full or half empty?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Which one are you?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 25
Guests cannot vote 
awardinary
post Apr 28 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #1
The Navigator
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

I try to be optimistic in life but I often find that negativity seeps in and causes my outlook to me pessimistic.

I suppose that makes me a glass half empty kind of guy.

How about you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Apr 28 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #2
One Mississippi you're here, luvin me with all your heart
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 21,161

It depends on the situation for me. Like if there's something I'm desperate for or NEED I'm a light optimist, but otherwise definitely the other option lol. Before when I was with people I was only a pessimist in my head if you know what I mean and acted optimistic, I didn't wanna seem depressing :') Now I try and be a bit more open if I think something will go bad etc.

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Apr 28 2017, 09:02 PM
Post #3
//
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

Depends on my mood. My emotions control me more than I control them, although I am getting a bit better at the latter. I can go through big periods of negativity and exaggerating problems but I'm always able to bounce back, at least temporarily ~

+Quote Post
Jade
post Apr 28 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I have always been a huge optimist and I still try my best to look on the bright side of things. I do think my spirit has been dampened a bit since coming to Uni though and generally growing up, I seem to be stressed out and having a negative train of thought more often nowadays than I used to. sad.gif That said, this usually comes in bouts when there are hugely stressful assignments and stuff and I think generally I am still a positive person. I do try and look for the best in situations and also try to give positive advice to others.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsᴇʏ
post Apr 28 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #5
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I'd say I'm pretty much a realist but I probably do have more pessimistic outlooks than optimistic if i had to pick one of those two

+Quote Post
The-BrightPlaces
post Apr 28 2017, 10:21 PM
Post #6
I wanna contribute to the chaos
Member No.: 23,513
   No Gallery Pics

I'm a realist and an optimist (but i swear to you i'm not getting over this) LINDSEY WHAT IS IT!!

no but seriously I would say I'm 100% an optimist when it comes to other people's life and their problems, but i'm more of a pessimist when it comes to my own life/problems

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsᴇʏ
post Apr 28 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #7
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

ALL YOU ARE IS HISTORY cool.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsᴇʏ
post Apr 28 2017, 10:26 PM
Post #8
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(The-BrightPlaces @ Apr 28 2017, 11:21 PM) *
no but seriously I would say I'm 100% an optimist when it comes to other people's life and their problems, but i'm more of a pessimist when it comes to my own life/problems

also this tbh, someone once told me that I actually come across quite warm and bubbly and I'm always positive but knowing myself I'm not really like that in my own mind laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cody S. Berry
post Apr 28 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #9
#Justice4SimoneBiles
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Sometimes I don't know whether to cry or to laugh when I think about my decisions

I'm both tbh

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 28 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #10
Always Watching...
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

It tends to depend on my mood, if something good's happened, I'm suddenly all hopeful about the future but the other way, and I get pretty deeply pessimistic. It's a bit sad but I do tend to expect the worst naturally for new things partly as it's a good feeling when something goes better than you hoped rather than vice versa and avoiding disappointment, so I guess pessimist in that respect, but at the same time, I hate thinking negatively so it swings quite a lot.

QUOTE(The-BrightPlaces @ Apr 28 2017, 11:21 PM) *

I would very much agree with this too! I very rarely share my pessimism so I do wonder if I'm seen as an optimist by others.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Apr 28 2017, 10:48 PM

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Apr 28 2017, 11:06 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

The difference between an optimist and a pessimist is that the pessimist knows the facts sad.gif

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Apr 29 2017, 06:24 AM
Post #12
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Apr 29 2017, 12:06 AM) *
The difference between an optimist and a pessimist is that the pessimist knows the facts sad.gif

That's quite a profound truth! ohmy.gif

I guess you could still know the facts and try to be optimistic about it, but perhaps that's a little naive?

Is there really a difference between a pessimist and a realist?

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Apr 29 2017, 08:12 AM
Post #13
All songs should chart like the NHS Choir (feat. Quavo)
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I am pessimistic, although looking at some of the people I hang out with makes me look like an optimist heehee.gif

+Quote Post
Cody S. Berry
post Apr 29 2017, 08:13 AM
Post #14
#Justice4SimoneBiles
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Apr 28 2017, 04:06 PM) *
lmao unfortunately

+Quote Post
danG
post Apr 29 2017, 09:53 AM
Post #15
putting the DAN (feat. Quavo) in dance music
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

My realism comes across to my family as being v pessimistic though they seem to understand it now. I sometimes let myself be more pessimistic than I perhaps should but I've got slightly better at that. In short, the glass is half empty.

+Quote Post
mdh (ft. Quavo)
post Apr 29 2017, 10:00 AM
Post #16
our love is untouchable
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I'm a total optimist - although if I were being asked this question 6 months ago I'd say the opposite. I've found the key to being happy is to always think the best of things and stay positive about everything: it definitely helps!

Since I got counselling my entire perspective on life turned full circle (my new attitude to life is why you don't tend to see the self depreciating jokes from me much anymore laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Roba
post Apr 29 2017, 11:11 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

Optimism is what I envy as I would like to be have a positive outlook on things or at least balanced. In terms of personal life though I'm extremely pessimistic, I don't know why I am exactly, lifelong depression I guess but I'm not happy with who I am and struggle with what things I can cling on to, to make myself believe I'm okay. I also find when anyone who knows me in rl says I'm kind or lovely or whatever I don't ever believe it because I have such a low opinion of myself. I think the last 4 years on and off have been some of the worst times ever thanks to acute depression & failed counselling help :'(
2015 was a bit more positive tho.

Having said I try my absolute hardest to believe in myself as a person & search for the positives & being happier is my goal in life.
I never really open up to people I don't know personally either.

This post has been edited by Rob S ~: Apr 29 2017, 11:14 AM

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Apr 29 2017, 11:17 AM
Post #18
hipstoria
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

I'd do the Paramore thing but I've been beaten to it tongue.gif

I'm definitely an optimist in my mind, I'm always trying to find the good side of things (I do it ALL the time on here without even thinking about it) even when I know things aren't quite that good, I very much believe in keeping other people's morale high. I don't think you should let pessimism drag anyone's mood down. But then I'm not always the most expressive person outwardly so that might come across as a bit... not optimistic to those who don't know me.

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Apr 29 2017, 11:22 AM
Post #19
//
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(mdh @ Apr 29 2017, 11:00 AM) *
(my new attitude to life is why you don't tend to see the self depreciating jokes from me much anymore laugh.gif)

but I loved them sad.gif They were the thing I most associated you with (screw being associated with musical artists on a music forum tbh). That being said, of course it's good that you've no actual reason to make them anymore though and for that, I'm happy for you. My self-deprecation has become more like self-pity, it's a fine line. I deactivated my Twitter because of it lol

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Apr 29 2017, 11:26 AM
Post #20
hipstoria
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

It is a fine line, and it's a good thing to try and move away from self-depreciation, at least not relying on it all the time, so good on you there Mdh. A well-placed and well-constructed one can be fantastic but when you're doing it all the time, it becomes a case of feeling too real to those you're talking to, rather than a joke. And if you can't find anything good to say about yourself, who else is going to?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2017 - 07:02 PM