BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How in touch are you with pop culture?, QQQQ
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mattias
post Apr 29 2017, 12:51 PM
Post #1
//
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

this is my QQQQ for UUUU xxxx

"Pop culture" is an extremely wide term and concept so this can probably be answered in a huge variety of ways, but that's why I'm asking biggrin.gif I'm curious about how in tune you think you are with things like what celebrities are doing, the latest buzzwords, the TV shows that everyone is talking about, awards shows, or even the poppiest of pop music.

I must be getting kinda old because I find that more and more pop culture references just seem to go over my head. Or I find out things quite late. At the very least I try to keep an open mind and hold on to a bit of knowledge about it. Maybe being on here for the last few years has made me become aware of more things but in general there are specific areas I'm interested in that I'm more in touch with.

wbu xx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jacob.
post Apr 29 2017, 01:05 PM
Post #2
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

QQQQ

I keep up with the things I'm interested in but get left behind with things I don't care so much about. I've certainly not been keeping up with the Kardashians. xx

I'm aware of celebrity culture and know some things about it but a lot that I do know is either through Buzzjack or wikipedia searches when I'm interested in someone's actual achievements (mostly music but also acting etc.).

This post has been edited by Jacob.: Apr 29 2017, 01:05 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Apr 29 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #3
One Mississippi you're here, luvin me with all your heart
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 21,161

Way too much laugh.gif The Kardashians etc are my guilty pleasure which horrifies me but I just can't turn off helppp. In terms of music I'd like to think I'm pretty up to date with what my faves are doing and when you're on music centered forums like Buzzjack and particularly ATRL (I'd never post there though) it's hard to avoid seeing music-related gossip.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post Apr 29 2017, 01:33 PM
Post #4
Paul Hyett
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

Not at all - and I'm very happy about that! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 29 2017, 01:33 PM
Post #5
Always Watching...
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Some areas I am, others I'm not. I try to keep up with and watch the most talked about films/TV shows/music, and I rely here/YouTube/Facebook for most of the online goings on. Celebrity/gossip stuff like the Kardashians and reality TV in general I don't give two shits about so I'm less likely to be up to date with them, and it is sometimes the reason I feel like 24 going on 90 magic.gif

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Apr 29 2017, 01:34 PM

+Quote Post
Mattias
post Apr 29 2017, 01:49 PM
Post #6
//
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

this is the most I have kept up with the Kardashians lately:

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Apr 29 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #7
Balegdah
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I'm very good at keeping up with the celebrity gossip and stuff, I'm nosy af and like to know what's going on in people's lives and love a bit of a scandal laugh.gif It's mostly just sort of Twitter and gossip sites I browse quickly when I'm on the bus, bored in a lecture, or waiting somewhere, I suppose it's the news version of having a comedy on Netflix in the background. It's something easy and doesn't take much time or resources to just glance at what Katie Price has done on TV today, what Kim Kardashian has done to her hair, or whatever.

Music I definitely keep up with, I always listen to the new releases on a Friday and in my friendship circle I'm normally the one who knows songs first and shows them to everyone. TV less so, I tend to watch the big Netflix things and ofc the stuff I'm interested in, but I watch less "actual" TV whereas my housemates seem to watch any old hyped drama on ITV or BBC just because everyone else does. I tend to be aware of them but just not bother watching them.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2017 - 01:17 AM