BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What piece of art describes you?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cucumberella
post May 1 2017, 10:26 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

Okay so I was suggested to do this for 'Movie' but I think I'll extend this beyond that for those who aren't into movies specifically!

To continue on the theme of getting to know Buzzjackers, I pose a different and mostly unanswered question that I think might shake it up a bit...

If you had to pick ONE piece of art to describe you or get an insight into your existence and you as a person, what would it be?

I understand piece of art is extremely vague so I'll give some ideas of what could be included...

- Films
- Musical albums (concept albums will work better for this...)
- Classical pieces
- Art pieces
- Short films etc.
- Theatre performances / musicals
- Art projects
- Exhibitions etc.

I think we all know a song that would best describe people or have an important part of people's lives so I'd like to avoid this if possible, and albums unless it does have a relation to you (try to avoid 'albums that soundtracked your life' as the question is a bit different if possible!)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bairlas
post May 1 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #2
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I'm going to have to have a good long think about this. My first instinct was like 'Legally Blonde' but yeah that's not my life, I just identify so much with the themes.

+Quote Post
cq(uavo)merqn
post May 1 2017, 10:35 PM
Post #3
brqr is a flop
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

My kind of art

+Quote Post
Bairlas
post May 1 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #4
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

What even is that?

+Quote Post
cq(uavo)merqn
post May 1 2017, 10:37 PM
Post #5
brqr is a flop
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

A chicken kebab

+Quote Post
ʙᴇᴀʀsᴇʏ
post May 1 2017, 10:42 PM
Post #6
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

This is probs a predictable af answer from me but I'd say Pvris as like a whole band because they are so on point with how they combine their music and their aesthetic, basically their overall artistry. I've already raved about this today but I can't get over how perfect they do everything. Lyrically I relate to so much of the stuff Lynn sings about but above that they consider every tiny detail of their image and sound. I legit don't know how to even explain it but their stuff is a whole other level in comparison to anything else I've seen. Like you listen to a song (LITERALLY ANY) and it's f***ing stunning right but then you listen to the lyrics properly and you're like oh shit and then you watch the video (they have them for all of their songs) and everything just clicks and it adds a whole other dimension to the music. All of their videos are in black and white, their album art is always black and white, the band wear black and white, their staging matches this, their merch matches this, the photography, the branding, everything is so in sync!!! Like THIS is what music should be, it's more than just noise it's proper art. The visual elements that go along with the music is what I'm so fascinated in, it's what I wanna be doing with my life, so Pvris isn't just my favourite band (aside from Paramore ofc but I love them for far different reasons) because I love their music, I love their entire existence and it symbolises everything I aspire to be doing with my life laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 06:40 AM