BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Songs that have now clicked
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 5th May 2017, 01:00 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Taken from another forum, which Madonna songs did you once dislike or were impartial to but now really enjoy?

Two songs that immediately come to mind are 'Live to Tell' and 'Take a Bow'. They're back to back on Celebration - the album that I first heard them, among a lot of Madonna songs, for the first time. They were just too slow and lasted too long, plus I was always eager to hear 'Beautiful Stranger' and the string of more uptempo songs that follow. As my tastes have developed, I've realised the beauty, poignancy and style of them and I regard both as two of Madonna's best work. 'Live to Tell' is a dramatic, mysterious, sometimes eerie/sometimes tender piece of art and 'Take a Bow' is gorgeous, poetic, intimate affair. Both declare themselves as something immediately special and I'm fully engaged with them throughout.

Another biggie would be 'Vogue' which I couldn't understand the love for. It was regarded as one of her best but it just seemed so... nothingy? I suppose it was just too unconventional for me, what with such a lengthy intro and a not particularly instant chorus (I wasn't really aware of the dance at the time, so I guess it didn't really make sense to me). Now it's probably quite comfortable in my ultimate Top 10 Madonna faves! laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 5th May 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #2
Group icon
User: 13,007
Vogue has always been instant for me! The other two yeah, they didn't click instantly for me.

A fair few of the Erotica album tracks (Words in particular) are starting to click with me. It's not my favourite album by any means but it does creep up in my affections whenever I return to it.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 5th May 2017, 05:52 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
I really couldn't get into GGW when it was announced as the second single I was not happy, but i now love it.

I didn't understand paradise or nobody's perfect from the music album but now they are included in my favourites list !!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 5th May 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I only recently started to properly appreciate 'La Isla Bonita'.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 6th May 2017, 01:26 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
QUOTE(HausofSZA @ May 5 2017, 06:07 PM) *
A fair few of the Erotica album tracks (Words in particular) are starting to click with me. It's not my favourite album by any means but it does creep up in my affections whenever I return to it.

Oh yes, it took me AGES to get into Erotica. I liked the more commercial stuff like 'Deeper & Deeper', 'Bad Girl' and 'Rain', plus I liked 'In This Life' because of its emotional power, but the rest I just found hard to even appreciate. Totally different story now. 'Where Life Begins', 'Waiting' and 'Words' are big highlights.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 02:09 PM