BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Re-released or remastered albums
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
dandy*
post May 6 2017, 09:07 AM
Post #1
Mansonette
Group: Members
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I'm having a relaxing Saturday morning listening my copy of Leftism 22 by Leftfield that arrived yesterday (and it remains fantastic wub.gif ), couple that with the news this week about OK Computer being remastered and re-released and it has got me thinking what other albums would people like to see given a fresh lease of life and what would you want to see featured on them?

This will probably be an unusual choice but I've always wanted a remastered version of the Chorus album by Erasure, coupled with a comprehensive second disc of the b-sides from that era as some of those were as strong as the album itself. I'd also love another update to Violator by Depeche Mode. I have most of the re-issued DM albums but I always found the quality of them to be a bit quiet when compared to other albums I listen to.

As for albums and artists that have already done this, I think the best ones I own are the Pet Shop Boys reissues with the second discs of b-sides, alternate and extended versions. They felt really comprehensive and who doesn't love having extended versions eh?

This post has been edited by dandy*: May 6 2017, 09:07 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
popchartfreak
post May 6 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

I'm shocked to hear the psb albums were reissued with bonus tracks and I somehow missed them! Hopefully all the New songs were on that double album I did buy but I need to check!

I think I would like Roy wood related albums Eg the move wizzard and solo to get the deluxe treatment

+Quote Post
dandy*
post May 6 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #3
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Really? You didn't spot the re-issues from PSB? ohmy.gif

It was the further listening editions from about 15 years ago maybe? If you type Pet Shop Boys Further Listening into google, you'll see them all soon enough.

+Quote Post
common sense
post May 10 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

I'd like them to remaster Tracy Chapman's classic first album as the CD has to be turned up high just to hear it at a normal listening level. Extras don't really interest me as much as a better sound.

One of the best remastered albums that I own is Rumours. The sound quality is far far better than the original cd release. They released it with Silver Springs stuck in the middle which I didn't want as I wanted the classic album as it was originally released on vinyl not how it might have been. Then they released the same remastered version but without Silver Springs so bought that. So if you're buying Rumours don't buy the late 80's/early 90's original CD but pay a bit more for the remastered one from I think 2010.

Haven't bothered with the remaster of Tango as have read that there's not much difference in sound quality and the original CDs sounded good, much better than Rumours.

This post has been edited by common sense: May 10 2017, 04:12 PM

+Quote Post
popchartfreak
post May 11 2017, 11:52 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dandy* @ May 6 2017, 06:59 PM) *
Really? You didn't spot the re-issues from PSB? ohmy.gif

It was the further listening editions from about 15 years ago maybe? If you type Pet Shop Boys Further Listening into google, you'll see them all soon enough.

Yes, I researched them, circa 2002 I think - a time when I was busy with other pursuits, clubbing and the like laugh.gif They go for silly money now which is annoying as there are plenty of tracks on them I don't have. Oops, that'll teach me not to pay attention! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post May 11 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #6
Black hole sun won't you come and wash away the rain
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

Positives:

+Some re-releases can contain bonus and previously unreleased material
+The occasional gatefold designs are cool

Negatives: Dunno.

+Quote Post
Colm
post Tuesday, 04:36 PM
Post #7
Yes, it's me.
Member No.: 9,885

I have the PSB ones of Actually and Behaviour. The Actually second cd is great.

I have Suede and Dog Man Start re-issues - DMS Disc 2's first 7 tracks are a great as any other album's first 7 tracks.

I have New Order's Lowlife and Technique - they're ok, I hear that they are not even complete. I've Tori Amo's LE, Manic EMG and THB. Violator.

I want a second disc of Manun's Six. Paul Draper says it is on the way.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2017 - 01:04 PM