BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Poll : General Election 2017 - voting intentions
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Who are you likely to vote for?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 42
Guests cannot vote 
vidcapper
post May 7 2017, 09:33 AM
Post #1
Paul Hyett
Group: Members
Member No.: 364
   No Gallery Pics

An obvious idea for a thread, but no-one seems to have started one yet. blink.gif

I've made the tactical question multiple choice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 7 2017, 10:02 AM
Post #2
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

I am planning to vote the Lib Dems this time around. I have voted Conservative in the past. However I do not agree with their current stance and the way Teresa May is taking the party.

I would happily vote Labour, but they are a joke of a party at the moment. Some good MPs, but the brunt of their leadership team is awful. While Corbyn has some good intentions, I cannot stand the guy politically. I blame the unions as much as anyone else for the mess that Labour are in.

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post May 7 2017, 10:16 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

When I'm eventually old enough to be able to vote then I think I'll go for Cons. Labour seem a bit of a mess tbh.

(Sarcasm ofc)

This post has been edited by cqmerqn: May 16 2017, 08:56 AM

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post May 7 2017, 10:19 AM
Post #4
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

"Other". I'm in Northern Ireland, so the major parties don't really field candidates here - the Conservatives do field some candidates here, but they usually decline to stand a candidate in my constituency. Ukip also sometimes field candidates here, but I don't think I'd vote for them if they stood in my neck of the wood.

I'm a bit of a floating voter, so it usually depends on who the candidate for each party is in each individual election. No idea who it'll be until they're announced though.

+Quote Post
Jester
post May 7 2017, 10:20 AM
Post #5
On Hold
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12

I'm shocked people actually vote Conservative. They are the party for the elite, not interested in working people's rights. Baffled!

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post May 7 2017, 10:21 AM
Post #6
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Now that I'm in England my preference would be a Green vote but I'll be voting for Labour slightly tactically to stem off the UKIP to Tory switchers. My new constituency voted leave and like large swathes of GM isn't exactly wealthy

+Quote Post
danG
post May 7 2017, 10:21 AM
Post #7
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

All the three major parties (Lab/Con/Lib) seem to be either messy or terrible but at the moment I'm thinking Lab as they seem to have good intentions even if Jeremy isn't exactly the best leader ever and Diane Abbott is laughably awful.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post May 7 2017, 10:27 AM
Post #8
Howdy, disco citizens.
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jester @ May 7 2017, 11:20 AM) *
I'm shocked people actually vote Conservative. They are the party for the elite, not interested in working people's rights. Baffled!

If you'd like to unweave your bafflement, I'd recommend reading "The Righteous Mind" by Jonathan Haidt, which explains exactly why conservative parties like the Tories have great advantages over left-leaning parties that the Labour Party in its current form at this very moment.

And I shall continue banging on about said book until someone else on this board gets around to reading it.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post May 7 2017, 10:27 AM
Post #9
wtf are perfect places
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Yeh, none of them in their current state are appealing to me. Given the how the results are going to end up though, my current intention is to vote Labour to just throw some support towards blocking this one party state that we're heading towards.

+Quote Post
mdh
post May 7 2017, 10:28 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I would choose the Green Party in a heartbeat, but sadly I know in the end it'd be worth more to vote Labour. I agree with most of Labour's policies and besides, they're INFINITELY better than the conservatives puke.gif

+Quote Post
Iz~
post May 7 2017, 10:37 AM
Post #11
see you space cowboy
Member No.: 12,929

Liberal Democrat, because they and Labour are pretty much equally good in my mind, I have voted for both in the past, both have strengths and policies that I like at the moment, my dream government would be (and has pretty much always been) a Lib/Lab coalition and Liberal edges it over Labour because where I am, that's the sensible anti-Tory choice, plus, Europe is still strong on my list of priorities.

That's not really tactical, at the moment I'd be ecstatic if the Lib Dems won my constituency and we have a good candidate for that.

+Quote Post
burbe
post May 7 2017, 11:18 AM
Post #12
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I'll be voting Lib Dems, I'm interested to see how much of a resurgence there will be in my area because LD were knocked quite low in 2015. But there's been more interest recently over the EU policies. I might well have to vote Labour though tactically because it's looking like a very close race between Labour and Tories.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post May 7 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #13
WINTER IS COMING
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(Klaus @ May 7 2017, 11:27 AM) *
Yeh, none of them in their current state are appealing to me. Given the how the results are going to end up though, my current intention is to vote Labour to just throw some support towards blocking this one party state that we're heading towards.

We won't be a one party state once Labour ditches Soclialism and moves back to the Centre-Left. But for that to happen Labour need to be dismantled a bit in the election. Until they try and win the flip voters nothing will change.

+Quote Post
Jester
post May 7 2017, 11:28 AM
Post #14
On Hold
Member No.: 12

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ May 7 2017, 11:27 AM) *
If you'd like to unweave your bafflement, I'd recommend reading "The Righteous Mind" by Jonathan Haidt, which explains exactly why conservative parties like the Tories have great advantages over left-leaning parties that the Labour Party in its current form at this very moment.

And I shall continue banging on about said book until someone else on this board gets around to reading it.

I may well read it then!

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post May 7 2017, 11:34 AM
Post #15
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ May 7 2017, 11:27 AM) *

I'm surprised you didn't mention Hayek's 'The Road To Serfdom'. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post May 7 2017, 11:38 AM
Post #16
must be love on the brain 💕
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 21,161

100% SNP for me! They've given Scotland the treatment it deserves since 2015 and are the only party with any sense north of the border minus maybe the Greens. Might even go out and do some canvassing with my local party, we'll need all the help we can get as national swing based on the last poll has our seat falling to the tories drama.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post May 7 2017, 12:29 PM
Post #17
Howdy, disco citizens.
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(vidcapper @ May 7 2017, 12:34 PM) *
I'm surprised you didn't mention Hayek's 'The Road To Serfdom'. smile.gif

Never read it, and doubt it's my thing - Libertarianism doesn't float my boat.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post May 7 2017, 12:32 PM
Post #18
Always Watching...
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Rooney @ May 7 2017, 11:02 AM) *
I am planning to vote the Lib Dems this time around. I have voted Conservative in the past. However I do not agree with their current stance and the way Teresa May is taking the party.

I would happily vote Labour, but they are a joke of a party at the moment. Some good MPs, but the brunt of their leadership team is awful. While Corbyn has some good intentions, I cannot stand the guy politically. I blame the unions as much as anyone else for the mess that Labour are in.

I am in the same boat (although I've never voted Conservative), the Lib Dems have got back on track for me since Clegg left and I feel they are the best option for my own political beliefs at the moment, I just can't bring myself to support Labour when they're such a mess. I think it would be better for them to absolutely annihilated so they can at least partially start on the road to recovery.

If I were voting tactically, I'd obviously vote Labour just to stop the Tories, but it's not like the result's in any doubt so it's a bit pointless rlly.

+Quote Post
LexC
post May 7 2017, 12:40 PM
Post #19
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

In my deep blue part of the country it's literally just a matter of pure virtue signalling since the winner is pre-determined. At the moment, having gone through all of the parties and thinking through it, at this point I think I will just suck it up and go for Labour whilst hoping for Corbyn's resignation on the morning of June 9th.

+Quote Post
vidcapper
post May 8 2017, 06:14 AM
Post #20
Paul Hyett
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ May 7 2017, 01:32 PM) *
If I were voting tactically, I'd obviously vote Labour just to stop the Tories,

but it's not like the result's in any doubt so it's a bit pointless rlly.

I heard that said a lot before 23rd June last year... wink.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 07:30 AM