BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EUROVISION
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
cq(uavo)merqn
post May 7 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Do you watch it? If so why do you watch it and if no then why don't u watch it etc...

I only watch the final bc I like to be surprised at the songs etc but I LOVE it when we get the weirdos presenting the scores from their country laugh.gif

We always get pizza when it's Eurovision too sleep.gif

u?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oliver
post May 7 2017, 07:34 PM
Post #2
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

This will be my 21st Eurovision (the first one I watched was when we won with Katrina and the Waves). Saturday is normally my going out day so I get nicely tipsy, order a kebab and we watch it as a family (even though my mam and dad talk through it and criticise every song). laugh.gif

I watch the semi-finals as well.

+Quote Post
Bairlas
post May 7 2017, 07:36 PM
Post #3
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Am missing SF2 live in favour of the Europa League Semifinal but I'll catch up after. I'm fond of Eurovision and was fortunate enough to go to Stockholm last year to see it

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 7 2017, 07:36 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I really enjoy watching the annual Eurovision final, the first one I watched was the 2007 final (the iconic Verka Serduchka being in that one *.*) so my introduction to United Kingdom entries was 'Flying The Flag' :') I prefer to just watch the final for the element of surprise, but usually can't resist checking out the UK entry and this year I actually did watch parts of Melodifestivalen for the first time. This year I am going on holiday the day of the Eurovision final ohmy.gif so probably won't be tuning in to the whole thing for the first time in years, but will try and catch as much of it as possible on the TV in a Spanish villa.

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post May 7 2017, 07:48 PM
Post #5
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(Jade @ May 7 2017, 08:36 PM) *
the first one I watched was the 2007 final (the iconic Verka Serduchka being in that one *.*) so my introduction to United Kingdom entries was 'Flying The Flag' :')

Twinsies! That's the first one I purposefully sat down to watch it in full, with my scorecard.

I would downright refuse to go on holiday during Eurovision (unless the holiday was to the event ofc! My best friend from work is flying out to Ukraine this evening and I'm not at all jealous). A couple of years ago I went on holiday with my parents the day after Eurovision and yes that was clever planning on my part.

+Quote Post
Lorderella
post May 7 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #6
broadcast the boom boom boom boom
Member No.: 4,397

EUROVISION IS LOVE

EUROVISION IS LIFE

EUROVISION IS EVERYTHING

+Quote Post
danG
post May 7 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #7
putting the DAN (feat. Quavo) in dance music
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ May 7 2017, 08:36 PM) *
I really enjoy watching the annual Eurovision final, the first one I watched was the 2007 final (the iconic Verka Serduchka being in that one *.*) so my introduction to United Kingdom entries was 'Flying The Flag' :') I prefer to just watch the final for the element of surprise, but usually can't resist checking out the UK entry and this year I actually did watch parts of Melodifestivalen for the first time. This year I am going on holiday the day of the Eurovision final ohmy.gif so probably won't be tuning in to the whole thing for the first time in years, but will try and catch as much of it as possible on the TV in a Spanish villa.

In which case you can vote for the UK entry this year!!1 Not that you'd want to but still..

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post May 7 2017, 08:22 PM
Post #8
Always Watching...
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I've watched it routinely every year since 2007! (same as Jade and Jahq ;o), I do love it and I've actually come to discover some quite good music from it in recent years (mainly thanks to joining a website full of euroloons kink.gif), I'm not fussed with how we do, our songs are always shit and I'm much more interested to see what other countries bring and the amazingly bonkers shows that are put on and the inevitable 'politics!11' arguments that come when we deservedly bomb.

That said, I feel like it's losing it's fun a little bit over recent years, I feel like we never have anything like Verka Serduchka or the Russian grannies anymore sad.gif and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't things like that that kept me coming back.

Another fave <3

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: May 7 2017, 08:23 PM

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post May 7 2017, 08:23 PM
Post #9
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Oliver @ May 7 2017, 08:34 PM) *
This will be my 21st Eurovision (the first one I watched was when we won with Katrina and the Waves). Saturday is normally my going out day so I get nicely tipsy, order a kebab and we watch it as a family (even though my mam and dad talk through it and criticise every song). laugh.gif

I watch the semi-finals as well.

Funnily enough, 1997's Eurovision was the first one I watched as well. A pretty great one to start with, all things considered.

I usually try to watch the two semis if I can, and always try to watch the final if I am able to (including when I was in America - I don't know how I could explain it to the average American though). Usually watch it as a family as well, taking the proverbial out of each act like we were a collection of Graham Nortons.

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post May 7 2017, 08:27 PM
Post #10
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

My favourite entries are the ones where absolutely no f**** were given by the selection panel, which includes the "We Are The Winners" song by Latvia from 2006, El Chiki Chiki from Spain in 2008, and this piddle-take from Austria in 2003 -

Absolutely ruddy love France's entry from 2010. Even now I can't get that song out of my head. Plus those hips - if anything could turn me, it's those -

+Quote Post
JosephStyles
post May 7 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #11
dreadlocked hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

I've only been watching since 2013, but I'll make sure to watch both semis and the final, whilst only hearing a small amount of entries beforehand (only heard five from 2017's bunch so far, one of which is our own). Will be missing the final this year though as I'm out at a Vamps concert, bigger priority *.*

+Quote Post
cq(uavo)merqn
post May 7 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Eurovision > Vamps tbqh

+Quote Post
danG
post May 7 2017, 08:38 PM
Post #13
   No Gallery Pics

First one I watched was 2011 and I've been watching ever since. Also watched the semi-finals since 2014, though the rest of my family only watch the final. The topics of 'our song is shit', 'Europe hates us' and 'why is it so long?' never fail to come up, that's half the fun though.

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post May 7 2017, 08:48 PM
Post #14
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(cqmerqn @ May 7 2017, 09:33 PM) *
Eurovision > Vamps tbqh

At least that's more of a fair fight. The thought of choosing football over Eurovision makes me sick to my stomach xo

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ May 7 2017, 09:22 PM) *
That said, I feel like it's losing it's fun a little bit over recent years, I feel like we never have anything like Verka Serduchka or the Russian grannies anymore sad.gif and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't things like that that kept me coming back.

My friend, just wait for some of the treats that 2017 has in store!

+Quote Post
Iz~
post May 7 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #15
consentes dei Juno Jupiter Minerva
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

QUOTE(J▲hq @ May 7 2017, 09:48 PM) *
My friend, just wait for some of the treats that 2017 has in store!

*.*

Yeah, this year has a good glut of 'fun' tracks if that's what you're here for. Which I am, been watching since 2010 and have enjoyed both the music and marking the trajectory of every country ever since (it appeals to me in the same way that international sports competitions appeal to me on that level).

+Quote Post
danG
post May 7 2017, 08:51 PM
Post #16
   No Gallery Pics

I know we've got a dancing gorilla and the return of Epic Sax Guy *_* but what else?

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 7 2017, 08:54 PM
Post #17
Balegdah
Member No.: 10,139

I think I've watche since 2003, I was only 6 but it's always been a thing at home and now I'm at uni we've got a tradition to watch it and get a takeaway laugh.gif We're banning two of our housemates from the living room during it bc they talk through everything and NOBODY messes with eurovision everyone will have to stfu laugh.gif I'll just watch the semis on rabbit like last year but the final has always been a social event even if it's just watching it at home with my mum. Got bets this year as usual too, hopefully win this time laugh.gif

QUOTE(danG @ May 7 2017, 09:51 PM) *
I know we've got a dancing gorilla and the return of Epic Sax Guy *_* but what else?

Romania's mix of a 2010 UK #1 and yodelling *.*

+Quote Post
LexC
post May 7 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #18
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

I am...I wouldn't say an obsessive but the stage below that...an enthusiast (there we are) of Eurovision. It is well good and that innit!

I've got two years on Jade, Jahq and Tom as the first one I saw was 2005 (funnily enough the last time it was in this year's host city Kyiv) where Greece won and I've watched every year without fail since, including the semi finals since 2011.

Love Love Peace Peace to all!

+Quote Post
LexC
post May 7 2017, 08:58 PM
Post #19
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

QUOTE(danG @ May 7 2017, 09:51 PM) *

Croatia. You have been warned!

+Quote Post
danG
post May 7 2017, 09:01 PM
Post #20
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ May 7 2017, 09:54 PM) *
Romania's mix of a 2010 UK #1 and yodelling *.*
omg yodelling *_* searched for it on YT and it does not disappoint.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 02:27 PM