BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sharing and generosity, independent women x
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post May 8 2017, 03:42 PM
Post #1
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Sort of interesting topic brought up by Lotti in the ketchup thread I thought I'd explore.

This is more for those who live with people who aren't their family like at uni or in a house share or whatever I suppose, but how do you feel about sharing and buying stuff with your housemates/flatmates? Or if you live at home do you buy your own stuff, and to what extent? And to a greater level, how generous are you in sharing your stuff or giving people stuff?

--------

I live with 5 others in a uni house and we pretty much buy our own stuff, the exception being cleaning stuff, toilet roll etc. but funnily enough it's the same few actually bothering to buy that (me and my two best friends). Us three tend to sort of share stuff, well not so much share but I'll just ask to use a bit of foil or butter or something if I ran out and didn't realise until I went to have dinner or whatever. The others can take a hike, they wouldn't so much as give a square of toilet roll to anyone else laugh.gif I feel like it's maybe different living with your friends, we all moved in as friends but it's a bit fractured recently laugh.gif We'd often have meals together but that hasn't happened since Christmas I don't think because everyone took the piss with the same people cooking every time and others barely bothering to wash up.

As for generosity without blowing my own trumpet I feel like I'm probably the most generous of my friends. Not to the point of being an absolute mug but I'll always buy people drinks when we're out and I don't mind paying for things for people I know will do the same for me. Some people you know wouldn't give you a penny if you were destitute so they again can take a hike but life is about more than money and I'd rather be nice to people and share things.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post May 8 2017, 03:51 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I can't relate to the Uni house thing as I commute, but I feel like being in that situation would be quite frustrating with people's different levels of generosity. It is annoying enough at home when my brother acts like it is the end of the world if I take a can of pepsi out of his mini fridge when there are like 20 in there, but if it was the other way round it wouldn't bother me at all. Personally I think I have always been a generous person and have no problem sharing things. It feels good to just treat those you care about every now and then. I don't mind buying a drink for a friend or offering to pay for a takeaway for my household, but as you say Liam I'm not an 'absolute mug' either and would not let people take the piss out of my generous nature.

+Quote Post
*Tim
post May 8 2017, 04:57 PM
Post #3
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 16,660

I share my toilet paper, but aint no bitch touching my food.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post May 8 2017, 07:29 PM
Post #4
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Most of my Uni experience has been with en-suites so Loo roll has remained a non-shareable item. Which is good as I prefer Quilted Velvet and I ain't sharing with some cheap twat buying budget shit from Lidl.

I've always done like shared communal items where it's made sense to do so - when I've been living with decent peeps. So when I lived at St Andrews the milk was communal and we shared things like oil and pans/plates/cutlery and took it in turns to buy communal items like washing liquid.

When I lived in Australia we had a flat kitty and everyone chipped in at the start of the year if you bought a cleaning supply or loo roll (the only shared bathroom I ever had) then you reimbursed yourself from the kitty. Actually worked out really well. Meant there was never any arguments about whose turn it was to buy something

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 03:55 PM