BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RELYING
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ᴄᴀɴɴɪʙᴀʟɪɴᴅs.
post May 8 2017, 09:23 PM
Post #1
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I guess I'm continuing on a little bit from Liams recent topic on opening up but I want to know, how reliant are you on people? Are you quite trusting or does it take a lot before you can put all your eggs into someone else's basket as they say?

Recent events have caused me to think I should never rely on people again when it comes to academic stuff. Group projects are the worst, especially if it's only you and one other person and the person you're working with doesn't do their bit and ends up dragging you down with them. With uni stuff and even at work I'm very much independent and I won't go to other people if I don't absolutely have to. When it comes to personal things though I probably am too trusting, like there's been many times where I've thought why did I rely on this person to keep that to themselves or trust them with something or confided in them when I really didn't need to and most likely shouldn't have laugh.gif I think there's been too many times I've been let down etc :')

So what about you guys? How do y'all feel about relying on folk, do you have any stories about times where it really paid off or didn't at all? Do you think so many bad experiences of trusting people should deter you from trusting/relying on others in the future as much as it often does?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post May 8 2017, 09:41 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Omg I have already ranted about this a bit in the WUU2 thread but I really cannot deal with group projects at Uni. I am extremely independent when it comes to academic work so having to rely on others to pull their weight as well is a real chore. Other members being lazy and having a clash of ideas is just too much hassle on top of the stress that Uni projects already bring. Doing my own thing is so much better.

IRL I am trusting of a select few that are very close to me but that is about it. I remember I put my trust in one of my best friends at the time in secondary school, telling her loads about what went down between me and my crazy ex-girlfriend, I was in a bad place and needed to vent and she swore not to say anything to ANYONE... yet she went and told said ex-girlfriend everything smile.gif I think that was my first and most impactful incident of broken trust. Quickly learnt that even those that may seem like very close friends can not be reliable. We were about age 14 at the time so I'd like to put some of it down to schoolgirl immaturity/gossiping to seem cool and in the know, but it was still unacceptable and made me more wary of what I told people.

At least in person I generally find it hard to open up to people so I don't think I am reliant on my IRL friends, I am probably a lot more reliant on some of you guys to keep me sane for reasons I stated in Liam's thread laugh.gif I am an optimist anyway and can usually pull myself through situations, but I am human and have my messy moments so it is always nice to have people that will be there for you when you need a laugh in stressful times. I haven't had my trust broken to a significant degree since school so I'd like to think I have surrounded myself with the right people in recent times.

+Quote Post
HowtoCookMattias
post May 27 2017, 05:08 PM
Post #3
boo~
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

For some reason it just very rarely occurs to me to ask someone for a favour. It's not even that I feel I've been let down too many times or anything like that, it's just that I'm so independently minded (a blessing and a curse).

I'm getting better at not telling people things about myself just because I can, I'm more discerning about what to say now. That being said, I wouldn't say I have a problem with trust. I'm not very hard on people, I don't really expect them to be anything and I'm pretty aware that people are some pretty messed up creatures and perfection doesn't come by much.

+Quote Post
Spun's Labyrinth
post May 27 2017, 11:44 PM
Post #4
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

I try not to create scenarios where I have to rely on people laugh.gif as with most things I like to keep whatever I can to myself. I feel more secure that way and in control (and I really hate when people rely on me so I guess that's more likely the main reason!)

Oh well done Mattias you read my mind once again rotf.gif

This post has been edited by ReyOfSpunShine: May 27 2017, 11:45 PM

+Quote Post
Sonia Fowler
post May 28 2017, 09:41 AM
Post #5
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

Hmm I consider myself to be an independent person which also helps that I do have trust issues so both contribute to the fact I don't rely on othera really.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post May 28 2017, 11:16 AM
Post #6
Just another burden on the welfare state
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I hate relying on people, when I'm planning things in a group I just end up doing most of it myself because I know the others won't pull their weight unless it's absolutely necessary. I also hardly ever ask favours from others, I just don't trust people laugh.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post May 31 2017, 07:51 PM
Post #7
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I'm not a very ~open~ person so self-reliance really goes hand in hand with that. I have a fiercely independent streak to my personality so I really dislike other people paying for things, unless we're operating a round system like a friend and I have when we go for dinner, or relying on other people for pretty much anything. The closest to using someone for emotional support I really get is a teddy bear.

At work it's different you have to count and rely on others so that you can do your job and I'm just about ok with that. I'm a little bit of a control freak so as long as I'm in the loop I'm usually a-ok.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:27 PM