BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who Is The New Queen of Pop?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Who is the new Madonna?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 42
Guests cannot vote 
Yeasty Clutch
post May 11 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #1
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Who do you think is the new Madonna? Is there one in this generation? Or is Madonna basically like Michael Jackson - one of a kind? There is no new Michael Jackson, although, somehow, trash pop brat is coming close in impact and sales...

I have included the most relevant names for right now.

However, it has become obvious of late that the front-runners are Beyoncé, as it is a la mode to be sycophantic towards her and act like she is the best ever with the best ever albums, though 25 was miles ahead of Lemonade, and Taylor Swift. However, Taylor Swift is a bit of a Regina George. This Regina Georgeness though gives her the ambition to be the biggest and better than her MAAANY rivals. The downside here is many people are turned off by her bitchiness, and her gimmick of using men then throwing them away for fame and songs, ala Harry Styles, will not last forever. Rihanna has a chance, being able to switch between ghetto beats and pop, but she had a SERIOUS taster of what's to come when the first singles flopped. Work saved ha. Katy and GaGa are too cheesy and don't seem to have staying power or the ambition to even be queens of pop. I can't see Adele being the next Madonna, as Madonna was all about reinvention and different POP styles.

So out of this, I'm going to say that either there is only ONE Madonna per generation and we doj't have one, OR the ex Destny's Child singer has, amazingly, done it! Who'd have thought, 14 years ago, that the main singer from Destiny's Child - especially before they became big with I'm a Survivor, etc, and took over from the Spicey Ones - would be the new Madonna! Beyoncé has the strengths of a big, albeit emotionless, voice, sycophants, the ability like Rihanna to switch between ghetto beats, rnb and pop, and being married to one of the biggest names behind the scenes in American music.

What do y'all think??
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausofSZA
post May 11 2017, 04:43 PM
Post #2
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 13,007

There is no Madonna in this generation. Not until they're the most successful female artist of all time ~

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 11 2017, 04:45 PM
Post #3
Balegdah
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

There isn't' a Madonna, and never will be, but Lady Gaga is the queen of pop currently no question.

+Quote Post
lotita
post May 11 2017, 04:46 PM
Post #4
feminist icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,777

QUOTE(Liаm @ May 11 2017, 05:45 PM) *
There isn't' a Madonna, and never will be, but Lady Gaga is the queen of pop currently no question.

this is the only valid opinion x

+Quote Post
danG
post May 11 2017, 04:48 PM
Post #5
putting the DAN (feat. Quavo) in dance music
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Godele.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 11 2017, 04:49 PM
Post #6
Balegdah
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Rihanna - Whitney (NOBODY can come even close to Whitney vocally but she has among the best vocals of the big pop girls and has the same star power and versaility Whitney had)
Ariana - Janet Jackson

+Quote Post
Yeasty Clutch
post May 11 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #7
   No Gallery Pics

I always thought Britney, channeling her sexuality, and her dance moves, was the new Janet. her career lasted about the same length of time, too.

+Quote Post
Yeasty Clutch
Post #8
   No Gallery Pics

Could Adele = Cher, or Celine Dione?

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
Post #9
All songs should chart like the NHS Choir (feat. Quavo)
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Gaga was the person who popped into my head before I saw the options so I'll go with her biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
Post #10
Bovril Lasagna
Member No.: 5,572

Jo O'Meara

+Quote Post
lotita
post May 11 2017, 04:52 PM
Post #11
feminist icon

i really don't think taylor will ever earn a "legend" status tbh, even though i could easily see the other artists here doing so

+Quote Post
JosephStyles🐶
post May 11 2017, 04:53 PM
Post #12
long hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

QUOTE(Regina @ May 11 2017, 05:50 PM) *
Jo O'Meara

!!!! this is the correct answer *.*

+Quote Post
Regina
post May 11 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #13
Bovril Lasagna
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(JosephStyles🐶 @ May 11 2017, 05:53 PM) *
!!!! this is the correct answer *.*

One might say her slayage is......Relentless.

+Quote Post
Tombo
post May 11 2017, 04:56 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 9,543

QUOTE(Liаm @ May 11 2017, 05:49 PM) *
Rihanna - Whitney (NOBODY can come even close to Whitney vocally but she has among the best vocals of the big pop girls and has the same star power and versaility Whitney had)
Ariana - Janet Jackson

Oh please, she isn't even a Rebbie!

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post May 11 2017, 05:00 PM
Post #15
Together we are more.
Member No.: 5,042

Obviously because I'm a head in the Clouds defensive fan, I voted for Katy Perry. smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yeasty Clutch
post May 11 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #16
   No Gallery Pics

I am surprised no one is voting for Beyoncé tbh!! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 11 2017, 05:15 PM
Post #17
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Michelle McManus

+Quote Post
liamk97
post May 11 2017, 05:17 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,472

We had this discussion in the Madonna AF last year and it's quite a difficult question to give a definitive answer to: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190949

I feel like only Rihanna and Lady Gaga's 2009-11 period have come close to emulating the massive hysteria and global impact that Madonna has set. When I think back to the eras of The Fame and Loud, I feel like that's a taste of the sort of dominance that Madonna has had. Rihanna's had a much more sustained period of such impact and has only recently shown signs of declining (but then I could easily see her reversing that). I don't think Beyonce has ever had an era that is of the same sort of inescapable craziness but I think her critical acclaim, especially with these last two albums of hers, is the closest to matching that of Madonna.

Only these three artists have a leg to stand on when compared to the impact Madonna had. Obviously there's Adele but I feel she's too different an artist to compare - she's not a "popstar" who challenges convention or anything like that.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post May 11 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #19
Together we are more.
Member No.: 5,042

QUOTE(liamk97 @ May 11 2017, 06:17 PM) *
We had this discussion in the Madonna AF last year and it's quite a difficult question to give a definitive answer to: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190949

I feel like only Rihanna and Lady Gaga's 2009-11 period have come close to emulating the massive hysteria and global impact that Madonna has set. When I think back to the eras of The Fame and Loud, I feel like that's a taste of the sort of dominance that Madonna has had. Rihanna's had a much more sustained period of such impact and has only recently shown signs of declining (but then I could easily see her reversing that). I don't think Beyonce has ever had an era that is of the same sort of inescapable craziness but I think her critical acclaim, especially with these last two albums of hers, is the closest to matching that of Madonna.

Only these three artists have a leg to stand on when compared to the impact Madonna had. Obviously there's Adele but I feel she's too different an artist to compare - she's not a "popstar" who challenges convention or anything like that.
Definitely agree with this, ultimately, although I do believe Britney is the closest we've ever gotten to a "nu Madonna" (especially with her first 4 eras) - but I also think Britney has kind of transcended into her own category imo (eg. you have your Beatles/Rolling Stones/Madonna/Michael Jackson/Whitney/Britney's etc..)

But this summary is definitely the best definition I've seen, especially from the current big pop girls.

+Quote Post
lotita
post May 11 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #20
feminist icon

britney is definitely in a league on her own!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2017 - 01:03 PM