BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maturity
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
cqmerqn
post May 15 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #1
brerqr & mqh are floppqs!!
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

I guess this thread is mostly for younger peeps, but I guess the same could apply for older people.

The question is, do you act your age? Does it differ from how you act offline?

For me, I very much act my age on social media and BJ, whereas irl I think I'm v mature and not at all 'childish' for my age.

You?? huh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Quavo (ft Quavo)
post May 15 2017, 06:08 PM
Post #2
[vs. Quavo, Quavo & Quavo] (Quavo Remix) -
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I think overall I do act my age - I'm a bit "Michael" in some senses on Buzzjack but underneath that I'm pretty much bang on my age, don't think anyone would guess I'm any older or younger.

In real life it depends on who I'm with - when with close friends we're joking around constantly therefore I'm somewhat immature in those circumstances ~ but if I need to act mature I can. I've got common sense unlike some others my age.

+Quote Post
burbe
post May 15 2017, 06:20 PM
Post #3
Lusts for Life
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

If you mean, do I like watching Homes Under The Hammer with a brew when I've got nothing better to do, then yes tongue.gif

I think in general I'm quite mature for my age, particularly when compared to my sister. Some people, when introduced to us, think we're either the same age or I'm older, when she's actually 4 years older than me. But with sense of humour, sometimes I'm a little immature.

+Quote Post
BillyH
post May 15 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,614
   No Gallery Pics

I still think I have a few years catching up to do. I stubbornly hung onto my teens until well into my twenties, and now I'm 28 I still don't feel like someone approaching 30.

It depresses me sometimes but everyone's different I guess.

+Quote Post
lotita
post May 15 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #5
feminist icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,777

On here I'd say I'd act my age and when I'm being silly with my friends, however in general I'm quite mature and I think this has come from working customer service since 16. I'm really comfortable talking to adults a lot older than me, and wouldn't find it weird or awkward going out for meals etc. with older coworkers in the slightest! I also think I can come across as a lot more intelligent than I actually am oops

+Quote Post
burbe
post May 15 2017, 06:26 PM
Post #6
Lusts for Life
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(l♀tita @ May 15 2017, 07:24 PM) *
On here I'd say I'd act my age and when I'm being silly with my friends, however in general I'm quite mature and I think this has come from working customer service since 16. I'm really comfortable talking to adults a lot older than me, and wouldn't find it weird or awkward going out for meals etc. with older coworkers in the slightest! I also think I can come across as a lot more intelligent than I actually am oops

Oh yeah this is the same for me! I'm very at ease and get on well with older people. Where I worked last year, the person I shared my desk area with was 39 and we got on so well (probably more so than those my own age who worked there).

+Quote Post
lotita
post May 15 2017, 06:27 PM
Post #7
feminist icon

QUOTE(burbe @ May 15 2017, 07:20 PM) *
If you mean, do I like watching Homes Under The Hammer with a brew when I've got nothing better to do, then yes tongue.gif

I think in general I'm quite mature for my age, particularly when compared to my sister. Some people, when introduced to us, think we're either the same age or I'm older, when she's actually 4 years older than me. But with sense of humour, sometimes I'm a little immature.

everyone thinks my brother is older than me because he's a lot taller and has a really deep voice sad.gif we're both quite loud and passionate about politics so we both end up in the political corner debating with other family members at meetups hahaha :')

also it doesn't help that before speaking to me, most strangers assume I'm doing GCSE or A Levels still, the amount of surprise I get from some people when they realise how woke I am x

+Quote Post
awardinary
post May 15 2017, 06:27 PM
Post #8
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

So tempted to not act my age right now and make some snarling remarks, but I'll reserve them for later! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
burbe
post May 15 2017, 06:30 PM
Post #9
Lusts for Life
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(awardinary @ May 15 2017, 07:27 PM) *
So tempted to not act my age right now and make some snarling remarks, but I'll reserve them for later! laugh.gif

Don't bite your tongue if you want to say something!!

+Quote Post
lotita
post May 15 2017, 06:30 PM
Post #10
feminist icon

i'm going to guess one of these remarks is going to be aimed at me- so go ahead! i've already told you before, I have nothing against your age, I speak to many other people around your age on BJ. I only have issues with your attitude

+Quote Post
HausofSZA
post May 15 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #11
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 13,007

SZA: "feel like maturity is overrated"

She somes it up perfectly for me.

I have always seemed a few years younger than I actually am in terms of maturity. I started going out a couple of years after everyone else and have always seemed behind everyone else. I enjoy it though, and don't want to start being ""grown up"" whatever that means so i'm ok ~

+Quote Post
UltraGreenLight
post May 15 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #12
To Be Young & In Love 💜
Member No.: 20,947
   No Gallery Pics

With like adults I'd say I'm really mature and mature most of the time with family as well and I say I probs act a couple of years above my age.
Social media I say I act about my age, though quite mature, definitely more mature when compared to when I started on this site and acted like an 8 year old for my first few months on here laugh.gif kink.gif
With friends I'd say I act around my age and not rly mature at all!

I have no clue if that makes any sense at all drama.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post May 15 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #13
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

I can relate to Lotti and Burbe with the work thing, I feel like I get on with some of my older colleagues (both in age and how long they've worked for the company) more than the younger guys.

In general I think with how I act I'm pretty mature and I think having a sister and brother who are 16 and 14 years older than me has helped. But my sense of humour could be quite immature, depending on the company.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post May 15 2017, 07:09 PM
Post #14
All songs should chart like the NHS Choir (feat. Quavo)
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I act WAY older than I actually am - I see people I know chucking paaer and stuff around in college and I think 'you're really immature enough to do THAT??' but in reality it's just because I'm stupidly over-mature laugh.gif Ik people on this forum have mistaken me for being a lot older than I am as well, and I can see that in myself. Physical activities that make me look stupid are a big NO for me as well, but for other people my age they really get into the competition! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
lotita
post May 15 2017, 07:18 PM
Post #15
feminist icon

sports an interesting one! when I used to ride that really helped with my maturity as I'd be dealing with adults from quite a young age, when I used to have professional instructors etc I had to act professional myself around them laugh.gif whenever (if ever atm) I go to the gym I feel like a kid again, I'm so weak and never have any idea what I'm doing :')

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post May 15 2017, 07:23 PM
Post #16
Always Watching...
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I've always felt older than those of my age group, maybe it's cos I don't have that 'wild' side and my ideal Friday night has always been a night in watching TV with a cup of tea rather than clubbing kink.gif I'm the oldest child in my family so that may have helped, but I've always been the 'young one' in my uni house and places I've worked which has made me feel the other way so it goes both ways!

I do like to think I am mature though, certainly with new people and I'm also comfortable talking with older people like some others said, and I'm happy to keep it that way. Can't really be dealing with immaturity.

+Quote Post
jakewild
post May 15 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #17
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

lotti and maturity i'm leaving

+Quote Post
lotita
post May 15 2017, 07:30 PM
Post #18
feminist icon

QUOTE(jakewild @ May 15 2017, 08:28 PM) *
lotti and maturity i'm leaving

jackewild

that was a personal attack

+Quote Post
jakewild
post May 15 2017, 07:35 PM
Post #19
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(l♀tita @ May 15 2017, 08:30 PM) *
jackewild

that was a personal attack

this is the reason i blocked you on whatsapp

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 15 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #20
Balegdah
Member No.: 10,139

I'd say I am mature for age, and probably because of uni and having to live by myself and cook for myself, and stuff like washing up, washing clothes, it's made me "feel" like an adult. Turning 18 didn't magically do that, because I was still at home and having stuff done for me, it was that independence at uni that made me feel like an adult. My sense of humour I think varies, I'll laugh at such stupid shit when it comes to memes or just what my friends come up with but two of my housemates have SUCH immature senses of humour that drive me insane, it's just repetitive schoolyard banter like we're still 14 drama.gif I also do find it easy to talk to older people than I do those my own age, at least outside my friendship circle. I feel with say people who come to pres I feel far more awkward until I know them better, whereas I don't mind talking to an older lady at the bus stop for example or in the queue at the bank.

Perched, go ahead hun x

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2017 - 01:23 AM