BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOFA SURFING
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
lotita
post May 15 2017, 08:16 PM
Post #1
feminist icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,777

I'm not sure on the exact term for this, but have you guys ever had any experiences staying in another persons apartment/house (usually in a foreign country), whilst they were living there too? How did it go? Any good stories?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cucumberella
post May 15 2017, 08:17 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,403

where is jakewild

+Quote Post
MoistSummerFruit
Post #3
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Hmm I can help with this - once on computer I'll tell ya x

+Quote Post
jakewild
Post #4
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

no comment

+Quote Post
jakewild
post May 15 2017, 08:19 PM
Post #5
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

this is a personal attack and i think it should be reported

+Quote Post
lotita
post May 15 2017, 08:23 PM
Post #6
feminist icon

I've stayed with four different families, three different french families and one in Germany.

My German family were absolute sweethearts, I went back three times to their house and then went back a fourth time to go on holiday with them. I felt so comfortable, they always left a huge bar of milka on my pillow *.* Plus meals, hanging out just felt so chill and casual, the mum cried so much every time I left :')

My french experiences are more entertaining to tell stories of now, even though at the time they were terrifying. The first family I stayed with were so lovely, it was two parents and four children and they had a really cute farm house and quite a lot of animals! They cooked me some really amazing meals and we spent our free time watching FRIENDS (in french before ya'll get too excited) or playing Mario Kart. However, my second and third experiences weren't as great. The second family didn't really like me much, the family didn't make much of an effort to speak with me and my French was limited so I could only try my best, but they'd be quite rude if I didn't say something perfectly. I remember another instance the much older brother offered me some more food and I was so full so I just told him that politely and he like slammed his hand and was like "FINE" and I was like pls. Also the girl my age barely talked to me, we just spent hours in her room for 10 days straight playing Monopoly just the two of us mellow.gif I slept on her floor too so I had zero down time, it was f***ing Monopoly 24/7. She also wrote bitchy FB posts about me and my family in French mellow.gif bitch I can READ. The third family weren't AS bad but the girl I was partnered with was several years younger than me which was quite awkward :') we'd spend free time just like watching Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj music videos, like constantly :') They also refused to speak any English to me at all despite all of them speaking it which was good for my language learning, but sometimes made conversation quite difficult mellow.gif Also they had a cat which tried to attack me

+Quote Post
jakewild
post May 15 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #7
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
   No Gallery Pics

i'm the second family

+Quote Post
Klaus
post May 15 2017, 08:32 PM
Post #8
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(l♀tita @ May 15 2017, 09:23 PM) *
I slept on her floor too so I had zero down time, it was f***ing Monopoly 24/7.

Laughing at this more than I should. I'm just imaging a girl threatening you with monopoly. 'YOU WILL PLAY MONOPOLY OR I WILL *INSERT THREAT*'

+Quote Post
lotita
post May 15 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #9
feminist icon

QUOTE(Klaus @ May 15 2017, 09:32 PM) *
Laughing at this more than I should. I'm just imaging a girl threatening you with monopoly. 'YOU WILL PLAY MONOPOLY OR I WILL *INSERT THREAT*'

she was REALLY SCARY as well. like she was one of those really tall skinny french girls with an aggressive accent and her hair always tied so so tightly in a bun

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post May 15 2017, 09:21 PM
Post #10
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

change your name or im locking this thread

+Quote Post
lotita
post May 15 2017, 09:24 PM
Post #11
feminist icon

fine

+Quote Post
burbe
post May 15 2017, 09:54 PM
Post #12
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

Poor jackewild

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post May 15 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #13
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

The whole point of having foreign friends is free accommodation right?

When I went back to Australia I sofa surfed with my friends and old flatmates. It was the best! Most had spare rooms they could let me crash in which is pretty good going for the Aussie property market! I stayed with a friend when I went to Philadelphia and I've been to Charleston three times and never stayed in a hotel.

I've always had great experiences. Aus was awesome because I hadn't seen my friends for ages so they had outings planned and catch up meals with flatmates and stuff so it was soooooo good. Philly was incredible, my friends parents are quality (only actual sofa I've surfed on)! Was only there for like 22hrs but they met me at the airport and then we didn't stop for like 10 hours laugh.gif I saw all the sights (rocky steps included), ate Philly cheese steak and generally just got the absolute highlights tour.

My friends in Charleston is the best. Her parents are amazing. I always have such a great time when I go there. This most recent trip overlapped with their first holiday in like a decade. They left the morning after I arrived so there was a dinner (amazing) the first night I got there and then we realised our flight schedules were rubbish on the last day so we'd fly past each other basically. Twas gutting. Then their flight home was delayed and their rebooked flight to Charleston departed 10mins before my flight to Amsterdam from the gate opposite, so we ran into each other at the gates and I can honestly say it was the perfect end to my holiday. It was such good fate. My friends gran is a freaking legend as well. Tiny Japanese woman, such a good cook, and she's just hilarious.

I'll go back to Charleston to sofa surf again after my friend has made her return visit to the UK.

+Quote Post
MoistSummerFruit
post May 15 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #14
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(l♀tita @ May 15 2017, 09:23 PM) *
I've stayed with four different families, three different french families and one in Germany.

My German family were absolute sweethearts, I went back three times to their house and then went back a fourth time to go on holiday with them. I felt so comfortable, they always left a huge bar of milka on my pillow *.* Plus meals, hanging out just felt so chill and casual, the mum cried so much every time I left :')

My french experiences are more entertaining to tell stories of now, even though at the time they were terrifying. The first family I stayed with were so lovely, it was two parents and four children and they had a really cute farm house and quite a lot of animals! They cooked me some really amazing meals and we spent our free time watching FRIENDS (in french before ya'll get too excited) or playing Mario Kart. However, my second and third experiences weren't as great. The second family didn't really like me much, the family didn't make much of an effort to speak with me and my French was limited so I could only try my best, but they'd be quite rude if I didn't say something perfectly. I remember another instance the much older brother offered me some more food and I was so full so I just told him that politely and he like slammed his hand and was like "FINE" and I was like pls. Also the girl my age barely talked to me, we just spent hours in her room for 10 days straight playing Monopoly just the two of us mellow.gif I slept on her floor too so I had zero down time, it was f***ing Monopoly 24/7. She also wrote bitchy FB posts about me and my family in French mellow.gif bitch I can READ. The third family weren't AS bad but the girl I was partnered with was several years younger than me which was quite awkward :') we'd spend free time just like watching Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj music videos, like constantly :') They also refused to speak any English to me at all despite all of them speaking it which was good for my language learning, but sometimes made conversation quite difficult mellow.gif Also they had a cat which tried to attack me

What did she say in the fb posts about your family?? laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2017 - 09:22 AM