BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome To The Lounge!, post your introductions here
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cherry.
post Jan 25 2017, 10:51 PM
Post #1
feminist icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,777

Welcome to the Buzzjack Lounge!

The Lounge is a place to discuss more general topics and also for members to get to know each other a bit more. If this is your first time visiting us, make sure to introduce yourself in this thread and let us know a little bit about you. This is the heart of the site for everyone to feel relaxed, topics may take place from being utterly ridiculous to heartfelt debates. There's always time for fun and games here too, yearly we hold a Buzzjack member rate and also throughout the year there is the chance for members to host and compete in quizzes and much more. If you ever have any idea for your own activity to run in the Lounge, feel free to PM any of the mods and we will be happy to support you in the running of it!

If you have any event you wish to promote, you may do so in this thread here. Promotion for other events is only allowed in this thread, creation of separate threads for different events will simply be moved into the promotion thread.

Buzzjack Directory

The Lounge is usually for more general discussion, if you are looking for something more specific here is a rough guide of where's-where on Buzzjack!

The Moderating Team - A list of the members who moderate the various forums across Buzzjack. Should you have any questions you can contact any of these members! On the main page the moderators are in the right most column - click our name to view our profile and send us a message with your questions!

Your Charts - This is the place you can post Chart related topics, including your own personal charts.

Your Music - Genre specific discussion, rates and music contests.

Your Choice - Retro discussion, Eurovision discussion and take part in the Buzzjack song contest!

Your Discussion - The Lounge, and also separate forums to discuss more specific Sports, News & Politics.

Your Entertainment - Discuss movies, TV and more!

Artist forums - Stan your favourite artists with their own separate forums.

Site Communications - A section for announcement and news, requesting features and also troubleshooting if you were to have any issues.

Lounge Events

Buzzrate
Buzzrate 2016 Voting Results
Buzzrate 2015 Voting Results
Buzzrate MMXIV: Voting Results
Buzzrate MMXIII: Voting Results
Buzzrate MMXII: Voting Results
Buzzrate MMXI: Voting Results
Buzzrate MMX: Voting Results
Buzzrate 6: Voting Results
Buzzrate 5: Voting Results
Buzzrate 4: Voting Results
Buzzrate 3: Voting Results
Buzzrate 2: Voting Results
Buzzrate 1: Voting Results

BuzzChart
BuzzChart1: Results (Hate + Love)
BuzzChart2: Voting Hate Results Love Results
BuzzChart3: Voting Results
BuzzChart 4: Voting Hate results Love results
Buzzchart 5: Voting Hate results Love results
Buzzchart 6: (2010) Voting Hate results Love results
Buzzchart 7: (2012) Voting Hate results Love results
Buzzchart 8: (2013) Voting Hate results Love results
Buzzchart 9: (2014) Love Voting Hate Voting Love Results Hate Results
Buzzchart 10: (2016) Voting Results

BJKO
BJKO #1: Round One Round Two Semi Final Final
BJKO #2: Round One Round Two Round Three Quarter Final Semi Final Final
BJKO #3: Round One Round Two Round Three Final Final Results
BJKO 2011 Round One Quarter Final Semi Final Final
BJKO 2012 Round One Round One Results Round Two Round Two Results Round Three Round Three Results Semi Final Voting Semi Final Results Final Final Results The Final Final
BJKO 2015 Round One Voting Round One Results Round Two Voting Round Two Results Round 3 Voting Round 3 Results Final Voting Final Results

Code
2008: Code Voting / Results
2010: Code Voting Code Results
2013: Code Voting Code Results

Buzzjack Member Awards
2006 Nominations Voting Results Results 2
2007: Nominations Voting Results
2008: Nominations Voting Results
2009: Nominations Voting Results
2010: Nominations Voting Results
2011: Nominations Voting Results
2012: Nominations Voting Results
2013: Nominations Voting Results
2014: Nominations Voting Results
2015: Nominations Voting Results
2016: Nominations Voting Results

Other Stuff
Members Boot + Immune (2006)
Buzzjack Worst Music Artist Voting (2007) Buzzjack Worst Artist Results (2007)
Buzzjack Best Music Artist Voting (2007) Buzzjack Best Music Artist Results (2007)
Buzzjack Best Music Artist Voting (2008) Best Music Artist Results
Buzzjack Best / Worst Music Artist Voting (2009) Buzzjack Best / Worst Music Artist Results
Ultimate Artist Voting (2015) Ultimate Artist Results (2015)
Cereal Rate / Results
Buzzjack Sexiest Nomination (2014) Buzzjack Sexiest Voting (2014) Buzzjack Sexiest Results
Battle of the Duos (2016) Round 1 Round 2 Round 3
Get To Know 2017 Series

Bré, Silas, Lindsey, Jade and Lotti
Your Lounge mods
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Jan 25 2017, 10:57 PM
Post #2
feminist icon

hi.gif I'm Lotti and I love Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Melanie Martinez, Marina and the Diamonds (and basically any other indie pop sassy songstress). Aside from music I'm currently studying German and Politics at University and spend my free time obsessing over dogs or buying lipstick.

I joined Buzzjack in 2015 per Lindseys request, it was great to be welcomed into a community of SUCH GREAT music taste (mostly wink.gif). I remember my first proper night on Buzzjack as joining in on one of the Mafia games, and just trying to convince everyone that Lindsey was guilty angel.gif I soon got involved in BJSC and now ya'll can't get rid of me!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jan 25 2017, 11:09 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Hey all, I am Jade!

I'm 19 years old and currently studying Multimedia Journalism at University. My big passion aside from writing is obviously music and my favourites are The Beatles, Oasis, Lady Gaga, The xx, Lana Del Rey and many others. I am an avid record collector and Now! That's What I Call Music fanatic too. Away from music, I can also be found blabbing on about cats and kebabs a lot.

I joined this site way back in 2011 as a complete chart geek and Glee loon. I lived in the UK Chart forum (posting repetitive comments in what was known as the Sunday Chart Show Thread at the time each week blush.gif) but then slowly expanded to Personal Charts and The Lounge. It took me a while to become a prominent poster, but in early 2015 the rise of the site plug.dj (where lots of members here can chat and play music simultaneously) saw me really finding my feet here. Then I finally got stuck into the BuzzJack Song Contest too and never looked back. You can find my ancient Gaga avatar and bold red text in pretty much any corner of the forum - including the Robbie Williams section!

+Quote Post
ʙᴇᴀʀsᴇʏ
post Jan 25 2017, 11:18 PM
Post #4
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Hey! I'm Lindsey, I'm 20, currently doing a degree in Visual Communication and I joined the site in 2014, after my brother Cameron (believe it or not we're twins) introduced me to it ohmy.gif Aside from the Lounge you'll find me in the Indie, Rock and Alternative forum which I also moderate but it's no secret that my music taste is also all about the guitars kink.gif My favourite bands are Paramore, PVRIS and Tonight Alive but I promise I stan more than just rock bands with female lead vocalists angel.gif I moderate the P!nk artist forum too. I'm also into far too many TV shows, especially when it comes to Netflix series, Orphan Black, Orange Is The New Black, American Horror Story, Pretty Little Liars, Stranger Things, the list goes on... oh and The 100 but the less I say about my emotional attachment to Lexa that the better mellow.gif

When I first started posting here, I was just "Cameron's sister", I barely set foot out of the lounge but it didn't take long for the community to really welcome me and get to know me as me and now I feel like a fully integrated part of it, especially after I began entering BJSC and got to know everyone and their tastes a little better from interacting in various forums and on some of the off-site platforms we use like plug.dj. I think there's something on BuzzJack for everyone, it doesn't matter what your tastes surround, if nothing else there's the chance to make some good friends which is what makes our Lounge so important imo as you're free to discuss whatever subject you want to (within reason wink.gif )

Welcome to the site! I hope you stick around heart.gif

+Quote Post
Bairlas
post Jan 25 2017, 11:19 PM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Hi! I'm Phil and i'm almost at my 10 year anniversary on Buzzjack! I'm 27 and live in Manchester. I joined this site originally to post in the Sugababes forum, one of the couple I now moderate, and keep track of my favourite artists mid-week chart positions! I can't remember when I first started posting in the lounge it must be a sign of my advancing years!! laugh.gif

I've been a lounge mod for almost 4 years now and I love to see the community we've been fostering here. We're a friendly bunch and we welcome newcomers with open arms!

Elsewhere on the site I also moderate International TV, the forum for all your non-UK and non-reality TV needs! The MKS & Sugababes forum - the album is coming "soon" and the Buzzjack Song Contest forum, probably the best way to discover new music!

My favourite artists are MKS/Sugababes, Tone Damli, Gabrielle (the Norwegian), and Delta Goodrem. I love trashy pop and dance, especially from Scandinavia! I have a really wide taste in TV, I watch so much of it!! Currently airing faves include Blindspot and No Offence. I also love to talk sports (United and Renault F1) and am not opposed to a bit of politics! I love to travel too, it makes me so happy to explore new places and try new things.

Welcome to Buzzjack!

+Quote Post
Capybréra
post Jan 25 2017, 11:47 PM
Post #6
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Hello hi.gif I'm Bré, I'm 20 years old (but still avoiding adult responsibilities like the plague) and live in Reading, currently attending the University of Bath where I am in the second year studying Mathematics. I've been a member of this fine community since I signed up in 2009 to discuss my then new obsession, the UK singles chart (it was once exciting believe it or not!), and I eventually became a moderator of the UK Chart forum (which I've since stood down from) and later this very Lounge.

Some of my favourite musicians are The Prodigy, Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, Amy Winehouse, Coldplay and James Blake. I like to think I like a bit of everything but certainly gravitate mostly to electronic music and hip-hop ~

You'll find me mostly in here and in the BJSC forum (the source of a big chunk of the music I listen to recently) but I still frequent my old home of the UK Charts forum a fair amount too and occasionally venture into the genre forums.

+Quote Post
jjake
post Jan 25 2017, 11:53 PM
Post #7
jenny from human resources
Group: Members
Member No.: 47

i can't find your phone number in this directory lotti

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Jan 25 2017, 11:55 PM
Post #8
feminist icon

QUOTE(jjake @ Jan 25 2017, 11:53 PM) *
i can't find your phone number in this directory lotti

999 xxxx

+Quote Post
WallIsSoGood
post Jan 26 2017, 12:19 AM
Post #9
🙄
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 10,643

Copyright 100%

+Quote Post
Jacřb
post Jan 26 2017, 12:26 AM
Post #10
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Are we doing new introductions? Or is it just the mods?

Ah well I'll just paste my original intro post I'm sure that's still relev-
QUOTE(Jacob Alan in March 2015)
Hi, I'm new but I've been aware of Buzzjack for a good while, I'm Iz's brother (I'm sure you'll know him wink.gif ) and I've met some of you already on plug.dj (under the name Jay8472), I doubt I'll be here much because I know how time consuming forums can be and I get the impression my tastes differ drastically from the majority of board members, but there'll probably be the odd thing I've got in common with everyone.

Also Lee told me to join a couple of weeks ago, so blame him Iz. tongue.gif
*Shudders*

Let me just contradict past me, there's such a wide range of taste on this forum and you're going to find at least something in common with most people, and a lot with some- that's not just in music but in Film, TV and a lot more, plus it's a fantastic community. #promo

So me, I'm Jacob, 21 years old and live in Truro, Cornwall. I'm a 1st year at Falmouth University studying Popular Music. I've not been here that long in the grand scheme of things but I'd been vaguely aware of the forum for a long time because my brother, Iz (now a global mod) has been here a lot longer. Similarly to Lindsey I was "Iz's brother" for a fair while but I'd like to think I've outgrown that label (at least hopefully it's not all I'm known for any more). Music is basically my life, a few of my favourite artists include Muse, Pink Floyd, Relient K, Coldplay, Against The Current, The Hoosiers, City And Colour, CHVRCHES, Paramore, Keane, Owl City, The Cat Empire, Madeleine Peyroux, Meadowlark, Gorillaz, Kyla La Grange and Twenty One Pilots and that's just condensing it down while throwing in some variation of genres. If for some strange reason you want a more detailed look at what I like have a look at my last.fm profile linked in my signature. I love TV shows as well, I watch/ have watched Vikings, Game Of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Black Sails, Breaking Bad... damn this is just turning into lists haha. I also dabble in Anime but only every now and again. In terms of other hobbies I'm interested in sketching, photography, gaming and most racquet based sports (Tennis/ Badminton, even though I'm not that good at them. laugh.gif ).

I'm fairly reserved as a poster but you'll probably see me every now and again in The Lounge, on plug.dj and in BJSC during contest periods.

So yeah in summary, welcome to Buzzjack and feel free to say hi! magic.gif

This post has been edited by Jacob Alan: Jan 26 2017, 12:29 AM

+Quote Post
ʙᴇᴀʀsᴇʏ
post Jan 26 2017, 12:31 AM
Post #11
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Yea Jacob! Go ahead and post welcome messages guys, stories of your newbie days etc. I probs should have said that before laugh.gif It's good for potential new members to get to know us a little bit as well instead of it just being vise versa angel.gif

+Quote Post
Bairlas
post Jan 26 2017, 12:33 AM
Post #12
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Anyone who wishes to introduce themselves are more than welcome to! We just got the ball rolling!!!

+Quote Post
JosephStyles
post Jan 26 2017, 12:39 AM
Post #13
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 13,530

hi.gif I'm Joseph, I'm 19 and live in Ashford, Surrey. I joined here in April 2011, can't remember exactly what drew me here but I didn't really become a regular poster until a year after that. You'll find me most in the UK Charts forum which I moderate, as well as the Personal Charts forum, plus artist forums for Girls Aloud, Katy Perry and One Direction.

My favourite music artists include Girls Aloud, One Direction, S Club 7, Lucie Silvas, Britney Spears, Justin Bieber, Lily Allen, The Vamps, Ulrik Munther and Tom Odell among many others. Pop music is what I mainly like but I'll pop into the other genre forums now and then too. TV wise, my top favourite is Doctor Who and has been for over 10 years now, but I also love shows like The X Factor, EastEnders, Emmerdale and Big Brother UK/US/Canada.

Also I'm the forum's leading #longhairdontcare campaigner *.* laugh.gif

Welcome to any newbies that join!!

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Jan 26 2017, 01:04 AM
Post #14
consentes dei Juno Jupiter Minerva
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

Hello, I'm Iz (pronounced as 'Eyes', hence my first name here, NOT 'is'), I'm 23, from Cornwall (for now), and I'm your resident benevolent overlord. Or one of them. I've been on this board for coming up on six years and I don't believe there's been many days since joining where I haven't checked in, it's basically been my internet home for reasons of having all of entertainment open for me to talk about, a community I've really come to care about and help nurture and a friendly place where I can either attempt shitposting or quality debating.

I'm a global mod of the entire board and so you can probably find me anywhere if I'm called there (all mods and members should know that I'm very easy to contact via PM if you ever need help with something) but you're most likely to find me in the Lounge or getting competitive in BJSC, with indie, Eurovision, dance, international TV and sometimes even the UK chart forum also places I post in. My music taste is... interesting, Nightwish are my favourite band and I love most iterations of that level of rock, I adore Gorillaz and modern classical tracks and beyond that it's pretty much guesswork, with a slant towards indie-rock and modern dance, perhaps. And I also have a love for Asian music, well, lots of foreign language music but Japanese pop has been getting to me a lot lately and that brings it on to TV. Because I'm a big fan of anime and certainly don't mention it in every post. Beyond that, I also love Game Of Thrones, Star Trek and virtually anything with a sci-fi/fantasy/historical/GEEK twist. I'd say historical geek is a good word to describe me (if you think pretentious is too damning), I am quite the fan of the past.

Welcome to everyone (and I mean it about that PM thing, if you need any help just drop me a line, day or night).

+Quote Post
Cody Rance
post Jan 26 2017, 01:25 AM
Post #15
I'm still rocking your hoodie
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Hey guys! Cody Slayberry here and I'm American. And before you guys start running for the hills thinking I'm "that person" just know that I voted for Hillary and not the flaming ball of testosterone known as Dictator Cheese Spray. But enough about that. I'm 21 years old and I'm a Joint Math-Economics major, so if you want to know where the US economy is going, it doesn't take a detective to figure out that it's going straight into the toilet.

I joined here at around the tail-end of 2014 and became a regular poster two months after. You can catch me moderating the International Charts Forum along with Jordan (Riser on here, he likes Dierks Bentley and yes, ladies, he's single) and Umi (who is French). I guess I came here for a number of reasons: one because I was part of another forum and because I wasn't as shady and poisonous for the wrong reasons they kicked me out, so I came here where the environment was a lot calmer and nicer (at times), and I began fully following the UK charts at around 2014 and I wanted some new music so here I am.

I'm most known as the sites resident Teen Wolf stan, and I will carry that through even after the series finale sometime this year. Musically, I'm into Conor Maynard, Zedd, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Fifth Harmony, One Direction (yes, both group and solo projects), Britney Spears, Twenty One Pilots, and an assortment of other artists that I won't get into detail with right now because otherwise I'd be here all night. As for TV shows, besides the ever glorious masterpiece that is Teen Wolf, I'm also into Dancing With The Stars, Dance Moms, the Arrowverse series, America's Next Top Model, Scream Queens, the MacGyver reboot, Shadowhunters, Girl Meets World, and whatever else comes out this year that I will get into.

As for celebrities, Cody Christian is my main stanning figure (with Dylan Sprayberry at a close second), so if there's anything relating to them that appears on your screen, just know that that's me. My Tumblr is below at my signature (just click on whatever picture/gif appears), and if you need anyone to talk to about anything (just no hate, this place is a hate-free zone), hit me up on PM's or on Tumblr smile.gif

Love you guys! heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

+Quote Post
Faller
post Jan 26 2017, 04:55 AM
Post #16
Driving with my eyes closed
Member No.: 19,534

hi.gif, don't have time to post too much but I'm 25 and from the USA. I'm known for liking country music and talking about food a lot, and mostly posting in the middle of the night due to the time zone difference. Aside from country my faves include Pitbull (non-ironically), Karmin, and Haim among many many others. I'm a moderator of International Charts and Personal Charts and would love to see more contributors in both areas!

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Jan 25 2017, 08:25 PM) *
(Riser on here, he likes Dierks Bentley and yes, ladies, he's single)
SAYS WHO

(...okay it's true)

And I'm pretty sure Umi's actually Irish!!

+Quote Post
Cody Rance
post Jan 26 2017, 05:52 AM
Post #17
I'm still rocking your hoodie
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

ladies and gentlemen my site dad

(what else is Umi hiding from us? COME OUT OF THE SHADOWS)

+Quote Post
danG
post Jan 26 2017, 09:55 AM
Post #18
putting the DAN (feat. Quavo) in dance music
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

hi.gif I'm Dan, 19 and live in Kent, England. I joined in the summer of 2010 when I was really getting into following the UK charts and now I'm one of the chart forum's moderators. That's where I normally post but I also mod the dance forum (I like to think myself as the site's biggest dance music fan!) and that's where my tastes mostly lie. I also study music technology and I can play piano so I'm a very musical guy. My favourite musicians of all time are Avicii, Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Rihanna and my favourite TV shows of all time are Doctor Who, The X Factor, The Big Bang Theory and South Park.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jan 26 2017, 11:06 AM
Post #19
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

It's always difficult to describe the birth of an icon, especially when Michelle McManus is out there as competition. Hi new and existing posters of Buzzjack, I am Cameron. I am 20 years old and come from Scotland. I am a Scottish stereotype with beautiful locks of ginger and sunburnt freckles with the complexion of a milk bottle. I have been posting on Buzzjack since 2012 and spent my first year and a bit of life in the Saturdays forum stanning a floppy girl band because I didn't know other parts of the site existed... #PoorMe. I currently moderate the 2 most popular Artist Forums on Buzzjack (Robbie Williams and Beyoncé) - I joke, we get like 3 posts a week lol. However, most of you will know me from Moderating the Pop Forum with 2 really horrible basics who I hate and want to ban from the site (Iz, make it happen.) My 'expertise' is of course pop, especially female acoustic pop like Gabrielle Aplin, Nina Nesbitt, Lauren Aquilina, etc. I am part of the Eastenders gang where we all just cry over the Fox family and hate Sonia. You will most likely catch me criticising something but just ignore me because everyone else does. kink.gif

Welcome to Buzzjack, the Lounge and the rest of your life because there is no way you will leave this site once you've started posting laugh.gif

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jan 26 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #20
Buzzjack's #1 Drake-basher (ft. Quavo)
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Hi! I'm Pete and I'm from... I'm sure you can all read. I'm a big fan of the charts but, as my first ever post said, I only like them when they move kink.gif I'm a fan of all genres of music, although I'm mainly active in the Dance Forum (I'm a big fan of catchy alternative music though, and Indian music sometimes). I joined in May last year but didn't post until about two months later, and I'm well known for sending a song to BJSC that got 4 points no.gif

I have my own chart on Youtube called Ultimate 15 Charts (and somehow haven't told any of you)

I'm also Christian and have a strong faith, but I'm awful at religious debates so don't try to reason with me laugh.gif

And that's me!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 02:48 AM