BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Headphones vs. blasting music, Omg another important question thread
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
How do you listen to music at home?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 36
Guests cannot vote 
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post May 21 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Inspired by chat in Cameron's 'get to know' thread (go ask him some questions xo): do you prefer to listen to music through headphones or playing it out loud when you're at home? Do you think headphones are strictly for public transport and love blasting your music in your room or do you keep to yourself with it?

Personally, I prefer to listen to music through headphones from my laptop, so my vote goes to headphones. I do play vinyl on my record player out loud though, but I consume music on my laptop far more often.

My brother blasts his music SO LOUD in his car and in his room though, which drives my parents a lil mad. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JosephGutierrez
post May 21 2017, 09:28 PM
Post #2
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

Always out loud for me! I enjoy music the most when I can play it loud (although I like to think I'm considerate of others too). I only use my headphones when I go out.

+Quote Post
Maurice
post May 21 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,217
   No Gallery Pics

I usually blast my music as i live alone but sometimes use my headphones if i'm in bed or chilling on the couch.

+Quote Post
liamk97
post May 21 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I wish that the sound quality of listening through headphones was what the sound was like when the music is blasting out through speakers. Headphones sound quality is super crisp but I like to have my music blaring out, but that just sacrifices the quality somewhat.

+Quote Post
lot🎈IT🎈a
post May 21 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #5
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

headphones for me usually as i don't really like my laptop speakers, i can't concentrate on the music properly laugh.gif but when i'm tidying my room, cooking etc music sounds so much better blasting from my speakers! and of course when im in my car, volume ALL THE WAY UP!!

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post May 21 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #6
I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Headphones! I only use my speaker when I'm home alone!

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post May 21 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #7
I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams
Member No.: 20,947

Headphones! I only use my speaker when I'm home alone!

+Quote Post
Poked Pumpkin🎃
post May 21 2017, 09:39 PM
Post #8
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

Gotta blast it!

i use headphones now and then for like say a heavy sick beat and breakdown, but that's it.

+Quote Post
The Burbadook
post May 21 2017, 09:39 PM
Post #9
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I prefer headphones, it's better quality. I only use speakers when I'm playing from my laptop but cannot be within headphone cable distance.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post May 21 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #10
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

My impact!!!1

Headphones, it is more personal plus I am was never a fan of trying to study for high school exams whilst Hayley Williams is wailing in the next room @Lindsey

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post May 21 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #11
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

Out loud for sure. I live alone in a truly tiny flat so the sound carries nicely. Usually the laptop is on the go.

Always headphones out and about. Usually the standard Apple ones, but if I'm travelling the epic Bose QC35's come out to play. They get the occasional spin at home too. Sound quality is aces and oh my the noise cancellation is just flawless. So much better quality than a pair of beats. Since I got them for my birthday last year, they've been on a fair few aircraft with a few different airlines and the noise cancellation is f***ing incredible. You can't hear the engine noise at all. Just turn them on and the aircraft just becomes silent. It's blissful.

Car always has the stereo cranked to the point that when the engine resumes after the stop/start system has kicked in it lowers it automatically laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Skeleton💀Wardy
post May 21 2017, 09:54 PM
Post #12
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Blasting out loud in the car (or Van in my case) is much more exhilarating than any other form of blasting! w00t.gif

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post May 21 2017, 10:03 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

During the day I play it loud on my speaker but at night I use headphones.

I think I prefer headphones more though as you can listen to the lyrics properly.

+Quote Post
Poked Pumpkin🎃
post May 21 2017, 10:10 PM
Post #14
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(burbe @ May 21 2017, 10:39 PM) *
I prefer headphones, it's better quality. I only use speakers when I'm playing from my laptop but cannot be within headphone cable distance.

Yah that is true, but if you have a portable speaker or sound system, then the quality is just as good out loud, and usually louder, too. I use a JBS portable, super quality. Come to think of it, I should use my soundsystem for more than just playing games too!

+Quote Post
DANKENSTEIN
post May 21 2017, 10:21 PM
Post #15
Danvīci
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

usually out loud for music in my room as wearing headphones all the time gets tiring, though I don't like my laptop speakers so I use a bluetooth speaker.

for watching videos/shows on my laptop however I use headphones more often than not as they are better quality.

+Quote Post
Iz~
post May 21 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #16
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Headphones. SOMEONE (I won't say who) in my household is always having it far too loud and I prefer not to catch anyone's attention - and mixing the sound is just awful. Besides, it sounds better with headphones.

+Quote Post
Cursed Wombat
post May 21 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #17
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Headphones, gotta be considerate x (plus I hate people hearing what I'm listening to and asking, mind your own business :x)

+Quote Post
Poked Pumpkin🎃
post May 21 2017, 10:55 PM
Post #18
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz~ @ May 21 2017, 11:27 PM) *
Headphones. SOMEONE (I won't say who) in my household is always having it far too loud and I prefer not to catch anyone's attention - and mixing the sound is just awful. Besides, it sounds better with headphones.

How you DARE highlight my musical taste so!

+Quote Post
Liаm
post May 21 2017, 11:47 PM
Post #19
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

My speaker's sound quality is SO good so usually that in the day and earphones at night, I do have it on quite loud oops but not the point of disturbing everyone in my house.

+Quote Post
ᴄᴀɴɴɪʙᴀʟɪɴᴅs.
post May 22 2017, 12:08 AM
Post #20
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I think I own just about every way to play music at this point, I'll usually play music on my computer or tablet out loud at home although I've got an amazing stereo so if I play CDs they get blasted through that but I've also got a wireless speaker I'll use too if I'm like in the shower or tidying or whatever so I can move it with me. I also have a record player but I keep it down at my mum and dads atm so when I'm at my parents I'll either use it, or my wireless speaker or I'll sometimes hijack my mum's CD player laugh.gif music is better when its loud and can fill an entire room etc

I do enjoy listening to my headphones though and I will do that sometimes if I'm at my parents and I'm using my mum's laptop downstairs or something. I always have headphones in when I can though so on the bus, in uni, even if I'm shopping etc and I do like how they put you in your own little bubble and it is v personal but I defo prefer out loud listening

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 02:54 PM