BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> PSA from your Lounge Mods
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
lordita
post May 24 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #1
feminist icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,777

Hi guys

Firstly I just want to thank everybody for your feedback. We are currently working through it, seeing on what we can do to accommodate everything and then will feed back to you all.

On a sterner note I want to remind everybody that we work as a Lounge mod TEAM here, all decisions such as removing, editing or deleting posts are discussed and decided by a majority of us, we don't act as lone individuals. If you have any problems with a way a moderator is acting, it is never a personal attack as we work together.

In the wake of all what has happened this week we want to remind everybody to remain thoughtful of what they post and how it'll look to others. There's enough hate in the world right now so let's make here a safe place, and we as Lounge mods are absolutely committed to that.

Thanks,

The Lounge Mod Team
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Buzzjаck
post May 24 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #2
Music Entertainment Discussion
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

What does PSA stand for, just out of interest, I assume it stands for 'Posted Site Announcement'? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Silas
post May 24 2017, 06:36 PM
Post #3
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

unsure.gif Public Service Announcement...

+Quote Post
HausofSZA
post May 24 2017, 06:39 PM
Post #4
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Because I think I need to say something, I find it ridiculous that the "Buy One Last Time" thread was merged and publicity of it removed. It could've made ONE person download the song which would've been a massive achievement. To then warn Cameron is an even bigger farce.

Let's make 600 threads if need be, let's do WHATEVER WE CAN to help spread the love and light out of this atrocity.

+Quote Post
Joe.
post May 24 2017, 06:53 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

Yes, merging the thread is ridiculous, and Cqmerqn being warned is very, very harsh. I haven't posted about the Manchester attacks here yet because I've been worried about Martyn until last night when we got the news, and haven't really known what to say, but when I go in that thread, buying an Ariana song as a campaign is a different issue. It was also unfair to close Cqmerqn's topic about Avril too, when it was a legitimate topic that had gone viral that week and had been spoken about on the news etc.

Even if they stem from the same issue, buying a song for the charts is a much lighter issue than discussing the tragedy that happened this week.

+Quote Post
JosephStyles🐶
post May 24 2017, 06:55 PM
Post #6
long hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

I also agree that the merge/warn were harsh - it's a tribute song and with proceeds apparently going towards the families of the victims, it's hugely important and every sale counts. cqmerqn was doing what he felt was the right thing and he's now been punished for it, surely a simple PM would've been better?

+Quote Post
mqh
post May 24 2017, 07:01 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Cqmerqn being warned for being respectful and paying tribute to a horrific tragedy is ridiculous. Especially in light of the attack, he's obviously been very moved and affected by it so imagine how awful he must feel to see that after paying respects and showing support he's been punished? Not my decision obviously but it's not a very good one imo. sad.gif

+Quote Post
lordita
post May 24 2017, 07:02 PM
Post #8
feminist icon

Cqmerqn was NOT warned for "paying respects", don't even try to make that a thing. Cqmerqn was warned for an innappropuae post which had offended a couple of members already so we took swift action. Zero policy

+Quote Post
lordita
post May 24 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #9
feminist icon

The warn had nothing, may I repeat NOTHING to do with the tribute song. All five of us thought it was best the tribute song discussion was in the same thread where discussion on the attacks is already taking place, tbh I have noticed some members coming in just for that thread, I thought (andstill think) it was the right move.

+Quote Post
HausofSZA
post May 24 2017, 07:07 PM
Post #10
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 13,007

QUOTE(lotita @ May 24 2017, 08:02 PM) *
Cqmerqn was NOT warned for "paying respects", don't even try to make that a thing. Cqmerqn was warned for an innappropuae post which had offended a couple of members already so we took swift action. Zero policy

From what i've seen, all he said was that his post about downloading the song would be lost in the thread (which is very true - and so more casual viewers of this site might've missed it) and that there are bigger things to worry about....

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
Post #11
All songs should chart like the NHS Choir (feat. Quavo)
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

It does worry me now that I really have to tread on eggshells to avoid getting warned. I remember the 'Polite Message' from about a week after I started posting here and it almost put me off the site, I'm sure there are others in the same position now.

+Quote Post
Oliver
Post #12
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

Was just coming in here to say that I agree that it's best to have everything in one succinct location.

+Quote Post
mqh
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(lotita @ May 24 2017, 08:02 PM) *
Cqmerqn was NOT warned for "paying respects", don't even try to make that a thing.

you hadn't clarified it wasnt that so i wasn't to know.

+Quote Post
cq(uavo)merqn
post May 24 2017, 07:08 PM
Post #14
brqr is a flop
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

I have no idea what was so bad about my comment. The Lounge team have obviously made it such a big deal.

My comment quite clearly suggested that I was also upset that we were arguing over it and that there are 'bigger things to worry about'

+Quote Post
JosephStyles🐶
post May 24 2017, 07:09 PM
Post #15
long hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

I take issue mainly with the fact that cqmerqn wasn't offered the chance to apologise for any potential offence before he was warned. If he was PM'd, I'm sure he'd have had no issues apologising to those he may have offended? The warning wouldn't have been necessary then.

+Quote Post
lordita
post May 24 2017, 07:10 PM
Post #16
feminist icon

QUOTE(mdh (ft. Quavo) @ May 24 2017, 08:07 PM) *
you hadn't clarified it wasnt that so i wasn't to know.

Yeah throughout this most of us have been multitasking, I've literally just walked through my door and was dealing with this in service stations

Ya'll need to give me a second to try cure the fact I've lost my hearing again then I'll write a full post explaining

+Quote Post
awardinary
post May 24 2017, 07:11 PM
Post #17
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(lotita @ May 24 2017, 07:14 PM) *
On a sterner note I want to remind everybody that we work as a Lounge mod TEAM here, all decisions such as removing, editing or deleting posts are discussed and decided by a majority of us, we don't act as lone individuals. If you have any problems with a way a moderator is acting, it is never a personal attack as we work together.

Perhaps we could hear from one the other Lounge mods on the issue in this thread to back up your decision?

I didn't see the thread, but despite my often mixed opinions on cqmerqn' posting style, he did something which I might have been guilty of doing also. In case anyone didn't realise, I was the person responsible for resurrecting the old Ariana thread in the R&B forum yesterday. Was that as equal a crime? unsure.gif

Let's keep this place a free Lounge where people can express themselves openly and honestly if they chose to.

A message to all mods (of which I'm not one), be careful how you use your power so as not to abuse it. Just a thought.

This post has been edited by awardinary: May 24 2017, 07:14 PM

+Quote Post
cq(uavo)merqn
post May 24 2017, 07:11 PM
Post #18
brqr is a flop
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofSZA @ May 24 2017, 08:07 PM) *
From what i've seen, all he said was that his post about downloading the song would be lost in the thread (which is very true - and so more casual viewers of this site might've missed it) and that there are bigger things to worry about....

This exactly. I was considering the people who have been affected.

I'm so angry rn. Time to log off me thinks

+Quote Post
mqh
post May 24 2017, 07:16 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Just really confuse me how cqmerqn can make a comment that's CLEARLY not meant to offend - as he was VISIBLY upset by the whole Ariana situation, why would he make fun of it or trivialise it after showing such emotion prior to it? Doesn't add up to me, and even if it was misinterpreted (which I think it was... I see nothing wrong with what he said), why should such drastic actions take place to someone who's not meant to cause offense or harm to anyone?

It's obviously your decision - but as someone that knows Cameron wouldn't say anything like that (and I know how much the whole terror attack situation has got to him) I really do not see the motive in warning him. (or even merging the threads in the first place but that's a different story)

This post has been edited by mdh (ft. Quavo): May 24 2017, 07:16 PM

+Quote Post
Silas
post May 24 2017, 07:17 PM
Post #20
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

We are a team. We speak as one. Lotti is more than capable of articulating our views on the matter.

It's a very sensitive subject so we are responding appropriately. Many people were either there or knew someone who was. So we acted very swiftly to avoid offence. We warned for the tone of the post. The dismissive "oh well" before the bit of post that has been quoted changes the tone of the post.

Mdh received a similar warning for a tone deaf post in the past so we are applying consistency to how we moderate sensitive issues. There's no need to change the way you usually post in the lounge in every other thread but please be careful and considerate about how your posts read in a serious thread like that

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2017 - 08:54 PM