BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monthly Lounge Recognition: May 2017, New monthly celebration of Lounge contribution
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Jun 1 2017, 04:18 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

Hi all!

As part of our post-teams debrief we were all struck by the community spirit shown by so many of you during the Teams event. The hard work you put in, the connections made and, at times, the best elements of this community on full display.

Over the past month we have been secretly stalking every post within this forum, watching your every move, every breath... nah, I'm kidding! We've been keeping an eye out as we've gone through the month at things that are being posted and said as we usually do as moderators. However, this time we've been looking for the amazing.

We have decided to start giving out a small set of "Lounge Community" awards. We will have three categories each month:

Best Contribution
Best Thread
Best Poster

Each in turn are there to reflect a particular type of contribution to our community that we'd like to stand up and recognise. Contribution recognises an individual post that has been made. Thread highlights a non-mod thread that is fit for being a 'thread of the year' nominee. Poster is for the person we think has made the biggest contribution to our community this month.

This is not to say that some people or posts or topics are valued more than others. No, no, no. We thank each and every one of you for the posts and topics you've made throughout May, and before, here in the Lounge. Every contribution is valued and adds to our community. We wanted to take a moment to highlight our favourite moments, ones that made us laugh/smile/cry, and give recognition to those going above and beyond for our community in this past month. This will be a monthly thing, we hope! We have no intention of this being a one-off. By the end we hope to have a collection of posts and threads that would make a fitting long-list for the year end awards.

They have been decided, by majority vote, by the Lounge Moderators from a series of posts and moments that we've been keeping track of throughout the month.

So without further ado:

● May 2017 Contribution award goes to... Jonjo!
for: the following opening post in his "Friends On The Internet" thread:

So the phrase of stuff like "Don't take it so personal, it's just someone you're likely to never meet" have been said on this forum a few times in the past (although it does seem to be a distant memory as of now as I've not seen it said for a while tbh), but my point is, I think this phrase is really taken for granted.

The recent events with them happening and hitting so close to home (and having a mass conversation with various people from this forum), and feeling so much emotion despite not having any direct connections personally, it made me realise that some members of this forum, despite never meeting them, are actually more than "friends on the internet". Speaking to Joe about his trouble of not knowing whether his friend was ok or not, really hit me the most. I literally worried for him when he told me, like we had regular meet ups and saw each other in person etc.. he wasn't just "someone from the internet", I realised I actually have more interaction with him, than I do with some people I see most days who I consider to be my friends. And obviously knowing that it was a Buzzjack-friendly artists concert, in the popular city of Manchester, really got to me. Knowing the likes of Bal, Jay, Rob (who I speak to on a regular basis in a group chat) probably would've been there had she not done Birmingham or something (Rob was very almost there), I was a mess just thinking about that, even though I knew they weren't there.

My heart breaks for each one of you who has been personally affected by this in any way shape or form. It really does.

It's made me realise that some people on this site are so much more than just "friends on the internet". You have impacted my life a lot more than some of you probably realise. You guys are my escape. It's so nice to just geek out about things and not be judged for doing so and the fact that I have made some truly great friendships in my 10 years of being here, I can't thank you all enough. I genuinely don't know what I'd do without this site and the people on it.

Sorry if this is a bit much or whatever, but I just wanted to get this off my chest and I think we could all use a little pick me up <3 I truly believe this site is the best thing to happen to my life and I for one consider a lot of you to be more than "internet friends".

Much love wub.gif

We found this opening post to be very touching. It was memorable in the best possible way and really made the thread what it was. Congrats Jonjo, you got the thread off to such a strong start by reminding us just how fabulous and important our community is in such a heartfelt way!

● May 2017 Thread award goes to... 'Quick Smile Thread' by Cucumberella!

We felt that this thread had wonderful intentions in wanting to be a little forum boost following recent tragic events in the world, such as the Manchester incident. It provided smiles and laughs in a difficult time which was a joy to witness, congrats Leww!

● Poster of May 2017 is... Cucumberella/Leww!

A few different names were brought up but in the end it had to be Leww with the quality threads he brought to the table this month! 'Quick Smile Thread', 'Posting styles, personalities and their influence', 'What Buzzjacker(s) will be famous and why?' and 'What piece of art describes you?' are amongst the threads that Leww created in The Lounge in May. We applaud this enthusiasm of creating all these new topics (that were all worth a read) in the space of a month.

Thank you everyone for your posts and contributions this past month. We value them all. We look forward to sharing with you our highlights from June in a month's time!

- The Lounge Mod team x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MoistSummerFruit
post Jun 1 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #2
Life is so much queefier than we allow ourselves to think x
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

This is a DISGRACE

+Quote Post
MoistSummerFruit
post Jun 1 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #3
   No Gallery Pics

My BuffyCharmed thread was FAR SUPERIOR

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 1 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

Daym, what an oversight there x

Well done Jonjo and Leww for getting this off to a great start wub.gif

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Jun 1 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #5
brerqr & mqh are floppqs!!
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Yeasty Clutch @ Jun 1 2017, 05:27 PM) *

Yes!!

+Quote Post
T Boy in Weeyals
post Jun 1 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #6
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

When you contribute something worth contributing, you may get recognition. Now to make this less about you...

WELL DONE Lew, I felt you'd drifted over the past year but I've certainly noticed your presence here a lot more of late so it's totally deserved. Long may this continue. Jonjo as well is always an amazing presence on the forum and it's great to see him recognised.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jun 1 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #7
All songs should chart like the NHS Choir (feat. Quavo)
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Congrats Jonjo & Leww! I can't say I gave the 'Quick Smile Thread' much of a read but I'll make sure to go through it! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsᴇʏ
post Jun 1 2017, 04:48 PM
Post #8
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Thank you for what you guys have given to the lounge recently Lew & Jonjo, you two have been so standout to the whole lounge mod team this past month so congrats again on this very deserved acknowledgement! wub.gif

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Jun 1 2017, 05:00 PM
Post #9
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,835

Congats Lew and Jonjo both great assets to the lounge!

+Quote Post
Cucumberella
post Jun 1 2017, 05:28 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 9,403

omg cute idea!!! and thanks so much for this!! so flattered, i didn't think it would be my name coming up haha <33

i love this post by jonjo sooo much so well picked <3

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Jun 1 2017, 05:34 PM
Post #11
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

baes the 2 of ya x

+Quote Post
Apafam
post Jun 1 2017, 07:48 PM
Post #12
official memeber
Member No.: 21,005

This is a DISGRACE
How about a please or a thank you, manners cost nothing heehee.gif

(great idea Jade/whoever came up with the idea cheer.gif )

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 1 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #13
Mrs Brayden Smith <333

QUOTE(ReyOfSpunShine @ Jun 1 2017, 08:48 PM) *
How about a please or a thank you, manners cost nothing heehee.gif

(great idea Jade/whoever came up with the idea cheer.gif )

Thanks Spadz heart.gif I just thought it could be a nice thing to do in here. The results thread for teams put this idea in my head when there was so much support for all the work everyone had done. We really do appreciate our memberbase and the ideas that keep this place active.

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Jun 1 2017, 10:21 PM
Post #14
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

From that thread I saw a gentle side to many member on the forum, but especially Jonjo, what heartfelt words. Makes me wanna give him a big hug! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jun 1 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #15
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Congrats to our inaugural winners!! It's been fun going through posts and threads this month actively looking for fab moments that we could then recognise. I'm really looking forward to what June has in store!

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Jun 1 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #16
hipstoria
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

Congratulations! I'm very pleased to see the Lounge doing this, and perfect winners, I thought Jonjo and Leww's contributions this month have been superb.

+Quote Post
Mack
post Jun 1 2017, 10:53 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Congratulations to you both fully deserved.

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Jun 1 2017, 10:54 PM
Post #18
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

Jonjo for next Lounge mod tbh.

+Quote Post
MoistSummerFruit
post Jun 3 2017, 08:17 AM
Post #19
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy in Weeyals @ Jun 1 2017, 05:39 PM) *
When you contribute something worth contributing, you may get recognition. Now to make this less about you...

WELL DONE Lew, I felt you'd drifted over the past year but I've certainly noticed your presence here a lot more of late so it's totally deserved. Long may this continue. Jonjo as well is always an amazing presence on the forum and it's great to see him recognised.

Bored of comin after Lee now so back to comin for me I see

Go SCRUB that tatty microwave ready meal cheap cardboard chip nest you call a wev and stop chasin me around like a ducklin absorbed by the gravity of the nearest passing individual!!!

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅsᴇʏ
post Jun 3 2017, 10:09 AM
Post #20
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Michael would you mind not turning a positive thread like this one into an excuse to have a petty argument please.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2017 - 10:12 AM