BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bullfighting
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Bullfighting
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 25
Guests cannot vote 
danG
post Jun 19 2017, 01:29 PM
Post #1
putting the DAN (feat. Quavo) in dance music
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

It's just come up in the news again that a matador has died from being attacked by a bull, surely it's about time the 'sport' got banned in Spain and everywhere else it's still legal. Dangerous to people who partake and unnecessary animal cruelty.

Or do you disagree?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jun 19 2017, 01:53 PM
Post #2
Always Watching...
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

There are few things in life that make me more disgusted that this still being legal anywhere. I don't give a damn if it's tradition, it's horrendous, it's hard for me to feel any sympathy for the injured/dead matadors, given how the bulls are treated, what do they expect? :/

This gets me a bit hot under the collar.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jun 19 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Oops at being the only one who thinks animals being killed for meat should be outlawed heehee.gif I've got no objections to other people eating meat - totally their choice - but personally I disagree with it. A debate for another day tho.

This disgusts me. It just comes across as so... old fashioned, and it amazes me how animal fighting is legal in any form whatsoever, in 2017. HOW people can actually get enjoyment from this type of thing is beyond me, and I really hope it's only a matter of time before all animal fighting is made illegal all around the world (though my suspicion is that it'll stay like this for the distant future sad.gif)

+Quote Post
සුනුවිසුනු වී ඇත
post Jun 19 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #4
shameless self parody :')
Member No.: 21,005

Yes, and also ban all animal hunting/fighting.

We're in 2017 and we should be aware what is right and wrong to do with the animals who share our home. They are not toys they are LIVING creatures with FEELINGS and EMOTION. Just because they are a different species means nothing.

I'm slightly on the fence with killing for meat, I am not veggie (But sometimes we have vegetarian meat etc.) but so many animals are extremely terrorised and tortured before being killed. I have seen snapshots breifly of what happens behind close doors and it would make anyone feel very distressed and upset. So before anyone says "but other animals kill for food too!" it is NOTHING like how some humans inhumanely prepare animals for consumption.

This post has been edited by Spinning Allie: Jun 19 2017, 04:34 PM

+Quote Post
Bairlas
post Jun 19 2017, 04:50 PM
Post #5
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Yeah it should be banned, as should all similar "sports". It's barbaric. I ticked hunting coz I think the big game hunting that rich yanks with tiny cocks go to Africa to do should be outlawed too. However I'm not in favour of banning like fishing or things like grouse hunting or where it's used as part of a legitimate and approved set of measures to control overpopulation

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Jun 19 2017, 04:55 PM
Post #6
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,835

Yes, and also ban all animal hunting/fighting is what I voted for, I hate things like Bullfighting or Fox hunting.

+Quote Post
RosaParksMyCar
post Jun 19 2017, 05:15 PM
Post #7
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

whose the twat who voted it should stay legal?

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Jun 19 2017, 05:41 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(RosaParksMyCar @ Jun 19 2017, 06:15 PM) *
whose the twat who voted it should stay legal?

I'm that twat smile.gif

I'm sorry but it originated in Spain, it's really not somebody who's not from there's place to comment. It's a part of their culture, I don't care what year it is!

I know I'm outnumbered but don't attack me for this lmao

+Quote Post
RosaParksMyCar
post Jun 19 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #9
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
Member No.: 16,548
   No Gallery Pics

so just because we aren't from there we can't talk about it?

+Quote Post
සුනුවිසුනු වී ඇත
post Jun 19 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Jun 19 2017, 06:41 PM) *
I'm that twat smile.gif

I'm sorry but it originated in Spain, it's really not somebody who's not from there's place to comment. It's a part of their culture, I don't care what year it is!

I know I'm outnumbered but don't attack me for this lmao
Well it doesn't matter if it's culture or a Spanish tradition or not, they can change if it's morally wrong, if you think it's still ok fair enough that's your opinion, but you shouldn't really want it to stay legal just because it's part of their culture! Also, what Toby said.

This post has been edited by Spinning Allie: Jun 19 2017, 05:51 PM

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Jun 19 2017, 05:51 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(RosaParksMyCar @ Jun 19 2017, 06:46 PM) *
so just because we aren't from there we can't talk about it?

Well basically. I mean unless you go there and experience it you can't really make an informed judgment. It's just a case of people thinking they know best and trying to impose their values when it's really none of their business!

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Jun 19 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Spinning Allie @ Jun 19 2017, 06:50 PM) *
Well it doesn't matter if it's culture or a Spanish tradition or not, they can change if it's morally wrong, if you think it's still ok fair enough that's your opinion, but you shouldn't really want it to stay legal just because it's part of their culture! Also, what Toby said.

I didn't say I thought it was ok, I don't like that they kill the bull after it. Yes I do think it should stay legal because it is a huge part of the culture and I don't think that should be taken away.

+Quote Post
සුනුවිසුනු වී ඇත
post Jun 19 2017, 05:56 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Jun 19 2017, 06:51 PM) *
Well basically. I mean unless you go there and experience it you can't really make an informed judgment.
We don't have to physically be there to watch it to have an opinion on the topic of bull fighting laugh.gif
QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Jun 19 2017, 06:51 PM) *
It's just a case of people thinking they know best and trying to impose their values when it's really none of their business!
wot, we're only expressing opinions :S

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Jun 19 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Spinning Allie @ Jun 19 2017, 06:56 PM) *
We don't have to physically be there to watch it to have an opinion on the topic of bull fighting laugh.gif wot, we're only expressing opinions :S

I'm just expressing mine that it's none of your business but ok wacko.gif I can't see this going anywhere so we should just agree to disagree happy.gif

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jun 19 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #15
Buzzjack's #1 Drake-basher (ft. Quavo)
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, and ban all animal hunting/fighting

I mean the bulls die as well but no-one loses sleep over that?

+Quote Post
Good Old Days
post Jun 19 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 28,104
   No Gallery Pics

Yes and ban killing animals for meat.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Jun 19 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #17
Together we are more.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 5,042

I voted all the "yes" options.

I'm not vegetarian or vegan or anything, but I wouldn't miss any meat if it wasn't placed in front of me. (Chicken is overrated anyway x) I eat meat, but I don't actively seek something out because it's meat, if that makes sense laugh.gif So if it was banned, then fair enough + it prevents a lot of inhumane/unnatural ways of animals dying. </3 (and I understand controlled hunting etc.. - like Silas explained)

Bullfighting is not a sport. A sport is something you enjoy. I really can't see how people "enjoy" it?! Whether it's a part of culture or not, it's barbaric and downright sickening. What's the thing they do with the bull running on the streets? That's vile too! cry.gif

We really are not worthy of animals.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 12:40 PM