BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Breathe, 27 Oct 2017 // Andrew Garfield & Claire Foy
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Jun 29 2017, 08:21 AM
Post #1
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

This looks as though it could be a really interesting drama and surely both leads have got to be listed amongst the acting contenders this awards season - it sort of gives me Danish Girl/Theory of Everything vibes so hopefully it'll do well. Claire Foy seems to be having a bit of a moment currently following on from The Crown cheer.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Oct 28 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #2
c:
Member No.: 20,692

My previous comment about it looking like Danish Girl/Theory of Everything was definitely true in the end, I'm a big fan of those movies though so I really enjoyed this too. It does nothing new or spectacular but it does tug at your heartstrings and seeing the real life footage at the end did get me a little emotional. Both Garfield and Foy do excellent jobs here, during the choking scene (after the dog pulls the plug out), my heart was in my mouth and Garfield really sold that. Foy has plenty of Oscar showreel clips to pick from and really made you sympathise with her so I do hope she gets some awards attention wub.gif

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Nov 2 2017, 12:34 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

a good film, good cast, beautifully costumed film, though Andrew G is a little young-looking for the role but he puts in a great performance anyway. Have a hankie ready for the last 15 minutes.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Nov 2 2017, 07:40 PM
Post #4
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

Did anyone else want to scream "pivot, PIVOT" when they were trying to move his bed downstairs? kink.gif

This was very uplifting and heartwarming with a really emotional ending, I hope Andrew and Claire both get some recognition during awards season, I don't imagine it's easy to act when the majority of your body has got to stay motionless and he was just using his voice and face. There are a lot of comparisons that can be drawn to The Theory of Everything and The Danish Girl, I preferred this to the former but not to the latter. And they did both receive an Oscar for acting so fingers crossed - I'm rooting for you Claire!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 02:07 PM