BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holidays, Where do you like to go? ☀️🌨
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
cqmerqn
post Jul 2 2017, 01:30 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Where do you go for holidays? Do you go abroad? If so, where's your favourite destination?

I absolutely LOVE Turkey and have been many times. It's beautiful weather and the people are great wub.gif

You? biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jul 2 2017, 01:38 PM
Post #2
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

Never been on a plane! Furthest I've done is Ireland on the ferry. My mum won't fly and I've never been able to afford to fly somewhere since I've been old enough to go alone (well, until now, but there's other stuff I want to spend money on)

I go around Wales and England mainly. I went to the Lake District back in Feb and I'm going to Cardiff on the 25th.

Also off to Aberystwyth mid August and possibly again in September.

+Quote Post
LewisTScream
post Jul 2 2017, 01:40 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 19,585

Went to Spain for the first time last year. First time on a plane and first time leaving the country(!) which I thought would be daunting but I loved it all.

Usually I holiday in the UK, been to various caravan/holiday parks; just something about breaks in this country that love. I'm going to Newquay in the morning for 5 days, cannot wait as I've always wanted to go there!

+Quote Post
cqmerqn
post Jul 2 2017, 02:08 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,155
   No Gallery Pics

Never been to Lake District but I've heard good things biggrin.gif
-
Spain is quite nice. Short flight biggrin.gif

Planes are my biggest fear, I have a panic attack every time but it's worth it in the end tongue.gif

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Jul 2 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #5
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I've been abroad three times (Tenerife in 2005, menorca in 2008 and Paris this year). I usually go on holiday in the uk though, I love to go to Scotland in the winter and sometimes try to go another time in the year too. I love north wales as well and I'm going there again in September. I've been to Devon loads when I was a kid, planning on going to Cornwall next year too as it's somewhere I've always wanted to go 💕

+Quote Post
lot🎈IT🎈a
post Jul 2 2017, 02:19 PM
Post #6
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I've been abroad quite a lot, mainly in Europe other than the time I went to Egypt! European city breaks are the one <33

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Jul 2 2017, 02:21 PM
Post #7
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

We used to go to Ireland loads when I was young. First time on a plane I was 13. I've been to Spain 3 times but the last time was probably 8 years ago.

Also been to France twice and then the following places once:
Turkey
Cape Verde
Germany
Sweden

I've just been invited to New York and Florida next year and I am soooooo excited at the thought!! Need to pop my American cherry.

+Quote Post
Jade-o-Lantern🎃
post Jul 2 2017, 02:27 PM
Post #8
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I have been to Spain on holiday every single year since I was about 4 laugh.gif minus last year when I went to... Portugal! I think my family are fans of Iberian places kink.gif

Top of the wishlist is Iceland~

+Quote Post
Cursed Wombat
post Jul 2 2017, 02:32 PM
Post #9
The owls are not what they seem
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I've been to various places in Spain, Italy and France mainly with family, USA was the biggest (and probably best) holiday where we went from LA right down to San Francisco and it was awesome. I've also been to Berlin and Western Australia for solo trips for volunteering and study.

I REALLY want to do another solo holiday next year, as my family don't really do holidays anymore so I haven't actually been out of the country since 2015, and also I find it so much more liberating on my own. Canada has always been top of the list so I'm hoping that can become a reality.

+Quote Post
dandyman* 🐝🐝
post Jul 2 2017, 02:36 PM
Post #10
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I tend to like having different types of holidays during the year but one of them must be relaxing and make me feel like I've truly left work behind me. Lately I tend to have the following style of holiday routine:

February - week in a UK city or two, commonly London, York, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Bath etc but I'll likely begin to move this abroad for a city break in future years as I'm running out of places in the UK I want to visit.

June/July - three weeks off, first two abroad somewhere (this year Italy, yay!) and then one additional week off when I get back to ensure I get two weeks off on holiday where I can totally relax without it even crossing my mind that I'm going back to work any time soon - this is the best decision I've ever made regarding leave, so much better than having two weeks off and going straight back. When I say relaxing, I'm not a beach and lazing around kind of person but it is important to find a break from workloads where I can just do things at a slower pace.

September - Week away in the South of England, nearly always St Ives or somewhere similar in Cornwall - beautiful part of the country.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jul 2 2017, 02:36 PM
Post #11
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I actually love holidaying alone. It's nice to literally get away from everything and everyone.

+Quote Post
Spun's Labyrinth
post Jul 2 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #12
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jul 2 2017, 03:36 PM) *
I actually love holidaying alone. It's nice to literally get away from everything and everyone.
This

I wish I was in a financially comfortable position so I can travel ha world (tho I need to reread that article on the homeless dude who did it with very little money ohmy.gif )

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jul 2 2017, 03:16 PM
Post #13
I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

I love going on holiday to america, think I might want to live here one day!

I hate flying though so much sad.gif literally our flight a few days ago we had about 5 different times of turbulence and it got to the point where people were screaming and it rly felt like we were going to crash sad.gif

+Quote Post
HobDoblin
post Jul 2 2017, 03:30 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Been on a fair few hols in the past its safe to say. Love travelling & visiting new places. Been to 3 different continents (excluding Europe) and this year alone I've been to Bulgaria, Taiwan & Germany.

+Quote Post
HowtoCookMattias
post Jul 2 2017, 03:59 PM
Post #15
boo~
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jul 2 2017, 03:36 PM) *

This has been kind of a dream of mine for a while now. I might make it into a reality this year but I can just be awful with plans / knowing what to do / what to see etc. that it's hard for me to just 'get up and go'. Usually when I go on holiday these days, I go to Estonia to see my sister / cousin / etc. but I now have this itch to go somewhere by myself cos #identitycrisis and #quarterlifecrisis. I might go to the Aran Islands off the Western coast of Ireland or something.

I really enjoyed Slovakia and Budapest a few years ago! And like Jade, Iceland would be a nice destination indeed.

+Quote Post
Slick
post Jul 2 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #16
I got hot sauce in my bag, swag
Member No.: 70

Mainly British city breaks or European city breaks, with the occasional beach holiday. I've just got back from Prague with plans to go to Edinburgh later in the year and Lisbon next year (for Eurovision, ofc.)

+Quote Post
HeadlessJockey
post Jul 2 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Finnish Lapland because of the snow and it's a great place.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jul 2 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #18
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

I'm borderline addicted to Holidays. I've a wee scratch off map of the world now so been looking forward to scratching off more places.

Only time recently I've holidayed in the UK was when we took our American friend up round the highlands on a road trip. Much prefer to go abroad for a holiday. Last weekend I was in Iceland for my birthday and it was the best trip! I did a tonne of driving about climbing volcanoes and fault lines and exploring caverns to see hidden waterfalls and walking round the back of waterfalls and seeing the Geyser that gave all geyser's their name and all sorts. The Earthquake/Volcano geek in me had such an epic trip! (And Icelandair name all their aircraft after Volcanoes so they're the coolest airline ever)

This year I've also been to the States for my big trip to see my friend. That was my chill out trip this year, I don't usually do that but I really needed to this year.

I prefer short breaks at the moment where I can go do a lot of exploring. Losing count of how many places I've been in the past couple of years.

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jul 2 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #19
WINTER IS COMING
Member No.: 88

I've been to 4 continents - I love exploring. I try to visit at least one new country each other.

I don't mind beach holidays, but I get bored quite easily. Sitting by a pool all day is not that fun. I prefer to explore, see things and get drunk with the locals. It's an expensive hobby, but I do love going away, I've been to so many different places and countries. That's the beauty of living in Europe, you're never too far away from somewhere expensive.

My favourite part of flying is just watching films. When I flew back from India, I think I watched 5 different films.

+Quote Post
dandyman* 🐝🐝
post Jul 2 2017, 06:53 PM
Post #20
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Where have your favourite destinations been Roo?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 06:53 PM