BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alternative Life Paths
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 11 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #1
Heda
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

I was having a chat with Ben just now about things he could be doing if he didn't do law and it gave me an idea to throw this question out to the rest of you. What would you be doing in life if you weren't doing what you are now? Do you have a solid back up plan? Were you torn between two things when applying for courses or jobs etc?

I honestly don't have a clue what I'd be doing if I wasn't doing something design related, I was good at other things but not to the level where I could make a career out of it. Maybe I'd end up studying history or something to do with English but I really don't know what, I've wanted to be a graphic designer or an illustrator since before I went to high school laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jul 11 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #2
Get Free.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

I'm kinda of a professional hippie, so I'm already on plan b and it's 500x better than plan a. (Shoutout to birth control, thanks for what you do for the community.)

I ditched my degree job. Now I travel doing extreme sports & bartending.

This post has been edited by Tyler: Jul 11 2017, 06:20 PM

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Jul 11 2017, 06:20 PM
Post #3
ayyy lmao
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

hmm ok...

Not really sure what to say really, I mean, I spend most of my life trying to avoid decisions etc. until something comes up I don't mind doing, so my alternative life path would mostly be answered with an "idfk" laugh.gif

I just spent the last 5 years or so trying to avoid getting a job, so the alternative path would be, being very uncomfortable in some restaurant or smt idfk

This post has been edited by shattered_sanity: Jul 11 2017, 06:21 PM

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Jul 11 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #4
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Gahh I didn't have a solid back-up plan AT ALL, thank goodness I was successful in getting the job I'm doing now.

Around the time I was doing my GCSEs I really enjoyed cooking but looking back I don't think I'd have really been digging it as a career path, more a thing for fun at home (I did my year 10 work experience in the school canteen and that was cool, the atmosphere was relaxed but anything above that level idk). I liked doing little admin tasks in the school office / library so that's maybe the sort of area I would've looked in.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 11 2017, 06:33 PM
Post #5
Always Watching...
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I mentioned in the school subjects thread the other day about my initial plan to study art. I think I was interested in graphic design or something so that could've been the most likely one. Again, I didn't get enough to get into the course, but had I actually got a good grade, things could've been different! (God knows what I'd be doing at this stage though, my whole studies since have revolved around English and Media!)

I've had various recent life plans - writing, media research - that I could've got somewhere had I committed too but I just didn't have the patience, passion nor knowledge of the right way to go about these things, so I'm pretty committed to the career I'm going for now.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Jul 11 2017, 06:34 PM

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 11 2017, 07:09 PM
Post #6
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

The media route was definitely the one I thought I'd go down, although for the time being that hasn't happened yet. Still could get into it through the backdoor though.

That, and being a priest also has come up a few times, although I don't think that is something that I could manage mentally.

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Jul 11 2017, 07:13 PM
Post #7
Gunshot Glitter™
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

I never felt like I had a specific desire to do anything. Any job I've had I've just sort of fell into for convenience.

I never went to Uni, so I guess in another life I may have gone there and had some sort of goal.

+Quote Post
burbe
post Jul 11 2017, 07:15 PM
Post #8
Lusts for Life
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

As Lindsey knows from our discussion which sparked this thread, I legit have no clue what I else I could do except Law. I'm not really good or interested in anything else except unrealistic things like being a renounced political commentator or journalist. I never knew what I wanted to do, and in Sixth Form was given a nudge in the right direction to study Law by my mum. Like I looked at grad schemes last year and nothing felt like me, so this just felt like my only path laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 11 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #9
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Member No.: 10,139

Idk what I'd do if not psychology tbh, if I studied anything else it would probably be English but it doesn't help that both of those are those "you can do anything with them" degrees laugh.gif I don't even know what I'll do as a job lmao, idealistically maybe a music journalist or something but that'd be hard to get into and I don't think I love it enough to work in journalism unless it was music or something I'm really interested in, whereas I am happy to work in most things within psychology.

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jul 11 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #10
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

lmao this is probably gonna surprise all of ya'll, but when i went to choose A levels i initially was either going to do french/german/spanish/history (they ended up forcing me to drop a language), or biology/chemistry/maths (or maybe history)/and a language :') yeah i was debating whether to focus on languages as a career or medicine and become a dentist, i've even done work experience as a dental nurse *.*

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jul 11 2017, 10:33 PM
Post #11
feminist icon

and yes, i never actually considered doing politics until last minute when i couldn't do french. that spontaneous decision literally led to my degree what i'm doing now mellow.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 11 2017, 10:33 PM
Post #12
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

I knew you wanted to focus on languages but I forgot about your stint as a dental enthusiast laugh.gif

+Quote Post
burbe
post Jul 11 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #13
Lusts for Life
   No Gallery Pics

Ew

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jul 11 2017, 10:35 PM
Post #14
feminist icon

i once suctioned out someones mouth don't try me (why did they let me actually use tools mellow.gif)

+Quote Post
burbe
post Jul 11 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #15
Lusts for Life
   No Gallery Pics

Erm lotti you do that on a weekly basis after your 4pm Friday gin and tonic

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 11 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #16
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

ur all about dat suction

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jul 11 2017, 10:37 PM
Post #17
feminist icon

lol u wish

+Quote Post
burbe
post Jul 11 2017, 10:37 PM
Post #18
Lusts for Life
   No Gallery Pics

I heard from an anonymous source that Lotti has better suction than a Dyson

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 11 2017, 10:43 PM
Post #19
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

I heard she got a gcse in it

+Quote Post
burbe
post Jul 11 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #20
Lusts for Life
   No Gallery Pics

*sti

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 11:07 PM