BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Least favourite SCHOOL SUBJECT~, Round 2
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Least favourite SCHOOL SUBJECT~
Round 2
English [ 2 ] ** [3.64%]
Mathematics [ 7 ] ** [12.73%]
Science [ 6 ] ** [10.91%]
Citizenship / PSHE [ 10 ] ** [18.18%]
Computing / ICT [ 6 ] ** [10.91%]
Geography [ 5 ] ** [9.09%]
History [ 5 ] ** [9.09%]
Languages (Modern or Classic) [ 2 ] ** [3.64%]
Music [ 3 ] ** [5.45%]
Religious Education [ 9 ] ** [16.36%]
Total Votes: 55

HausofSZA
post Jul 14 2017, 04:34 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 13,007

First round was such a huge success, thank you all! We clearly all have pent up anger at out school lives lmao ~

First out is P.E., proving that Buzzjack is not here for physical education.. Or at least we might be if we didn't have misogynistic, prejudice teachers who made us roll around a field like animals. Some members showed their appreciation for areas such as dodgeball, but on the whole the horrors of the changing rooms, P.E. staff and at times, abject humiliation was too much for us.

We also, in a DOUBLE elimination lose the most creative of the subjects. Art/D.T. came across as a love & hate type subject with some showing vocal appreciation for the freedom it allowed them, but others mentioning the lack of structure in the lessons and how it really wasn't as liberating as it should be on paper. Teachers on the whole seemed to not be there on the teaching of art either, mainly for the MESS lmao ~

TOP TIME 10 xo

11. Art & Design / D.T. [14 votes/11.67%]
12: P.E. [32 votes/26.67%]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausofSZA
post Jul 14 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #2
Henrietta R Hippo

I would vote music as my least fave but i'm remembering messing around a lot during the lessons and having such a laugh with my mates so it can wait.

Going for COMPUTING/ICT ~

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jul 14 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #3
Radical Pink Troll
Group: Members
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

ICT for sure.

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Jul 14 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #4
feminist icon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,777

Geography. Did more colouring than in Art and that's not even a joke

+Quote Post
shatteredSanity
post Jul 14 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #5
shameless self parody :') // Luna.
Member No.: 21,005

History but this is an odd one. I do LOVE certain aspects but the subjects tought/the way it was all taught was boring af sad.gif it would easily be like top 3 if the right teaching methods etc. were to suit moi

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 14 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #6
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Justice for P.E. but a huge ADIOS to the dreadful DT/Art pairing.

Gone for Religious Studies this time. It could be engaging from time to time but I had the least interest in it out of those remaining on the whole.

+Quote Post
JosephStyles
post Jul 14 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #7
dreadlocked hair don't care
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 13,530

History for me now quite easily!

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Jul 14 2017, 04:46 PM
Post #8
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Religious Studies. Not for me

The one highlight was when the class chose me as the groom for a fake wedding in year 9, tbf that is one of my favourite memories of my time at school (then a year later I went on an anniversary trip to the cinema to see "Bridesmaids" :'))

+Quote Post
HausofSZA
post Jul 14 2017, 04:48 PM
Post #9
Henrietta R Hippo

Geography and History can be the best, most rewarding subjects when done right but they miss so many tricks at secondary school sad.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 14 2017, 05:01 PM
Post #10
Always Watching...
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Religious Education. Not entirely helped by my own beliefs I guess, but one of the few subjects where I actually don't remember ANYTHING useful we learned in it barring a debate on whether God existed which I'm pretty sure we also did in primary school laugh.gif

Apparently it's compulsory up to GCSE in some schools now? I would've hated that.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 14 2017, 05:04 PM
Post #11
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Jul 14 2017, 05:46 PM) *
Religious Studies. Not for me

The one highlight was when the class chose me as the groom for a fake wedding in year 9

Omg laugh.gif

I think my favourite R.E. lesson was when we made fancy Diwali candle holders *.*

+Quote Post
Cody Rance
post Jul 14 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #12
I'm still rocking your hoodie
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

What is computing? Like computer science?

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Jul 14 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

Science. What even is it? My brain just doesn't work that way unsure.gif

Music was definitely not what I expected it to be. It's so annoying, just like in Art the teachers only care about the ones that are already able and not the ones that actually want to learn! I got an A in the exam but it was a total fluke and I didn't really learn anything.

This post has been edited by No Sleeep: Jul 14 2017, 05:13 PM

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Jul 14 2017, 05:09 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

Lol at 2 of the most fun subjects being voted out first.

R.E. to go next, the fact I had to take it at GCSE level at my school didn't help its cause (altho I did somehow get an A kink.gif)

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jul 14 2017, 05:12 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

RE was fun (and I got an A somehow) - not here for the hate for that. Science on the other hand, the most pointless and boring lesson imo. No wonder I didn't pass any of the papers or practical's, managed to scrape an E so you know it went well *.(

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Jul 14 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #16
consentes dei Juno Jupiter Minerva
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 12,929

PSHE because the way I got it was so chilled that I felt I just learned more from basically any school experience that wasn't PSHE.

I think I ended up loving history because the duo of teachers that taught me it for GCSE and A Level were two of the best teachers I've ever had and the variety of topics kept my interest all throughout school. That and my love for historical strategy games but ahem. Good teachers are so important.

What's also important are good subjects. Honestly I think that the focus on recent history for higher secondary levels puts people off, it feels too close to home and not exotic enough. The basic things you're trying to learn are the same no matter what period, and the fact that three of my four A level modules were set before 1900 really helped my enjoyment, I'd learn the facts easier when it was Knights, monks, guillotines and colonialism over treaties, detente, great depressions and appeasement and it would have been even better had that been my GCSE experience. That should come once you're hooked on the variances of history, the wonders of alt history, when motivations of big events within your lifetime start to matter to you and when ideologies start to mean something. History has such potential to be the most interesting subject you've ever taken, it won't win this poll but I hope it gets given a great try.

That was my campaign post

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 14 2017, 05:25 PM
Post #17
One Mississippi you're here, luvin me with all your heart
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 14 2017, 05:39 PM) *
Justice for P.E. but a huge ADIOS to the dreadful DT/Art pairing.

Gone for Religious Studies this time. It could be engaging from time to time but I had the least interest in it out of those remaining on the whole.

Not surprised to Art go tbh, I could barely hold a paintbrush let alone do Da Vinci-esque pieces laugh.gif Most of the time I just chatted with my mates so the lesson wasn't all bad in the end kink.gif The less said about P.E the better x

I'm the same but our R.E teacher was such a queen and would give us ice cream and sweets on the last day of every term even when it was against protocol *.*

Geography for me! The teacher was a huge funsponge and gave us no encouragement in tests or whatever, if anyone got a low score she'd watch us like a hawk for basically the rest of our time in class, I had her for FOUR YEARS as well mellow.gif The subject was really boring as well, I liked to learn about the cultures of other countries but we hardly ever did that, I swear after I stopped doing it I had a fear of maps I'd used them so much laugh.gif My mum basically forced me to take it until S4 mellow.gif

This post has been edited by Andrew.: Jul 14 2017, 05:25 PM

+Quote Post
Flatcap
post Jul 14 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 27
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Jul 14 2017, 06:01 PM) *
Religious Education. Not entirely helped by my own beliefs I guess, but one of the few subjects where I actually don't remember ANYTHING useful we learned in it barring a debate on whether God existed which I'm pretty sure we also did in primary school laugh.gif

Apparently it's compulsory up to GCSE in some schools now? I would've hated that.

Back in my day, it was compulsory up to Year 9. Optional for GCSE. I quite enjoyed it, gave an interesting insight into other religions such as Judaism I recall.

I went for Science this time. Most of it was way over my head and the teacher was very jargonistic. Think he was more suited to the university lecturer circuit rather than a school..

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Jul 14 2017, 05:36 PM
Post #19
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

RS is so important tho. I hate when people say they hate it because they're not religious. It's not the Bible bashing it was 30-40 years ago! You learn about all the different religions and their views on issues. So important in order to have a fully rounded view of the world around us.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 14 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #20
Balegdah
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I'm such a nerd I like everything left to some degree oops but went for Religious Studies. I loved doing it in A Level sociology and still enjoy reading around it even though it hasn't really come up in my degree, but the way it's taught in secondary school was kinda shite. It was really boring andplain and obvious when learning about something as deep and varied as the different religions of the world should be much better than it transpires to be. It was just like "Catholics don't like abortion" wd A* xxxxxxxxx I considered Georgraphy and History for similar reasons, both much more interesting as topics that school subjects.

QUOTE(Codybot Jansen @ Jul 14 2017, 06:06 PM) *
What is computing? Like computer science?

Computing is that exactly but IT is more like using computers for stuff, I did it for GCSE and it was stuff like using Excel and doing databases, not the most exciting but not the worst, it was easy enough so I didn't mind it.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2017 - 06:45 PM