BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would you go to a concert alone?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
No Sleeep
post Jul 14 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

I'm kinda worried, I just got tickets to see TLC but I'll be going by myself unsure.gif It's a meet and greet and I know nobody I know would pay that much to see them so I kinda had no choice! I've never been to a concert alone before and I'm just worried I'll look weird laugh.gif So would you / have you ever gone to a concert alone before? If so how was it? laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 14 2017, 05:35 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I feel like it would probably be a good idea for me to go to concerts alone because I always feel guilty when my friends have to put up with my claustrophobia coming into play... I've just decided to boycott standing concerts in general now because I can't stop fainting in crowds sad.gif Anyway, no I have never been to a concert alone before! I feel like the concert experience is enhanced by going with another person so you have someone else to share the memories with on the night heart.gif I mean I always witness other people's concerts on Snapchat or wherever but it's not quite the same as being there in person. Going to concerts alone isn't really my thing but I don't think you'd look weird at all going on your own! Some of my amigos go to concerts alone and even make friends while there sometimes.

Hope you have a good time at TLC anyway! I imagine the classics like 'No Scrubs' and 'Waterfalls' would be amazing to witness live *.*

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Jul 14 2017, 05:38 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 14 2017, 06:35 PM) *
I feel like it would probably be a good idea for me to go to concerts alone because I always feel guilty when my friends have to put up with my claustrophobia coming into play... I've just decided to boycott standing concerts in general now because I can't stop fainting in crowds sad.gif Anyway, no I have never been to a concert alone before! I feel like the concert experience is enhanced by going with someone else so you have someone else to share the memories with on the night heart.gif I mean I always witness other people's concerts on Snapchat or wherever but it's not quite the same as being there in person.

Hope you have a good time at TLC anyway! I imagine the classics like 'No Scrubs' and 'Waterfalls' would be amazing to witness live *.*

Yeah that's true but most of the time it's me dragging my friends to see somebody they don't really care for laugh.gif

Thanks! I've seen them before and they are amazing live, I'm so excited to meet them this time wub.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 14 2017, 05:42 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,161

I had to go and see Fifth Harmony on my own in Glasgow last October (my friend pulled out :/) and it was honestly quite a lonely experience. sad.gif I think it was just because I'd never had to go so far on my own and I couldn't see anyone else on their own, being right at the back with another couple of empty seats beside and a curtain behind me didn't help! :') I still went OFF during work from home of course xx

That's not to say your experience will be the same, I literally found out I was going alone on the day I went so I wasn't anticipating it laugh.gif Enjoy TLC!! heart.gif

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 14 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #5
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

Yup! I don't feel lonely or anything but that's probably bc introv. Seeing (and hearing tongue.gif) is already enough of a buzz to get me enjoying myself with or without others biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 14 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #6
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Idk if I would, maybe if it was an absolute fave of mine but for all my faves I can think of someone who'd go with me so no worries there laugh.gif I'd feel kinda awkward, for me a large part is the buzz and sharing it with others who love said act. I'd feel much more self conscious and awkward on my own whereas with someone I know I can go mental to my faves and they probably will too laugh.gif If it came to it and it was someone I was desperate to see and nobody would come I'd probably get over it though.

+Quote Post
Lindsey 🙃
post Jul 14 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #7
low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Yea I've done it a couple of times! I think, at least for me, it's very much dependent on the band/how much I want to see them. I saw Tonight Alive by myself and also went to a signing of theirs alone before the gig but I felt totally okay with that because I knew the kind of crowd to expect there, it was a small-ish concert and it's always easy enough to chat to people as you've already got something in common that you can talk at length about if you want to. I've also gone to an Against The Current gig alone, and again, similar crowd, an even smaller venue than Tonight Alive had so it was fine. Queuing can be a bit awkward but I guarantee you're not the only one that's alone and like I said, people will quite often chat to you anyway, plus once you're in the venue nobody is gonna know you're by yourself since it's just a pack of people :')

oh also, I would rather go and see a band that I really love alone than drag someone along who doesn't really wanna be there which is basically why I have done concerts alone before. I've also gone to gigs where I've later wished I'd gone alone because It's just been clear that the person I was with didn't enjoy themselves and didn't wanna be there, and I'm always really conscious of that so puts a dampener on the experience for me as well.

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Jul 14 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ʟɪɴᴅs. @ Jul 14 2017, 06:59 PM) *
Yea I've done it a couple of times! I think, at least for me, it's very much dependent on the band/how much I want to see them. I saw Tonight Alive by myself and also went to a signing of theirs alone before the gig but I felt totally okay with that because I knew the kind of crowd to expect there, it was a small-ish concert and it's always easy enough to chat to people as you've already got something in common that you can talk at length about if you want to. I've also gone to an Against The Current gig alone, and again, similar crowd, an even smaller venue than Tonight Alive had so it was fine. Queuing can be a bit awkward but I guarantee you're not the only one that's alone and like I said, people will quite often chat to you anyway, plus once you're in the venue nobody is gonna know you're by yourself since it's just a pack of people :')

oh also, I would rather go and see a band that I really love alone than drag someone along who doesn't really wanna be there which is basically why I have done concerts alone before. I've also gone to gigs where I've later wished I'd gone alone because It's just been clear that the person I was with didn't enjoy themselves and didn't wanna be there, and I'm always really conscious of that so puts a dampener on the experience for me as well.

It's comforting to hear somebody did have a good experience! Lol. Tbh all of the concerts I've been to there's been plenty of people there by themselves so I doubt I'll be the only one. They are my favourite group and I'm not gonna pass up the opportunity to meet them just cause nobody else wants to laugh.gif I was hoping to just get talking to people there but the only thing is it's seated so I'm worried I'm gonna be stuck between like two couples or something unsure.giflaugh.gif

And that has happened to me before too and I end up feeling bad and worrying about that instead of actually enjoying it so it might be a good idea lol

This post has been edited by No Sleeep: Jul 14 2017, 06:15 PM

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 14 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

Been going to concerts with friends and also on my own for 30-coughty years. 22 when i did my first solo, its fine and better than missing out due to fussy mates with no taste in music laugh.gif

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Jul 14 2017, 06:16 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Jul 14 2017, 07:14 PM) *
Been going to concerts with friends and also on my own for 30-coughty years. 22 when i did my first solo, its fine and better than missing out due to fussy mates with no taste in music laugh.gif

22's fine, I'm 17 and worried I'll look like a lost child laugh.gif

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jul 14 2017, 06:25 PM
Post #11
Surfing in paradise
Member No.: 3,474

Three of the Four times I've seen Caro I've gone solo. One of the Two times I've seen Måns Zelmerlöw I've gone solo and I was solo for the gig of my life/emotional breakdown/most cherished memory that was the MKS gig at Scala.

I feel a bit awkward until the music starts and then you just forget about it because you're concentrating on who you've come to see.

+Quote Post
t=SpunderfulXmas
post Jul 14 2017, 06:29 PM
Post #12
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Jul 14 2017, 07:13 PM) *
I was hoping to just get talking to people there but the only thing is it's seated so I'm worried I'm gonna be stuck between like two couples or something unsure.giflaugh.gif
Couples should really put like a bag or something on their other half's seat
QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Jul 14 2017, 07:16 PM) *
meh, try not to think that because it often means you end up looking like that laugh.gif I know what you mean tho, it's difficult to know how to act when it's just you at concerts thinking.gif

+Quote Post
Davidson
post Jul 14 2017, 06:39 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,847
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah, I have done it once when I went to see NAO at The Art School in Glasgow last year.

To be fair, I had a friend with me but they wouldn't let her in because she forgot her ID which she didn't realise would be needed and they refused her entry despite her being 21 and having paid for a ticket. I mean it wasn't ideal, everyone seemed to be there in big groups and it was quite awkward just standing behind big groups chatting (although I think the situation was probably made worse by so many people coming and going from the bar, and therefore the venue had a very social vibe about it). I would still say I am very glad I went in though as she was fantastic and I still massively enjoyed her. I would say I enjoyed the act playing and not the overall experience though... it definitely wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been.

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jul 14 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #14
no
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Jul 14 2017, 07:16 PM) *

Haha, I've been to concerts alone before when I was 16 and nobody really looked at me let alone questioned it :') You'll be fine, anyway as soon as the music starts I'm sure you'll be too absorbed in singing along and having a good time to care biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Jul 14 2017, 07:19 PM
Post #15
When you look back on us, would you call that love?
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

I went to The Sats alone with a M&G ticket which was quite lonely but by the second song I totally forgot I was alone and comforted myself with lots of photo and video taking.

I found texting people inbetween costume changes and stuff as well telling them about the gig did make it seem less lonely.

+Quote Post
JosephSprayberry
post Jul 14 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #16
no reason to stay is a good reason to go
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,530

I've been to plenty of concerts on my own! It's always good if you've got a friend to chat to but I've not enjoyed the experience any less without that, it's just a tad boring while you wait for the act to come on. Helps that I quite enjoy my own company anyway I guess, and I find it quite easy to zone out.

re. meet & greet, I saw Ryan Lawrie live earlier this year and got a M&G ticket on my own, I actually found it a lot of fun to make friends on the night, a few of whom I'm still in contact with over Snapchat!

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post Jul 14 2017, 09:16 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

I would recommend going to concerts by yourself. When I went to see Ariana Grande is the only concert I've been to alone but I found it a better experiences than any that I have been to with my friends. It's a little awkward while you're waiting for the artist to come on stage but after that it's fine. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jul 14 2017, 09:35 PM
Post #18
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I've been to two concerts by myself and would do so again if the opportunity was right. I certainly prefer to go with someone but would say it's more fun to go alone than to not go at all!

Although, one thing I've done when I'm alone is to stand way in the back. It means you get a terrible view but it made me more comfortable knowing there wasn't a bunch of people behind me seeing me stand by myself laugh.gif At festivals though I've gone to certain sets alone, stood up close and not had a problem. Taking pictures is a good suggestion too if they allow you to do that.

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Jul 14 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #19
i ain't scared no more
Member No.: 8,674

Been to quite a few on my own, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Fifth Harmony, The Saturdays, Little Mix, Ellie Goulding - could be forgetting one or two. Also done a couple where I didn't go on my own but I sat alone due to only being able to get split seats (the first tour that One Direction did).

Tbh it's nice having someone to go with and talk about the concert with after or whatever but I don't think it takes away from the experience in the moment. I'm there to enjoy the music and performances of an artist I love, not to have a conversation with somebody. Can sometimes get a better ticket if I'm only after one too kink.gif On all but one of the occasions I've mentioned I was really close to the stage.

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Jul 14 2017, 09:49 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Faller @ Jul 14 2017, 10:35 PM) *
I've been to two concerts by myself and would do so again if the opportunity was right. I certainly prefer to go with someone but would say it's more fun to go alone than to not go at all!

Although, one thing I've done when I'm alone is to stand way in the back. It means you get a terrible view but it made me more comfortable knowing there wasn't a bunch of people behind me seeing me stand by myself laugh.gif At festivals though I've gone to certain sets alone, stood up close and not had a problem. Taking pictures is a good suggestion too if they allow you to do that.

I'm front row tongue.gif I'm not that worried anymore tbh I doubt I'll be the only one there alone!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th February 2018 - 08:44 AM