BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Correlation between thought and places?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
mdh
post Jul 15 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

Hi. For as long as I can remember I've been associating certain memories with specific places, so whenever I think about a certain thing I always also think of a place and my train of thought related to that will take place with that location in mind. Like the location doesn't particularly have to be directly related to the memory, it's just certain specific places are always mentally taking place in said location.

It happens for me with feelings too, for example I associate a feeling of positivity with a road that leads from the person in which I first experienced true happiness with, to the place where I associate my thoughts of a relationship with this certain person. It's weird as the whole thing with this person isn't happening anymore, but I constantly picture all thoughts related to happiness in that specific place. As I said, not all of my thoughts are associated with a specific location - some of them are totally random which is what interests me, I wonder if it's just one of those weird mental things or there's genuinely a reason for it? Hm.
Also, it only just occured to me why my positive thoughts mentally take place there, and I'm certain that's why! Never really considered that that's the reason why I associate it with that particular location before so it must have been a sub-concious thing which is interesting ~

So am I the only one that does this, or have some others experienced the same?

tl;dr - do you associate certain feelings/thoughts/memories with a random place?

(apolz if I'm rambling and make ZERO sense here, but it's weird hoe the mind does these things and I hope that I'm not the only one that has this happen to them with everything lolz, enlighten me pls)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cody Rance
post Jul 15 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #2
I'm still rocking your hoodie
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

This actually helps me when it comes to driving. There are certain landmarks that I would associate with how close I am to my destination so if I get lost I just have to try and look for that.

+Quote Post
shatteredSanity
post Jul 15 2017, 08:33 PM
Post #3
shameless self parody :') // Luna.
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

Ah yes, I think I get what you mean and I am the same. The mind is pretty incredible at its best <3

+Quote Post
M.
post Jul 18 2017, 08:59 AM
Post #4
// some kind of Estonian crab
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

(my honest first thought was: mdh, you are SUCH an ENFP, like it's not even funny AND totally a good thing!)

...biggrin.gif

This happens to me more with music. It's pretty uncanny (if that's the right word to use). Especially if I'm listening to a song I no longer heavily listen to, I'm often reminded of a time in my life when I used to listen to it and I can just FEEL the same emotions running thru me during the course of the song.

I also refuse to wear my only perfume lmao cos it reminds me of a shit time in my life when I used to wear it. sleep.gif (I'll get something new soon..)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2017 - 06:44 PM