BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lounge Quizzes 2017 | SIGNUP THREAD, They're baaaaack!!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Jul 15 2017, 08:39 PM
Post #1
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

ROUGH GUIDELINE FOR FUTURE HOSTS

01 | Brett-Butler (FF) ✔
02 | mdh (Pointless) ✔ / Liam (NMTBJ) ✔
03 | Chez Wombat (FF) ✔ / UltraRedLight (Album Covers) ✔
04 | HarryEzra (Pointless) ✔ / Cody (NMTBJ) ✔
05 | Iz~ (FF) ✔ / Dandy* (Album Covers) ✔
06 | Awardinary (Pointless) ✔ / Spadz (Emoji Quiz) ✔
07 | Bré (FF) ✔ / Jade (NMTBJ) ✔
08 | Jacob Alan (Pointless) ✔ / Josh (Album Covers) ✔
09 | Dobbo (FF) / Dan (NMTBJ)
10 | Cameron (Pointless) / Regina (Album Covers)
11 | cqmerqn (FF) / Lotti (Emoji Quiz)
12 | PeteFromLeeds (Pointless) / DalekTurret32 (Album Covers or NMTBJ)
13 | JosephStyles (FF) / Riser (Album Covers)
14 | HausofKubrick (FF or Pointless) / ʟɪɴᴅs. (Album Covers or NMTBJ?)

(✔ = results completed)

Hello there Lounge dwellers hi.gif

Quizzes are BACK as part of our summer schedule in The Lounge this year! However, this time I will be stepping into the role of Bré's glamorous assistant (aka the one who harasses people and does the organising) so his sole focus can be the leaderboard. Yes, there WILL be regular leaderboard updates for this quiz season so it's time to get competitive!

Please post in this thread if you're interested in hosting a Lounge Quiz, preferably stating which quiz format(s) you might be interested in hosting and if there's any restrictions on when you'll be able to host (i.e. because you're busy petting some cats for a week / going to be away at a particular time). There is no priority this year for people who have been hosts before so just get in there ASAP if you're interested as it's on a first come first serve basis.

Hosting one of these can be a LOT of fun but it can also require a fair amount of work (and people will be pernickety - even about a FOOTBALL question - I have not forgot about that one in my own Pointless two years ago kink.gif) so there's ya warning. Please do stay committed to one of these if you do sign up! But don't think I'm trying to scare you off here, anybody on the site is free to host a quiz so do register interest if it's something you think you will enjoy!

We will aim to stick to the schedule of a new quiz (or two) every Monday, so results over the weekend (preferably Sunday for a longer voting window) would be ideal.

(you don't need to read the following wall of text if you're familiar with how the quizzes work)

~~~

Like last year, we will be aiming to alternate between Family Fortunes and Pointless from week to week, to keep people on their toes and because these tend to be the most popular of the quizzes. A summary of these formats:

Family Fortunes
Host sets (around) 10 questions and players answer what they think the MOST popular answer will be.
Scoring: Players score one point for each other player who gives the same answer as them on a given question (so if 5 people answer the question 'name a colour' with 'blue', they each earn 4 points). Hosts can play themselves. I have faith in our memberbase that cheating will be avoided.
Guidance: Questions should not be too niche (ideally people should be able to answer them without having to use Google, though Googling is allowed), and ideally should not be questions with a single blatantly obvious answer (e.g. 'name a song by Ł1 Fish Man'). I'll ask you to send a copy of your proposed questions to me so they can be quickly reviewed by the Lounge Mods for any clearly unsuitable questions before approving the round.

Pointless
Host sets (around) 10 questions and players answer what they think the LEAST popular CORRECT answer will be.
Scoring: Points are awarded in the same way as Family Fortunes for all correct answers. Incorrect answers are given what would be the highest possible score (i.e. one less than the number of players). The player with the FEWEST points at the end is the winner. An answer given by one person and no one else is a 'pointless' answer, as it scores 0 points. Hosts can play themselves. I still trust in our hosts not to cheat.
Guidance: Questions should have a finite list of possible answers, not too many but also not too few (in general I find that about 10-20 different answers for a question is a decent number to aim for so Pointless answers are achievable but quite rare). People (especially Jáhq) will generally try to find loopholes so you may want to word your questions quite carefully (or perhaps not, if you don't mind those loophole answers! After all, they are pretty much the only reliable strategy for being a Pointless champion, unless you're Noahspike and just win all these things anyway kink.gif) Overly niche questions should be avoided here as well (as much as 'name an item that features in the background of QueenofVagina's videos' would be an entertaining question). As with FF, I'll ask for you to send in proposed questions to be approved by the Lounge Mods.

However, I also hope that, if people are interested in hosting them, we can also run some other quizzes alongside these main ones as we did last year. The two other 'classic' recurring quiz formats:

Never Mind The BuzzJacks
Host creates a SoundCloud medley (or YouTube like yours truly did last year!!) of short clips from (around) 20 songs and players guess what the songs are.
Scoring: Typically players simply earn one point for each correct guess. Sometimes half marks are awarded for getting an artist correct but not the song. Bonus questions can also be set for extra points. The host obviously cannot play themselves (this does not affect your ability to do well on the Leaderboard as you can still earn points from the weekly FF/Pointless).
Guidance: It's a bit subjective how difficult a round of NMTBJ is so the Lounge Mods will not review a round before it is posted. However, do try your best to pick songs that people CAN guess, but not necessarily too easily (for example, maybe not a good idea to include an über random Mongolian throat singing piece, but also maybe don't include current UK #1 'Despacito'). Making a round of NMTBJ may seem a bit technical but it's not too difficult really, RabbitFurCoat provided some easy to follow instructions back when this was first a thing.

Album Cover Puzzle
Host creates a collage of cropped parts from (around) 20 album (or single if you want) covers and players guess what those albums are. Here's an example~
Scoring: The host decides in their own subjective way how many points each album is worth based on how difficult they think it is to guess. Typically the total number of points should add up to a round number like 100. Bonus questions can also be set for extra points. The host obviously cannot play themselves (this does not affect your ability to do well on the Leaderboard as you can still earn points from the weekly FF/Pointless).
Guidance: Again, difficulty is subjective so these rounds will not be reviewed by the Lounge Mods, but you'll want to avoid album covers that literally no one will recognise, because then probably no one will enter (unless they're after the free Leaderboard points if participation is under 30).

However, I am open to any new idea you may have for a quiz. Two years ago we had Johnkm's The Connecting Wall and last year Lotti's Emoji Quiz for example. If you want to have a go at one of these or any other novel idea (a 'decode the Michaelisms' quiz might be a bit too easy now though, as they're so ingrained in BJ culture), feel free to suggest it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 15 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #2
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I'd be happy to host a FF/Pointless at some point if the mods would like that.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 15 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

HYPE for this year's quiz season *.* we want the first quiz (/ possibly with additional supplementary quiz) on Monday so a volunteer or two straight away would be excellent. I'll edit a schedule into the OP as the requests come in~

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Jul 15 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #4
ayyy lmao
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

I'm one of the first to post here and I'd like to host something but maybe in a couple of weeks if that's okai

+Quote Post
Brébino
post Jul 15 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #5
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

I've hosted a quiz to kick off quiz season the last two times so am letting someone else take the reins this time ~ however still keen to have another go at an FF a few weeks down the line!

Hoping that now I'm not being entrusted as the sole keeper of the quizzes (this was always a bad idea. x) quizzes will be much more streamlined and organised this year! And yes, the scoreboard will be a thing again. I'm currently in the process of finally adding up the final scoreboard from the last quiz series ;o

+Quote Post
mdh
post Jul 15 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

I'd be happy to host any quiz really biggrin.gif (any time apart from the 12th-18th August x)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 15 2017, 08:46 PM
Post #7
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I'd like to do an NMTBJ biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 15 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #8
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

I'd happily try to have something put together for Monday if I can. Pointless/FF.

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Jul 15 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #9
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

Oh btw are the results for the rate predicta comin soon? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Brébino
post Jul 15 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #10
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

QUOTE(shattered_sanity @ Jul 15 2017, 09:47 PM) *
Oh btw are the results for the rate predicta comin soon? tongue.gif

The what?

ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Jul 15 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #11
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,835

I would like to do a Family Fortunes or Pointless

This post has been edited by HarryEzra: Jul 15 2017, 08:50 PM

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Jul 15 2017, 08:52 PM
Post #12
Mansonette
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

As nobody ever wants to do them, I wouldn't mind doing an album covers round in a few weeks time. I want to do something colourful!

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 15 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #13
Always Watching...
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I'll host a Family Fortunes plz happy.gif Whenever rlly, I have a long summer ahead~

+Quote Post
HausofSZA
post Jul 15 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #14
Henrietta R Hippo
Member No.: 13,007

I'll do Pointless/FF~

+Quote Post
Cody Lukasiak
post Jul 15 2017, 08:54 PM
Post #15
technique on fleek cause I'm ballet trained
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Like I wanna do a themed NMTBJ but I don't know where it will go in terms of here or somewhere else

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jul 15 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #16
I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams
Member No.: 20,947

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Jacřb
post Jul 15 2017, 09:00 PM
Post #17
Jacob Alan
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

I loved hosting NMTBJ but since I already did that I'll go for a pointless somewhere down the line (not this week though if that's ok!).

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jul 15 2017, 09:01 PM
Post #18
c:
Member No.: 20,692

QUOTE(dandy* @ Jul 15 2017, 09:52 PM) *
As nobody ever wants to do them, I wouldn't mind doing an album covers round in a few weeks time. I want to do something colourful!

These are my favourites too! I'd be up for hosting an album covers round too biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 15 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #19
must be love on the brain 💕
Member No.: 21,161

Hype, missed the quizzes *.* Sign me up for a Album Covers game~

This post has been edited by Andrew.: Jul 15 2017, 09:05 PM

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jul 15 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #20
Ooga Boo
Member No.: 5,572

Album Cover Game or FF pls *.*

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2017 - 01:25 PM