BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FLY~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
M.
post Jul 18 2017, 09:34 AM
Post #1
Moana Lisa
Group: Members
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

title like a hausofkubrick title happy.gif

(lol wtf)

Apologies for the misfortunes that took place when I last tried to create this thread kink.gif You had to be there...

I want to ask about your FLYING HABITS. I took the tiniest plane over to this island I'm on and it was like being in a helicopter. Was really cool. Do you like flying or are you fearful? Do you read, sleep, listen to music on the plane? Ever have any airport misfortunes etc?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jul 18 2017, 09:38 AM
Post #2
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

i quite like flying, once ur actually on the plane, airports stress me out mellow.gif i usually listen to music on the plane!

+Quote Post
Saenerys
post Jul 18 2017, 09:51 AM
Post #3
Pleased to meet you barbershop quartet.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,182

Anyone else never been on a plane?

+Quote Post
SouthsideSpinner
post Jul 18 2017, 09:53 AM
Post #4
ayyy lmao
Member No.: 21,005

I had never flown yet nocheer.gif

Will need to at some point when I can get my life sorted out tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 18 2017, 12:22 PM
Post #5
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I'm alright with flying but I haven't ever experienced a flight longer than about 3 hours, so not quite sure about long-haul flights yet. I usually put my headphones in for the entire duration to help me feel relaxed. <3 I find it quite hard to fall asleep on a plane.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Jul 18 2017, 12:30 PM
Post #6
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Flying is the best wub.gif

I have noise cancelling headphones that have improved my flying life so much. It's my preferred way to travel, even if I'm too tall for economy seats!!

I love the whole experience tbh. Airports don't bug me but people at security who take 40 hours do. Like how is it suddenly a surprise you need to get a laptop out and your liquids in a bag?! There are signs everywhere

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jul 18 2017, 12:32 PM
Post #7
Just another burden on the welfare state
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Went on a plane 2 years ago, before that I hadn't been since I was 2. I'm always worried about flying, I'm going on 2 different holidays by plane this year so that'll stress me out a bit but they're not long flights so hopefully everything will be fine.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 18 2017, 12:47 PM
Post #8
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I hate taking off bc I'm not that keen on heights so the feeling of going up I hate, but you don't even realise you're high up in the sky when you're actually flying so I don't mind the journey so much, it's no different to travelling any other way. I've only been on a plane once when I went to see Stirling uni, idk why I was adamnt to go there at one point laugh.gif I'm flying to Scotland for Glasgow with a few BJers tho, so it's only another like hour long flight. Idk how i'd feel with a long haul flight where there'd be turbulence etc.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 18 2017, 02:37 PM
Post #9
must be love on the brain 💕
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jul 18 2017, 01:47 PM) *
I hate taking off bc I'm not that keen on heights so the feeling of going up I hate, but you don't even realise you're high up in the sky when you're actually flying so I don't mind the journey so much, it's no different to travelling any other way. I've only been on a plane once when I went to see Stirling uni, idk why I was adamnt to go there at one point laugh.gif I'm flying to Scotland for Glasgow with a few BJers tho, so it's only another like hour long flight. Idk how i'd feel with a long haul flight where there'd be turbulence etc.

The adrenaline of going up is something I quite enjoy tbh, for some reason I'm really nervous in the airport and the plane is fine laugh.gif I've never flown on a long ass flight so I'd probably get bored then because I'm rubbish at sleeping anywhere else other than a bed laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jul 18 2017, 06:12 PM
Post #10
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

I love flying, it's the only mode of transport I can read on without feeling sick, and depending on the airline it's incredibly comfortable and relaxing.

Icelandair is the best I've ever used.

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Jul 18 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #11
see you space cowboy
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

Fairly standard 'worry before one gets on', am fine and comfortable for most of the flight even if it gets a little stiff sometimes. I adore all the bureaucracy and stages you go through at airports though, I could do that all day (when I'm in a good mood).

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jul 18 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #12
WINTER IS COMING
Member No.: 88

Flying is fine, I find it incredibly difficult to sleep on flights though which can be a nightmare.

Usually I just watch films on long haul flights. Usually go for 3-4 depending on what's available!

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jul 19 2017, 02:54 AM
Post #13
Only here for the cereal
Member No.: 19,534

I love flying and I love airports! I'd honestly live in an airport if I could, they're so much fun for people-watching and I love the larger ones that have a hundred different places to eat. That said, I've never been on a flight longer than 3-4 hours and would probably prefer spending all day in a car than on a plane.

+Quote Post
M.
post Jul 19 2017, 08:20 AM
Post #14
Moana Lisa
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I've also never been on a flight longer than three hours. The last flight I was on (yesterday) lasted a mere seven or eight minutes though lmao. Also they seated me next to the pilot which was.. a new experience ohmy.gif Like Riser Faller, I enjoy airports - I used to be like Lotti in that they stressed me out, that still occasionally happens, going through security is my least favourite part but I've never been unlucky in terms of having a thorough search done on me or something (I've been searched briefly).

I love getting something to eat on the plane, e.g. a well crafted sandwich and a cup of tea / coffee. Bliss wub.gif

+Quote Post
Juranamo
post Jul 19 2017, 09:13 AM
Post #15
"Everything seems different the second time around."
Member No.: 5,830
   No Gallery Pics

I love flying, planes take you to places so quickly. I love being in a window seat as you get to see the world from high up, which is just so beautiful. The only thing I dislike about flying is that my ears seem to be incapable of taking any sort of change in air pressure so I end up with muffly popped ears for days! sad.gif

+Quote Post
Iz~
post Jul 19 2017, 10:00 AM
Post #16
see you space cowboy
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I haven't been on a longer flight in years, not since South Africa when I was 10 (though I guess that may change soon), but I loved the maps and in-flight options you got with that. Makes up for spending so long on the plane.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Jul 19 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #17
Only here for the cereal
Member No.: 19,534

I'm quite good at getting through security quickly these days but I seem to always end up with four bins going through the conveyor belt along with my suitcase, so it's a bit of a challenge to do all that without holding up the people behind me.

QUOTE(Juranamo @ Jul 19 2017, 05:13 AM) *
The only thing I dislike about flying is that my ears seem to be incapable of taking any sort of change in air pressure so I end up with muffly popped ears for days! sad.gif
Have you tried chewing gum during takeoff and landing? I've heard that helps, not sure if it's true but I chew gum every time just in case, and my ears have never popped.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jul 19 2017, 03:01 PM
Post #18
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

Yeah I heard just sucking sweets or something. I'm assuming it's the constant swallowing that helps so yeah chewing gum would work as well. unsure.gif

Don't forcefully try and unpop your ears though, can do permanent damage that way.

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 19 2017, 03:24 PM
Post #19
Always Watching...
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

I occasionally get paranoid when up in the air (not helped that I was flying with Malaysia Airlines once a couple of weeks after the missile crisis in 2014...) and when taking off, but otherwise I'm fine with it. I kinda love long flights, you can really just do your own thing for hours and not get disturbed! My longest flight was the aforementioned to Australia, 12 hours there and back *_ (the stopovers were a bit long though). I do miss it, haven't flown in over two years sad.gif Definitely wanna change that soon.

The scariest moment when I was flying was when I was coming back from Milan a few years ago and the plane literally lurched downwards unannounced, lasted less than a second, but you don't forget something like that!

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Jul 19 2017, 03:24 PM

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Jul 19 2017, 03:55 PM
Post #20
Get Free.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 67

(Usually drones take those pictures xx)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 07:51 PM