BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Least favourite SCHOOL SUBJECT~, Round 3
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Least favourite SCHOOL SUBJECT~
Round 3
English [ 1 ] ** [2.70%]
Mathematics [ 4 ] ** [10.81%]
Science [ 2 ] ** [5.41%]
Computing / ICT [ 5 ] ** [13.51%]
Geography [ 8 ] ** [21.62%]
History [ 5 ] ** [13.51%]
Languages (Modern or Classic) [ 2 ] ** [5.41%]
Music [ 10 ] ** [27.03%]
Total Votes: 37

HausofSZA
post Jul 19 2017, 05:39 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Another double elimination and this time we lose fairly similar subjects! First up is Citizenship/PSHE or whatever names it's been given across the country. A lot of us enjoy discussing the global debate topics covered in this subject but the teaching of it at school wasn't really to our taste. Across the key stages topics covered include: sex education, careers, health, drugs/alcohol, and many more. Some hard hitting topics ~

We also lose Religious Education. There were mixed opinions on this. While some enjoyed learning about different religions, many believed that the areas covered were too narrow and should've covered all of the major religions in equal weighting or different denominations of various religions. My experiences of R.E. did cover the 6 major religions in equal part but lessons did often DRAG and were a bore but it seems like a subject that can be made extremely interesting if taught correctly. Still BJ aren't really here for the spiritual / citizenship side of things going on round 2's results ~

I do think the two subjects are extremely important in today's current climate but they are also subjects and areas that should be covered in all subjects/and taught holistically across the school curriculum!

09. Religious Education [9 votes/16.36%]
10. Citizenship / PSHE [10 votes/18.18%]
11. Art & Design / D.T. [14 votes/11.67%]
12: P.E. [32 votes/26.67%]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HausofSZA
post Jul 19 2017, 05:42 PM
Post #2
Henrietta R Hippo

Computing / ICT for me ~

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 19 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I am going for Music this time! Some of the theory was quite interesting at times (a lesson about Britpop in particular was always gonna go down well with me *.*) but the practical side just didn't interest me at all. The most fun was always messing around on the keyboard, many a "DJ!!" to be heard in the classroom kink.gif But yeah I didn't exactly learn very much from that lmao. I was quite musical in Primary school as I played the clarinet, tenor horn and recorder plus I was in the choir but I didn't feel that passionate about the subject in secondary school.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 19 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #4
One Mississippi you're here, luvin me with all your heart
Member No.: 21,161

Geography again for me ~ HORRIBLE teacher, boring subject and I had to do it for three more years than I had to despite hating it from the start :')

I actually really like all the other subjects left lmao (nerd) so not sure what I'ma go for after this one ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
HausofSZA
post Jul 19 2017, 05:48 PM
Post #5
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 19 2017, 06:45 PM) *
I am going for Music this time! Some of the theory was quite interesting at times (a lesson about Britpop in particular was always gonna go down well with me *.*) but the practical side just didn't interest me at all. The most fun was always messing around on the keyboard, many a "DJ!!" to be heard in the classroom kink.gif But yeah I didn't exactly learn very much from that lmao. I was quite musical in Primary school as I played the clarinet, tenor horn and recorder plus I was in the choir but I didn't feel that passionate about the subject in secondary school.

Omg memories of preparing "performances" for weeks and then going round the class sharing them but most children hitting the automated DJ sounds on the keyboards kink.gif Teacher was not amused by the time the 14th child did this ~

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 19 2017, 05:48 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 19 2017, 06:45 PM) *

Omg the 'DJ!!'' was hilarious at first but it got so annoying, I was a 'lil bit of a nerd when it comes to music (Grade 2 in the clarinet and I thought I was the new Mozart x) and got so pissed off at people not taking it seriously laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Andrew.: Jul 19 2017, 05:49 PM

+Quote Post
AllWeKnowOfSpadz
post Jul 19 2017, 05:49 PM
Post #7
Don't need you to tell me I'm so cynical
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

jog raffy

+Quote Post
HarryEzra
post Jul 19 2017, 05:49 PM
Post #8
Sit Down. Be Humble.
Member No.: 20,835

Maths!!!! Let's make it happen #downwithmaths

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Jul 19 2017, 05:51 PM
Post #9
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Out of those left, music is the one I feel like I didn't really gain anything from. Just a load of messing around with keyboards and a few other instruments. Think it could've been a lot more given my love for modern (chart) music whilst I was at school

+Quote Post
danG
post Jul 19 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #10
Danvicii
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Geography. Bore.

+Quote Post
HausofSZA
post Jul 19 2017, 05:54 PM
Post #11
Henrietta R Hippo

QUOTE(J▲hq @ Jul 19 2017, 06:51 PM) *
Out of those left, music is the one I feel like I didn't really gain anything from. Just a load of messing around with keyboards and a few other instruments. Think it could've been a lot more given my love for modern (chart) music whilst I was at school

Yeah and then maybe you could've learnt a thing or two about good TASTE in terms of chart music sleep.gif You clearly missed a lot of learning on that part. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jul 19 2017, 05:56 PM
Post #12
c:
Member No.: 20,692

I've gone for Music too, I've never been a musical person at all and can't sing either so just found it a bit of a waste of time. It was fun to muck about with at times (especially with the aforementioned DJ mode, everyone used to giggle when a few of the notes sounded like girls moaning which was hilarious to childish teenagers, of course) but I never really learnt anything and probably would have benefited more from having other lessons (extra English/Maths etc. or even other creative subjects like Drama, I found that massively improved my confidence when we were able to learn it in upper school!).

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 19 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #13
Balegdah
Member No.: 10,139

Music, it was more fun than art etc. becasue you could piss about on the keyboard or sth but it was still quite like art/DT because if you weren't good at it, none of the teachers were that fussed on you but they'd worship the popular people who thought they were Xtina becasue they once had a solo in year 4. We also had a f***ing HORRIFIC sort of subset of music called voice, I guess it was drama crossed with music but we had to like do singing warm-ups all lesson for most of them and then like read a story out or something. But the actual music lessons weren't much better, I remember doing a project on Leona Lewis once lmao and that was about the most interesting thing. All else I remember is taking about 5 lessons on learning the "do do do do do do" bit of Better Off Alone and we did loads on Danse Macabre. I agree that you just never really got anything from it at all, if like everyone properly learnt to play keyboard or sth (ik that would be impossible time and resource wise), fair, but it was just pointless, if less boring than some of the ones I've targeted already. I think it's one of those that's probably much better when you choose it and get what you want out of it, but as a compulsory subject in lower years it just seems pointless.

Giving Geography a sort of benefit of the doubt as we had a horrendous teacher years 7 and 8, who would give you detention if you so much as coughed (no joke) and it was the most boring thing imaginable, but it was good in year 9 and human geography is interesting.

+Quote Post
J▲hq
post Jul 19 2017, 05:58 PM
Post #14
alt er love
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(HausofSZA @ Jul 19 2017, 06:54 PM) *
Yeah and then maybe you could've learnt a thing or two about good TASTE in terms of chart music sleep.gif You clearly missed a lot of learning on that part. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jul 19 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Josh! @ Jul 19 2017, 06:56 PM) *
I've gone for Music too, I've never been a musical person at all and can't sing either so just found it a bit of a waste of time. It was fun to muck about with at times (especially with the aforementioned DJ mode, everyone used to giggle when a few of the notes sounded like girls moaning which was hilarious to childish teenagers, of course) but I never really learnt anything and probably would have benefited more from having other lessons (extra English/Maths etc. or even other creative subjects like Drama, I found that massively improved my confidence when we were able to learn it in upper school!).

Once I was singing in music or drama and the teacher said my voice was a 'horrible horrible racket' and it was ngl, you can't be that bad compared to me tbh laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 19 2017, 06:01 PM
Post #16
Always Watching...
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah, Music was so useless, if quite fun for how many times you can mess around, especially with the keyboard playing versions of songs *.* The teacher himself just couldn't be bothered either, I don't think we actually learnt anything for two years, as in he literally didn't even try, it was just 'go on keyboards' or not even saying anything laugh.gif

Geography can't go yet sad.gif (yes it was way too much about rocks and stuff, but I did have a good teacher and am a bit of a ~naturalist~ so am slightly biased here)

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jul 19 2017, 06:02 PM
Post #17
c:
Member No.: 20,692

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jul 19 2017, 06:59 PM) *
Once I was singing in music or drama and the teacher said my voice was a 'horrible horrible racket' and it was ngl, you can't be that bad compared to me tbh laugh.gif

That's a bit harsh laugh.gif

We mainly did group singing so I got away with just lip syncing, I think that's why I'm so good at it now when my favourite pop songs are on heehee.gif

+Quote Post
AllWeKnowOfSpadz
post Jul 19 2017, 06:07 PM
Post #18
Don't need you to tell me I'm so cynical
Member No.: 21,005

I kind of liked Music but so much of it I couldn't understand or there was too much theory (this was mostly the case in GCSE though)

+Quote Post
danG
post Jul 19 2017, 06:09 PM
Post #19
Danvicii
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I can't bring myself to vote music yet cos I was very good at it, but do have to agree music lessons in KS3 were very pointless - especially for me seeing as I had already learnt how to play the piano/keyboard at a higher level than they were teaching, and then a lot of the lessons were taken up by singing practise for the school production or carols service which I didn't enjoy.

+Quote Post
No Sleeep
post Jul 19 2017, 06:36 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,008
   No Gallery Pics

Science... why is that still here!? It just doesn't register with me laugh.gif

I'm not a big fan of Music either, plus in Scotland they focus wayyyyyy too much on irrelevant Scottish music that bores everybody to tears laugh.gif My highlight of Music was getting to play "Like a Prayer" on the keyboard laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 01:55 PM