BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Regrets
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
*Tim
post Jul 20 2017, 01:35 PM
Post #1
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 16,660

Do you have any?
Did you have any but managed to solve them?

Or do you just live life and never look back?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 20 2017, 01:44 PM
Post #2
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

Generally I don't regret much, quite often I'll be like "why the hell did I do that??" but on the whole I only have a few sorta 'major' regrets that really f***ed up things in my life or whatnot. Quite a lot of them come down to putting time into relationships with people that didn't deserve it :')

Idk if you can really solve regrets tbh bc they've already happened, most of the time you just need to accept them and move on but that's just from my own experience.

+Quote Post
AllWeKnowOfSpadz
post Jul 20 2017, 02:03 PM
Post #3
Don't need you to tell me I'm so cynical
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

I try to not regret things but guilt does try to make me hold onto regrets.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 20 2017, 02:43 PM
Post #4
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I regret not learning to drive as soon as I turned 17. I felt so motivated and ready for it at the time but then I suddenly whipped myself into a frenzy of panic leading up to my birthday and decided against it. It would have been nice to get that out the way before Uni started, it's been a downward slope where I've felt more anxious about the idea since then but hopefully I'll be in the right place again in time. I also kinda regret some of the company I used to keep and definitely my past relationships :'). I am trying not to dwell on my past too much any more and I'm just happy that my life is in a good place at the moment.

+Quote Post
Cherry.
post Jul 20 2017, 02:47 PM
Post #5
feminist icon
Member No.: 21,777

Jade I literally had to force myself to learn to drive, I literally had some lessons where I'd full on cry in my instructors car and he'd have to take me back- but now I love it!!!! I promise it's so much less scary if you just push through it

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jul 20 2017, 02:53 PM
Post #6
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

I regret getting involved with one of my best mates as now I barely speak to him and it's because the whole scenario is awkward. I don't regret it at the same time though as I would probably have never met Camden without it.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 20 2017, 02:57 PM
Post #7
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(Cherry. @ Jul 20 2017, 03:47 PM) *
Jade I literally had to force myself to learn to drive, I literally had some lessons where I'd full on cry in my instructors car and he'd have to take me back- but now I love it!!!! I promise it's so much less scary if you just push through it

I feel like I would be the exact same! Thanks for these words they were quite reassuring <3 I think I might push myself to learn next year after Uni is all done and I can focus on something other than my dissertation until I get a full-time job haha. I am usually okay with getting to places on public transport but the extra freedom would be really nice.

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jul 20 2017, 02:57 PM
Post #8
Just another burden on the welfare state
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

I regret not learning to drive or getting a job, although even now I know I won't be able to push myself to do either before I go to Uni. I also regret not keeping in contact with friends who've gone to different schools/colleges, there are people I used to speak to every day when I was in primary school that I would be nervous to approach nowadays.

+Quote Post
AllWeKnowOfSpadz
post Jul 20 2017, 03:17 PM
Post #9
Don't need you to tell me I'm so cynical
Member No.: 21,005

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 20 2017, 03:43 PM) *
I regret not learning to drive as soon as I turned 17. I felt so motivated and ready for it at the time but then I suddenly whipped myself into a frenzy of panic leading up to my birthday and decided against it. It would have been nice to get that out the way before Uni started, it's been a downward slope where I've felt more anxious about the idea since then but hopefully I'll be in the right place again in time. I also kinda regret some of the company I used to keep and definitely my past relationships :'). I am trying not to dwell on my past too much any more and I'm just happy that my life is in a good place at the moment.
I started learning for a while but in the end I gave up because I just couldn't concentrate enough or remember all the different things you needed to... remember laugh.gif I wouldn't be able to keep myself in one piece if I were to make something awful happen for my stupidity or forgetfulness :////

+Quote Post
StillJupiter
post Jul 20 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I try not to have regrets. Although, Jade, good point on not learning to drive. Not having that skill is a pain to an extent nowadays, although living in a city it isn't such a big nightmare as it could be if I was out in the sticks.

At the time when I was a teenager I just didn't really have the time or the money tho so at least I was logical about it back then. I didn't even do my theory test tho :/ I've no idea how or where you do that as an adult laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Addy K!ng
post Jul 20 2017, 07:40 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 2,666

Oh god where should I start with this lol.

I have regrets about many things I did in past, in terms of making decisions (about business, family etc etc)...but then I always think 'what if I regretted later for not trying'...thank god now I moved on from that phase and I can totally say that everything happened for a reason...I am in much better place now...bottom line everything I regretted for doing it, brought me in this position where I am now wub.gif

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post Jul 20 2017, 09:32 PM
Post #12
it's alright to feel like a fat child in a pushchair
Member No.: 11,421

I try not to have regrets as dwelling on past mistakes is never a good way to feel happy about yourself. I generally go by if I've moved on from whatever mistake it was and it's not affecting your life in the present day then f*** it forget about it! Nearly every regret/mistake has shaped me into a better person and I'm pretty happy with who I am thanks to those turning points.

The only thing I'd call a regret at the moment was not staying at university for long enough the first time around in 2015 - it meant I went back for a second attempt as a fresher one year on and then I realised it wasn't what I wanted to do - I think... Could've kick started the whole process of looking for other opportunities a year earlier if I hadn't been so scared!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 01:57 PM