BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HAIR, MAKE-UP & BEAUTY THREAD, the beautiful people ~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cucumberella
post Jul 24 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

This is a thread to discuss your favourite hair, skin and beauty must-haves, and share tips, tricks, lookbooks and trend etc. - anything you think you wanna share or just let us know what you've been loving!

What's your routine? What can you not live without? What's hot?

I'm a massive make-up fan despite not using it, and actually really want to get into it myself so any recommendations on great starter products (for real-life / drag make-up) / brushes / kits / tips!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 24 2017, 08:27 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

Make-up my saviour since about age 15 *.* These are my every day make-up products:

No 7 Beautiful Skin BB cream (normal/oily skin) ~ I have been using this exact BB cream for years, never felt the desire to switch to foundation.
Maybelline New York Master Drama Khol liner ~ My absolute go-to eyeliner!! I have used so many bad ones but this lasts a while and comes out really well. Who even am I without my winged liner?
MAC Dubonnet Amplified lipstck ~ MAC are quite pricey but the quality is worth the money. My other go-to is usually the 'Starry Eyed' shade of Rimmel London lipstick which is a fair amount cheaper
Seventeen Brow sculpting pencil ~ My old eyebrow pencil lasted about 2 years and then I couldn't find it in the shops any more, this has been a fine replacement though.
Benefit They're Real! mascara ~ This was absolutely raved about a few years ago by beauty bloggers/vloggers, I got a small version at first to see what all the hype was about (the full version is quite pricey) and I could quickly see what the fuss was about - it gives you dramatic volume, enhances the length perfectly and lasts a while, not at all gunky either

I used to wear black eyeshadow as well but ditched that about a year ago so my look is slightly more natural these days.

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Jul 24 2017, 08:34 PM
Post #3
Hang in when the world counts you out and you’re gonna be fine
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,005

I thought for a second that the mods made an AWFUL decision to merge the threads to this laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 24 2017, 09:12 PM
Post #4
Heda
Member No.: 21,176
   No Gallery Pics

omg I wear makeup but like basic af, i'm pretty sure I probably do it wrong but

I use mabelline dream matte mouse foundation in light porcelain (yes i'm that pale) this is one of the few foundations i've found that matches my skin pretty well plus i hated both liquid and powder foundations so a mousse one is ideal laugh.gif I also wear blusher (i need to get more atm) but I'm not really fussy on what kind, usually i just go for the cheapest pale pink one (my last one was speedy blush by Collection 2000 ) :') Same for mascara, I just go for the cheapest (currently have Rimmell lash accelerator) . Eyeliner is pretty important though, well, the kohl pencil one that i use on my waterline i'm not too fussed about, usually I get Collection 2000 intense colour (in black ofc). Most of you who have seen me will know I do like a good wing with my top eyeliner though but I'm yet to find like THE perfect one, I used to try liquid and gel but hated both, then i moved onto pens which are definitely easier to keep it neat and get the shape you want etc. I find that I either don't like the tip or I feel its not black enough, i know that sounds dumb but its a thing, so at the moment (now don't judge me) I'm using Rimmell Scandal Eyes, Rimmell Colour Precise and Collection 2000 Extreme felt tip liner. I will use all three at once because the Extreme one has the blackness I want but the tip is too tick for the wings so I'll like use that to do over my lid then switch to one of the other two to do the wing part laugh.gif I've tried so many eyeliner pens sad.gif I go through phases where I'll wear lipstick over gloss but then other times where I'll wear gloss but they've always got to be in a sorta natural pink colour, because I'm so pale and ginger I don't suit bold or dark colours rolleyes.gif Again, I just go for what is cheapest but I don't recommend doing that with lipgloss as sometimes is so sticky and it feels gross. I've got Oh My Gloss by Rimmell atm, apparently the tone I have is called snog mellow.gif I've also got a Barry M lipstick that I love, I can't remember the name of it but its shade 169 (I assure you that had no influence over my decision to pick it ) angel.gif Sometimes i'll wear eye shadow too, usually brown or grey tones. Cameron got me a Smoky Urban Decay pallet for Christmas last year so I use that any time I'm putting eye shadow on, I really love it tbh.

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jul 24 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #5
feminist icon
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 21,777

I don't wear foundation because I'm a lazy bitch, eyeliner is either Kat Von d or rimmel skinny pot eyeliner and I'm using a tarte mascara ATM bc I can't afford roller lash by benefit

Finished with whichever lime crime lipstick takes my fancy. I'll photo my collection tomorrow

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 24 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #6
Howdy, disco citizens.
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

This thread is so educational.

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Jul 24 2017, 10:26 PM
Post #7
The Navigator
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jul 24 2017, 11:13 PM) *
This thread is so educational.

This tbh.

Next question arises is which Buzzjack member looks the most pretty with their make-up on? happy.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 24 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #8
Howdy, disco citizens.
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(awardinary @ Jul 24 2017, 11:26 PM) *
This tbh.

Next question arises is which Buzzjack member looks the most pretty with their make-up on? happy.gif

Me. Next question.

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 24 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #9
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

oh in regards to hair, aside from shampooing and conditioning I don't really do much with it bar straighten it, sometimes I'll put mousse in it while its wet before I blow dry it as its one of the few ways I can get my fringe to sit okay laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 24 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #10
Howdy, disco citizens.
   No Gallery Pics

My hair routine largely consists of me attempting to disguise my widow's peaks in the least conspicuous ways possible.

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jul 24 2017, 11:10 PM
Post #11
feminist icon

My hair is routine is use purple shampoo, whatever conditioner is cheap then attempt to contain my curls

+Quote Post
JosephStyles
post Jul 24 2017, 11:21 PM
Post #12
dreadlocked hair don't care
Member No.: 13,530

I buy shampoo off Amazon because regular shampoo isn't recommended for dreadlocks. I buy "residue free" shampoo with no conditioner and it works a treat. I wash my hair every other day with water, and every other wash is with shampoo (mainly cause drying it takes like 10 years lmao x).

Otherwise I do very little with regards to my appearance! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Jul 25 2017, 12:19 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(awardinary @ Jul 24 2017, 11:26 PM) *
This tbh.

This would be a dog's dinner if it was made rate style :') (I personally don't define prettiness by company makeup products so no one lol) ((I should stop posting here, bye kids))

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jul 25 2017, 11:26 AM
Post #14
feminist icon

QUOTE(සුනු# @ Jul 25 2017, 01:19 AM) *
This would be a dog's dinner if it was made rate style :') (I personally don't define prettiness by company makeup products so no one lol) ((I should stop posting here, bye kids))

this really pisses me off!! i hate the whole natural brigade // take your girl swimming on the first date movements. makeup isn't a tool for anyone elses pleasure but the person wearing it, do i do my eyeliner sharp in the hope it's going to lure me a man??? NO!! i wear my makeup because i like how it looks and it makes me feel like the best version of myself, makeup is an art tool which can be used by ANYONE regardless of gender. it's not shallow or superficial

+Quote Post
Emily Haines
post Jul 25 2017, 11:39 AM
Post #15
Gunshot Glitter™
Member No.: 10,790
   No Gallery Pics

I wish I was one of those girls who knew how to contour and do amazing makeup and hair.

My life just consists of Tresemme shampoo and conditioner and a quick blow dry so it's not super damp. I never straighten my hair and I only ever curl it if it's a special occasion like a wedding. I don't even get highlights put in it anymore, but maybe I should. I'd love how to do vintage hair.

Everyday makeup is just eyeliner and mascara (think they're both rimmel) with an occasional bit of concealer (younique). I'll put foundation on occasionally. Always moisturise using something with SPF in. I like makeup and I like how it makes me feel but 90% of the time I'm just too lazy to care.

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Jul 25 2017, 12:43 PM
Post #16

thank GOD I didn't have another shattered sanity moment

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Jul 25 2017, 12:43 PM
Post #17

oops I had another shattered sanity moment

+Quote Post
ʟɪɴᴅs.
post Jul 25 2017, 01:09 PM
Post #18
Heda
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cherry. @ Jul 25 2017, 12:26 PM) *
this really pisses me off!! i hate the whole natural brigade // take your girl swimming on the first date movements. makeup isn't a tool for anyone elses pleasure but the person wearing it, do i do my eyeliner sharp in the hope it's going to lure me a man??? NO!! i wear my makeup because i like how it looks and it makes me feel like the best version of myself, makeup is an art tool which can be used by ANYONE regardless of gender. it's not shallow or superficial

honestly this is so important, and I couldn't agree more with you Lotti. I think women especially get judged either way though, if they don't wear makeup people assume they don't take pride in their appearance etc but if they do it's because they're superficial and only care about how they look in the hope that someone else finds them attractive, but also makeup covers up what they "actually look like" (ie. the idea behind the swimming thing), it's all utter shite. I wear makeup because I enjoy doing it and I'm not super comfortable with the state of my skin naturally so do like to put foundation on but sometimes I am okay with my skin and don't feel the need to wear it. I used to never wear makeup in high school just because I couldn't be arsed, but that was frowned upon at the time?? Now my ambition is to have skin that I can get away with not wearing foundation with and only put eye makeup on but again, that's purely for myself.

+Quote Post
troublepink
post Jul 25 2017, 01:22 PM
Post #19
Beautiful Trauma
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 590

I never wear make up, and never really have tbh. the few times (very rarely) I've attempted it I didn't like how it felt on my face, maybe I was putting it on wrong who knows, but it felt so uncomfortable so I stopped bothering.

I like my hair to look nice though because I used to get picked on at school because of my hair. Its a pretty simple style though and I don't really do much with it apart from straighten it. I'm trying to grow it though, haven't had long hair since I was about 8! Had it cut really short back in 2009 so it will be interesting to see how long I can grow it for, especially since its so thick. I've been dying it half red in the last 12 months as well which I love, but I'm not brave enough to go for a full head of red hair. When I first had it dyed I put a photo on Facebook and got 30 likes for it (I usually get about 5 likes at the most on anything that I post laugh.gif ) so that meant a lot after being bullied for my hair when I was a kid.

I think people who do super cool make up, all the contouring etc are actually really talented, its almost like artwork and I could never ever be able to do anything like that!

+Quote Post
SPINEMATIC
post Jul 25 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(ʙᴇᴀʀs˧ @ Jul 25 2017, 02:09 PM) *
honestly this is so important, and I couldn't agree more with you Lotti. I think women especially get judged either way though, if they don't wear makeup people assume they don't take pride in their appearance etc but if they do it's because they're superficial and only care about how they look in the hope that someone else finds them attractive, but also makeup covers up what they "actually look like" (ie. the idea behind the swimming thing), it's all utter shite. I wear makeup because I enjoy doing it and I'm not super comfortable with the state of my skin naturally so do like to put foundation on but sometimes I am okay with my skin and don't feel the need to wear it. I used to never wear makeup in high school just because I couldn't be arsed, but that was frowned upon at the time?? Now my ambition is to have skin that I can get away with not wearing foundation with and only put eye makeup on but again, that's purely for myself.
Good thing I'm not people magic.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 12:56 PM